Trump approval ratings thread 1.2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 05:36:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump approval ratings thread 1.2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 78
Author Topic: Trump approval ratings thread 1.2  (Read 185786 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: December 28, 2017, 01:20:58 PM »

Looks like the TAX REFORM BUMP has restored him to his November numbers.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #876 on: December 28, 2017, 01:24:30 PM »

Ehhh? You mean the Rasmussen and Gallup daily trackers? Because we've gotten very little polling the last week.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #877 on: December 28, 2017, 01:28:12 PM »

Gravis Florida Poll

Favorable - 39
Unfavorable - 53

Great Poll For Trump In A State He Only Won By 1 Point.
Mods please ban.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #878 on: December 28, 2017, 01:34:51 PM »

Ehhh? You mean the Rasmussen and Gallup daily trackers? Because we've gotten very little polling the last week.

Sorry, I should have quoted. I was referring to the Gallup daily update. A few days ago I was monitoring because he'd gained 5 points in a few days and there was at least the possibility of a real change.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #879 on: December 28, 2017, 02:02:58 PM »

Sorry, I should have quoted. I was referring to the Gallup daily update. A few days ago I was monitoring because he'd gained 5 points in a few days and there was at least the possibility of a real change.

It helps the pig has been golfing non stop. Everytime hes back in the public eye, his rating plummets like the value of his businesses
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #880 on: December 28, 2017, 02:09:19 PM »

It helps the pig has been golfing non stop. Everytime hes back in the public eye, his rating plummets like the value of his businesses

This is why I was skeptical of any claims about tax reform helping him (other than that the bill was really unpopular). Its passage coincided with a major holiday week and that alone would help Trump's approvals. It's been well-established that whenever Trump goes abroad or otherwise stops dominating the media, he usually sees a small bump in his approvals. And like clockwork, this comes to an end as soon as the focus is back on him.

At this time, his Gallup approval is nothing special. It's very much in line with his usual approvals.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #881 on: December 28, 2017, 02:12:25 PM »

I think Trump has hit bottom. If he gets Obamacare finally repealed/replaced and real spending cuts (not holding my breath there) done in the first half of 2018, prepare for 50-60% approval.

You sound very out of touch with the average american voter.

Cutting spending would hurt Trump's approvals. The average american loves tax cuts and loves government spending. How the hell would cutting spending make Trump's approvals go up. People (unfortunately) hardly care about the national debt.

Just look at how the Obamacare repeal went. At some point, the approval for that health care plan was 20% approval 60% disapproval.

LOL every red avatar in here was out of touch with the "average American voter" a year ago, predicting Hillary landslides.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #882 on: December 28, 2017, 02:13:52 PM »

I think Trump has hit bottom. If he gets Obamacare finally repealed/replaced and real spending cuts (not holding my breath there) done in the first half of 2018, prepare for 50-60% approval.

Cutting spending would hurt Trump's approvals. The average american loves tax cuts and loves government spending. How the hell would cutting spending make Trump's approvals go up. People (unfortunately) hardly care about the national debt.

Just look at how the Obamacare repeal went. At some point, the approval for that health care plan was 20% approval 60% disapproval.

LOL every red avatar in here was out of touch with the "average American voter" a year ago, predicting Hillary landslides.
I wasn't.
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #883 on: December 28, 2017, 02:18:30 PM »

Not holding your breath is a sound idea.  Neither of those has a chance of passing.

It also isn't in line with why people disapprove of Trump. It's not policy-related. On top of that, America isn't currently clamoring for cuts to social programs or crappier healthcare. Even if Trump's intense character deficits, perceived corruption and generally dishonest nature weren't turning so many people against him, I don't get why chronically unpopular policy proposals would suddenly right the ship.

I'm saying a middle 20% or so that don't hate him (or like/love him) will shift his way if those things get done, all just because he'll be "getting stuff done" and appear to be finally "draining the swamp". 

How would passing a historically unpopular healthcare bill improve his approval ratings by 20 points??

Ask Obama. Wink More the spending cuts and HOW healthcare is reformed too.  This really isn't a bold prediction.

You think Obama got a 20-point bump from passing ACA (or, well, ever?)  Go look at his Gallup approval history.

That was more of a joke, but as they say "the left has no sense of humor".
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #884 on: December 28, 2017, 02:20:49 PM »

I wasn't.

You weren't here. Or you were banned and this is an alt account:

Date Registered:   June 22, 2017, 01:21:18 pm
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #885 on: December 28, 2017, 02:21:31 PM »

In our defense, Hillary had consistent leads in every state poll before November. And as I've said before, the national polling average was more or less accurate. Eventually you guys are going to have to latch onto something else in order to try and discredit Trump's terrible poll numbers and the republican losses hes contributing to.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #886 on: December 28, 2017, 02:22:35 PM »

I wasn't.

You weren't here. Or you were banned and this is an alt account:

Date Registered:   June 22, 2017, 01:21:18 pm

You know, non-Atlas users can try to predict elections. Tongue
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #887 on: December 28, 2017, 02:23:51 PM »

LOL. She won by almost 3 million votes. No one including most blue avatars with a clue predicted Trump would somehow pull an inside straight in the Electoral College by carrying states that had consistently gone Democratic for over a quarter-century
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #888 on: December 28, 2017, 02:26:27 PM »

In our defense, Hillary had consistent leads in every state poll before November. And as I've said before, the national polling average was more or less accurate. Eventually you guys are going to have to latch onto something else to try and discredit his terrible poll numbers and the republican losses hes contributing to.

Not to mention that it's perfectly reasonable to predict a landslide after Trump experiences quite possibly the worst presidential year October in history, where he got hit with everything from a leaked audio of him boasting about sexual assault to reports of him violating the Cubo embargo. His poll numbers were going down and Clinton was getting high single digits - double digit polls for a couple weeks. The problem here was that Clinton kept having her own problems, which included non-stop Podesta leaks and the Comey letter(s).

Obviously there was no landslide but it's a bit unfair to act like that kind of prediction was downright laughable or delusional, given the circumstances.
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #889 on: December 28, 2017, 02:40:22 PM »

LOL. She won by almost 3 million votes. No one including most blue avatars with a clue predicted Trump would somehow pull an inside straight in the Electoral College by carrying states that had consistently gone Democratic for over a quarter-century

That's how the electoral college works, because we're a Republic. The people in Wyoming need as much say as Californians, otherwise it really is "tyranny of the majority".
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #890 on: December 28, 2017, 02:42:13 PM »

That's how the electoral college works, because we're a Republic. The people in Wyoming need as much say as Californians, otherwise it really is "tyranny of the majority".

Actually the people of Wyoming have 3.6 times more say than the people of California, so this has become the tyranny of the minority.
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #891 on: December 28, 2017, 02:46:56 PM »

In our defense, Hillary had consistent leads in every state poll before November. And as I've said before, the national polling average was more or less accurate. Eventually you guys are going to have to latch onto something else to try and discredit his terrible poll numbers and the republican losses hes contributing to.

Not to mention that it's perfectly reasonable to predict a landslide after Trump experiences quite possibly the worst presidential year October in history, where he got hit with everything from a leaked audio of him boasting about sexual assault to reports of him violating the Cubo embargo. His poll numbers were going down and Clinton was getting high single digits - double digit polls for a couple weeks. The problem here was that Clinton kept having her own problems, which included non-stop Podesta leaks and the Comey letter(s).

Obviously there was no landslide but it's a bit unfair to act like that kind of prediction was downright laughable or delusional, given the circumstances.

Yet, in the light of that major statistical failure - people are still relying here heavily on polls and statistics to try to predict everything.  It's like the chocolate milk from brown cows thing.  Do you think really Americans are that stupid, or are they just trolling the pollsters because they hate getting polled on everything or receiving calls during dinner?
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #892 on: December 28, 2017, 02:50:16 PM »

Actually the people of Wyoming have 3.6 times more say than the people of California, so this has become the tyranny of the minority.

Not when California has 67 people for every one in Wyoming.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #893 on: December 28, 2017, 02:51:09 PM »

Correct answer. The "Tyranny of the Majority" argument was bull$hit when some of our founders used it to limit the vote to the propertied (white and male being a given then), and is no less intellectually bankrupt or anti-democratic today.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #894 on: December 28, 2017, 03:09:23 PM »

Yet, in the light of that major statistical failure - people are still relying here heavily on polls and statistics to try to predict everything.  It's like the chocolate milk from brown cows thing.  Do you think really Americans are that stupid, or are they just trolling the pollsters because they hate getting polled on everything or receiving calls during dinner?

It wasn't a statistical failure. 538 gave Trump a 30% chance of winning, based on polls. It's not a failure if you predict that something has a 30% chance of happening, and then it happens. The polls never implied that Hillary couldn't lose, merely that it was unlikely. There's no reason not to continue using them for that same purpose.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #895 on: December 28, 2017, 03:12:32 PM »

Um, do you understand what I said or is it too much for you to process?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #896 on: December 28, 2017, 03:17:23 PM »

You are talking to someone who believes that people don't matter, only states and corporations matter.
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #897 on: December 28, 2017, 03:21:59 PM »

You are talking to someone who believes that people don't matter, only states and corporations matter.

No I believe individuals matter. The smallest minority.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #898 on: December 28, 2017, 03:26:52 PM »

In what sense do they have "as much" say? Wyoming has a lot fewer electoral votes. And per capita, Californians have less. What metric are you using that puts the people of Wyoming and California on an even footing?
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #899 on: December 28, 2017, 03:33:25 PM »

Yes, but it's supposed to be a balance.  The weight of a number of votes in heavily populated states vs people's wants getting ignored in sparsely populated ones.  If we were on pure vote count, why should people in Wyoming or Delaware or Rhode Island even bother voting in a national election? The electoral college isn't perfect and maybe we could tweak it some, but it's still better than just a raw count.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies