Politico: FBI, Homeland Security call Antifa "domestic terrorists"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 09:36:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Politico: FBI, Homeland Security call Antifa "domestic terrorists"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Politico: FBI, Homeland Security call Antifa "domestic terrorists"  (Read 5092 times)
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2017, 01:10:40 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
I don't know much spelling, but that doesn't look like it spells Antifa to me
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2017, 01:20:15 PM »

My state beat you guys to it.
Helsinkian
Finland

« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2017, 01:21:16 PM »

Neither does "By Any Means Necessary" but regardless BAMN is an organised Antifa group. Antifa is an umbrella term for anarchist/communist/anarcho-communist extremist movements.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2017, 01:26:35 PM »

Neither does "By Any Means Necessary" but regardless BAMN is an organised Antifa group. Antifa is an umbrella term for anarchist/communist/anarcho-communist extremist movements.
How is a decentralized American organization remotely related to a Greek group that's existed as a completely separate entity since its inception?
Helsinkian
Finland

« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2017, 01:30:40 PM »

Antifa sees itself as a global movement. They don't recognize the validity of national borders, as they advocate for a global revolution.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2017, 01:34:48 PM »

Antifa sees itself as a global movement. They don't recognize the validity of national borders, as they advocate for a global revolution.
Generalizing statement aside, this still doesn't show how they relate to this Greek group. Unless they endorsed this attack, you've pulled an unrelated incident that could be attributed to a group that may hold some of the same beliefs as Antifa as "proof" that Antifa has killed people. This is intellectual dishonesty to the extreme.

To flip the argument, it would be very dishonest of me to use Golden Dawn members killing Greeks to prove that the Alt-Right is a violent, terrorist group. There is no relation.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2017, 04:31:48 PM »

But not Neo-Nazis and the Alt-Right? Priorities...

Don't forget the KKK...
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2017, 09:15:25 PM »

Name one person killed by Ahmad Rahimi? This isn't the body count olympics.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2017, 06:18:03 AM »

nice rant  3.8 out of 5, would read again

but it's not a choice between the two.  It's totally cool to hate nazis AND antifa, in fact, every one should.  Especially liberals, as both groups are very illiberal.  I'm not saying they are the same, it doesn't matter.  They both stand for things that suck and they both are full of people that like to initiate violence.  If you initiate violence you should go to jail, no matter who you do violence to.  If you initiate violence repeatedly you should stay in jail.  I don't care what color your jacket is.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2017, 06:20:02 PM »
« Edited: September 04, 2017, 06:47:55 PM by NOVA Green »

nice rant  3.8 out of 5, would read again

but it's not a choice between the two.  It's totally cool to hate nazis AND antifa, in fact, every one should.  Especially liberals, as both groups are very illiberal.  I'm not saying they are the same, it doesn't matter.  They both stand for things that suck and they both are full of people that like to initiate violence.  If you initiate violence you should go to jail, no matter who you do violence to.  If you initiate violence repeatedly you should stay in jail.  I don't care what color your jacket is.

Whew--- for a moment I thought you were talking about me, and then realized it was my overactive imagination, from a thread that I read late last Night that caused me to get a bit upset....

Then I woke up from my dream and realized once again it was Col Sanchez riding his White Horse against....

@ Dead0man: More serious note... not sure if it's your writing style or if you accidentally deleted a quote on the bottom of your post, but you might want to take a look at that, so we can understand your meaning and thoughts on the subject, since honestly your post appeared a bit obscure and without context.

Appreciate you calling Sanchez out on this buddy and taking your turn at bat for the team...   Wink

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2017, 07:22:20 PM »

What happened to the two walls of text?  Was that a different thread?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2017, 07:43:27 PM »

How is Dead0man "calling me out" when he espouses the exact same position I have?
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2017, 07:53:26 PM »

What happened to the two walls of text?  Was that a different thread?

All the Eyes of Text-As are upon you.... Wink

Idk... there's this weird thing on Atlas where they reboot their servers somewhere between 10:30-11:30 PST and sometimes it randomly deletes things, even after one has spent a major amount of time with a few breaks while trying to post on the Forum, and next thing you know posts dissapear.

Although there is a whole entire thread on this Bermuda Triangle style phenomenon of Atlas, best not to worry too much about it I suspect, since it happens to the best and worst of us as a random freak weather event of nature.

IMHO the entire US-GEN DISCUSSION BOARD are the bottom feeding Catfish of Atlas, and if right now the wind is coming from Vichy we'll back that, and once the mercurial storms and tempests move on, we'll be dumping the Vichy water bottle in the trash bin of history, much the same as happened at the end of the movie Casablanca, as per my sig below.

So here's a brief clip from Casablanca starring Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman releases in 1940, only a year before the US enters the war against the Nazis and Fascists on the Western Front (Full disclosure---My Grandfather fought at the Battle of Bulge), and also against the quasi-Fascist Japanese Imperialism on the Eastern Front.

I assume as an educated individual of Middle Age you have likely watched Casablanca at least once or twice, so catch the reference.

I do own the extended box ray addition of Casablanca, and hopefully this brief clip will encourage some of you to buy what was a classic movie with Big League stars that helped frame the existential thread of this movement at a time where America was still suffering hard from the Great Depression, and there wasn't much appetite to wage yet another War to defend British and French Colonialism after all of the losses from WW I in the trenches of Western Europe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTsg9i6lvqU

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2017, 08:58:17 PM »

Greece has had issues with far left terrorists ever since the junta. They often engage in relatively minor attacks and use all sorts of cover names. Greece actually has more documented terrorist groups than any other country, although the majority of those just have one attack attributed to them, and believed to just be cover names for the same groups instead of separate ones. The "Fighting People's Revolutionary Powers" is likely just another cover name, not a branch of Greek antifa.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2017, 09:37:34 AM »

This is absurd. Why is there so much bias against radical leftists in our culture?
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2017, 07:27:07 PM »

Why is there so much bias against radical leftists in our culture?

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that radical leftist regimes killed millions of people, and the fact that one of said regimes posed an existential threat to America for decades.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2017, 07:31:40 PM »

This is absurd. Why is there so much bias against radical leftists in our culture?

Because of violent, anti-American thugs like Antifa?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2017, 07:45:37 PM »

Quite honestly, they bring it on themselves with this absurd, self-defeating behavior. Their actions will accomplish nothing, and probably serve more to hurt their cause than help. If they are going to continue using violence to push whatever agenda they have, then they fully deserve to be broken up by the authorities.
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2017, 08:41:20 PM »

Why is there so much bias against radical leftists in our culture?

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that radical leftist regimes killed millions of people, and the fact that one of said regimes posed an existential threat to America for decades.
I think most people are more repulsed by Hitleresque neo-Nazis than they are by commies.

inb4 "Hitler was a leftist!111" lmao
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2017, 07:22:47 AM »

Nazis are certainly more cartoonish in their evilness.  They certainly scare normals more when the press talk about them (hence the attention).  Nazis just make a better, more romantic villain.  Same with the Klan, to a lesser and more localized extent.  Commies make good villains too, they just score a 6.5 on the "evil" scale whereas Nazis are the only group that scores above a 9.

Tigger being a 1, Darth Vader is a 8.1, the Klan are a 7.9, the Night King is a 5.9 and Cora is a 3.2.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2017, 08:02:59 AM »

Golden Dawn -- Greek fascists who have even adopted the Horst-Wessel-Lied as a musical expression. Like other fascists they are a violent organization.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2017, 02:56:58 PM »

You seem to have few problems with the fact that far right groups with more organization then antifa that have killed quite a few people and are seeking to create a white only America aren't considered terrorists. Antifa is actually trying to protect people (albeit through sometimes misguided means). Hell, they saved the lives of a group of peaceful protesters from the right wing bastards at Charlottesville. Why should they respect American institutions when those things did nothing to stop the rise of people like trump?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2017, 04:05:25 PM »

You seem to have few problems with the fact that far right groups with more organization then antifa that have killed quite a few people and are seeking to create a white only America aren't considered terrorists.  Antifa is actually trying to protect people (albeit through sometimes misguided means). Hell, they saved the lives of a group of peaceful protesters from the right wing bastards at Charlottesville. Why should they respect American institutions when those things did nothing to stop the rise of people like trump?

Shockingly enough, it's actually possible to oppose both right-wing and left-wing political violence.  And I'm pretty sure groups like the Klan, most Neo-Nazi groups, etc were already considered domestic terrorist organizations and if not, then they absolutely should be.  That has nothing to do with Antifa though.  If a Democrat murders a Republican and a Republican murders a Democrat, both are still murderers as far as I'm concerned.  Same principle applies here.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2017, 04:13:03 PM »

A lot of Antifa aren't violent at all and only focus on doxing.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2017, 08:34:39 PM »

A lot of neo-Nazis have never punched a Jew and only focus on the cool uniforms.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies