Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 08:33:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be  (Read 142979 times)
Ye We Can
Mumph

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: December 01, 2017, 04:28:10 AM »
« edited: December 01, 2017, 04:34:04 AM by Mumph »

So here I am bored in college and I get a message on tinder. Oh boy. Anyway she seems pretty cool and at like 1am she snaps me and says I oughta come over and "distract her from her hw." Oh boy X2. So I head over there and while I'm on the way my friend decides to be weird and finds her Facebook, and it says she has a boyfriend.
Well then.

Anyway I'm still on my way but with a moral dilemma now, and when I get there I walk into her room and the girl literally has like a collage of pics of her bf over her bed.
At that point I realized I couldn't do it and made awkward small talk before excusing myself after a half hour.
Considering messaging her bf.

TL;DR thots gonna thot I guess
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #201 on: December 01, 2017, 05:29:32 AM »

So here I am bored in college and I get a message on tinder. Oh boy. Anyway she seems pretty cool and at like 1am she snaps me and says I oughta come over and "distract her from her hw." Oh boy X2. So I head over there and while I'm on the way my friend decides to be weird and finds her Facebook, and it says she has a boyfriend.
Well then.

Anyway I'm still on my way but with a moral dilemma now, and when I get there I walk into her room and the girl literally has like a collage of pics of her bf over her bed.
At that point I realized I couldn't do it and made awkward small talk before excusing myself after a half hour.

I've never used Tinder, but is meeting a person IRL the same day you met them online common practice now? Huh
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #202 on: December 01, 2017, 08:44:21 AM »

Well then.

I've never used Tinder, but is meeting a person IRL the same day you met them online common practice now? Huh

How else do you buy/sell on craigslist?
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #203 on: December 01, 2017, 09:41:19 AM »

Well then.

It is if you're only interested in sex.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #204 on: December 01, 2017, 09:47:54 AM »

Well then.

I don't.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #205 on: December 01, 2017, 09:50:02 AM »

Well then.

I don't.

Maybe you don't, but surely you acknowledge it's common practice.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #206 on: December 01, 2017, 09:51:19 AM »

Well then.

I don't.

Yes, one that can get you raped or killed if you're that unlucky fella.  I am naturally paranoid, though.
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #207 on: December 01, 2017, 10:16:39 AM »

Well then.

Yes when you're looking to hookup and can swing it. Tinder makes it easy, the account is made through Facebook (although it doesn't link back to it) which plus Snapchat makes it easy to verify if the other person is real or not.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #208 on: December 01, 2017, 10:22:53 AM »

Well then.

I don't.

Yes, one that can get you raped or killed if you're that unlucky fella.  I am naturally paranoid, though.
What if it's my fantasy to meet someone from Craigslist under the pretense of purchasing something from them, only so they can rape me and kill me? Then I wouldn't be an unlucky fella.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #209 on: December 01, 2017, 12:28:10 PM »

@mumph

FWIW, my brother was in a small NC town for a year. He just returned to FL the other day. He was recovering from heroin addiction, and befriended a couple whom he'd sometimes hang out with to play guitar and smoke weed with. Anywho, long story short, the girl tried to sleep with him, he refused, she told her boyfriend, he blamed my brother, and she spread rumors around this very small town that my brother was selling heroin and going down to Asheville to party with hookers.

Long story short, my brother was slowly ostracized by the community, which turned on him, and he had to eventually move. I would be careful in messaging her boyfriend. You never know what kind of crazy people you'll encounter out there.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #210 on: December 01, 2017, 04:19:17 PM »

Last day at work today. Going back to Florida for a God awful, boring, no good 2 months to spend time with family. Jesus Christ, Florida bored me to tears
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #211 on: December 01, 2017, 04:46:21 PM »

Last day at work today. Going back to Florida for a God awful, boring, no good 2 months to spend time with family. Jesus Christ, Florida bored me to tears
Where abouts in Florida?
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #212 on: December 01, 2017, 04:47:34 PM »

@mumph

FWIW, my brother was in a small NC town for a year. He just returned to FL the other day. He was recovering from heroin addiction, and befriended a couple whom he'd sometimes hang out with to play guitar and smoke weed with. Anywho, long story short, the girl tried to sleep with him, he refused, she told her boyfriend, he blamed my brother, and she spread rumors around this very small town that my brother was selling heroin and going down to Asheville to party with hookers.

Long story short, my brother was slowly ostracized by the community, which turned on him, and he had to eventually move. I would be careful in messaging her boyfriend. You never know what kind of crazy people you'll encounter out there.

Hmm that's an unfortunate story. I'll consider it, thanks.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #213 on: December 01, 2017, 06:08:22 PM »

Where abouts in Florida?

St. Petersburg
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #214 on: December 01, 2017, 06:12:06 PM »
« Edited: December 01, 2017, 06:13:55 PM by muon2 »

Last night I gave a PechaKucha talk. It's an unusual format. You get 20 slides and they are projected for exactly 20 seconds each. Your 6 min 40 sec speech has to line up with the slides. 20 sec is not a lot of time to say something meaningful, so it really forces the speaker to plan words carefully. They are also entertaining, and even if they aren't, it is over quickly. Nine of us presented last night, and I was number 6, right after the intermission.

I had an extra challenge that I didn't expect. We got up for a group photo during intermission, and I wasn't feeling quite right. My stomach was upset, and I felt a touch of chills. I'm not prone to be nervous giving public talks since I do it for a living, so nerves didn't seem to fit here. I was concerned that it might be the norovirus my wife had at the beginning of the week. Any I gave the talk and no one noticed me in any distress.

I sped home quickly, and sure enough I went straight to the bathroom with norovirus. Mild fever, vomiting, diarrhea, the whole deal - through the night and into the morning. If it goes like expected, I should be over any symptoms in the next day or so. But talk about a close call last night.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #215 on: December 01, 2017, 06:21:16 PM »

Last night I gave a PechaKucha talk. It's an unusual format. You get 20 slides and they are projected for exactly 20 seconds each. Your 6 min 40 sec speech has to line up with the slides. 20 sec is not a lot of time to say something meaningful, so it really forces the speaker to plan words carefully. They are also entertaining, and even if they aren't, it is over quickly. Nine of us presented last night, and I was number 6, right after the intermission.

I had an extra challenge that I didn't expect. We got up for a group photo during intermission, and I wasn't feeling quite right. My stomach was upset, and I felt a touch of chills. I'm not prone to be nervous giving public talks since I do it for a living, so nerves didn't seem to fit here. I was concerned that it might be the norovirus my wife had at the beginning of the week. Any I gave the talk and no one noticed me in any distress.

I sped home quickly, and sure enough I went straight to the bathroom with norovirus. Mild fever, vomiting, diarrhea, the whole deal - through the night and into the morning. If it goes like expected, I should be over any symptoms in the next day or so. But talk about a close call last night.

Any chance a Russian spy is trying to poison politically active American scientists?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #216 on: December 01, 2017, 07:47:06 PM »

I will be going to the Trump rally in Pensacola next week!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #217 on: December 01, 2017, 07:47:59 PM »

Yikes, feel better!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #218 on: December 03, 2017, 03:16:03 PM »

I've been feeling rather Aladeen recently.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #219 on: December 03, 2017, 03:33:24 PM »

I love how in the winter, my house is actually hotter than it is in the summer despite having the AC set to the same temperature. I suspect because it's easier to maintain that temp in the winter due to less heat, so the fan stops blowing as much and less air flow = more stagnation. Or maybe not, I dunno. All I know is every damn year around this time its hot when it shouldn't be Lips Sealed
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #220 on: December 03, 2017, 04:00:34 PM »

Just noticed my book was actually printed in Kentucky, which proves my involuntary but undeniable association via association with Mitch McConnell. I feel dirty and have no choice but to burn all f[inks]ing author copies and send the ashes back to that terrible place. Everything's f[inks]ing ruined...
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #221 on: December 03, 2017, 04:35:32 PM »

Welcome to the basket, Kal! Smiley
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #222 on: December 03, 2017, 06:37:51 PM »

Bringing manufacturing back to America!
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #223 on: December 03, 2017, 06:53:05 PM »

as in the guy with the lamp and the genie?
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #224 on: December 03, 2017, 06:58:57 PM »

Or Sacha Baron Cohen's character from The Dictator?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies