ARPAIO PARDONED
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 05:53:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  ARPAIO PARDONED
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: ARPAIO PARDONED  (Read 7505 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2017, 10:06:01 PM »

Senator Sinema 😍😍
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2017, 10:11:02 PM »

Un-f***ing-believable. This man ran a de-facto concentration camp and illegally targeted Hispanic and Latino people and now he's getting away with it. Racist minds think alike.
Wakie77
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2017, 10:12:34 PM »

Dear Republicans, you are now OFFICIALLY the party of racism and bigotry.  Not only has your President publicly defended the KKK & Neo-Nazi's, but now he is pardoning old racists found guilty of racial profiling and contempt of court.  That is your party.

You have 4 choices now.

1) Accept that you support the party of racism.
2) Leave the Republican party to become a Democrat, Libertarian, or start another party.
3) Push for the impeachment and removal of DJT.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2017, 10:19:22 PM »

Dear Republicans, you are now OFFICIALLY the party of racism and bigotry.  Not only has your President publicly defended the KKK & Neo-Nazi's, but now he is pardoning old racists found guilty of racial profiling and contempt of court.  That is your party.

You have 4 choices now.

2) Leave the Republican party to become a Democrat, Libertarian, or start another party.

What's the 4th choice?
Trapsy

« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2017, 10:24:38 PM »

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/view/articles/2017-08-23/arpaio-pardon-would-show-contempt-for-constitution
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2017, 10:40:19 PM »

I said it before, but I would pay good money to go to his funeral.

As would I. I can't wait to celebrate such a beautiful, fulfilling and impactful life with speeches by all the people in some future government inspired by his example. It will be a great day to send him up.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2017, 10:42:29 PM »

Un-f***ing-believable. This man ran a de-facto concentration camp and illegally targeted Hispanic and Latino people and now he's getting away with it. Racist minds think alike.

Your political party and your party's President wrote and signed Executive Order 9066.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2017, 10:44:40 PM »

Your political party and your party's President wrote and signed Executive Order 9066.

You have to go back 70 years to attack democrats, sad.
Wakie77
« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2017, 10:44:57 PM »

You have 4 choices now.

What's the 4th choice?
That was a typo.  Was supposed to be 3.  I mean, I guess a 4th option would be to embrace child molesters like Denny Hastert or the people who protect child molesters like Joe Arpaio.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2017, 10:47:28 PM »

Joe Arpaio made women sleep in their own menstrual blood, failed to investigate sex crimes against Hispanic children as young as 2, served prisoners rotten food, and put mentally ill prisoners in sweat boxes. Anybody lauding this pardon is disgusting, but I forgot most of the Trump people on this board were "proud deplorables". You people make me sick.
adrac
adracman42

Political Matrix
E: -9.99, S: -9.99

« Reply #85 on: August 25, 2017, 10:58:52 PM »
« Edited: August 26, 2017, 09:05:54 AM by TexasGurl »

Joe Arpaio made women sleep in their own menstrual blood, failed to investigate sex crimes against Hispanic children as young as 2, served prisoners rotten food, and put mentally ill prisoners in sweat boxes. Anybody lauding this pardon is disgusting, but I forgot most of the Trump people on this board were "proud deplorables". You people make me sick.

Horrible Post.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2017, 11:03:09 PM »
« Edited: August 26, 2017, 09:06:05 AM by TexasGurl »

One day, when Whites are a minority or a plurality, there may be an abusive law enforcement officer committing the same vile acts as Arpaio, but to Whites instead. Nevertheless, people like us will stand up for you because we believe in the values of fair treatment and respecting basic human dignity.

Take this tidbit as a grain of wisdom that wishing for or rewarding such evil treatment on other people because of your political beliefs is never and will never be right. I truly do hope you recapacitate at some point.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #87 on: August 25, 2017, 11:12:18 PM »

It's a disgrace that this racist "Sheriff" got pardoned.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #88 on: August 25, 2017, 11:13:35 PM »

I have a feeling "triggering libtards" won't be worth it for these Trumpturds by 2018/2020, and perhaps even more permanently in places like Arizona and North Carolina.

To be fair, trigging liberals is the only thing the right has going for them.

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2017, 11:15:49 PM »

Once again, let's stress that point that Arpaio actually broke the law. The pardon is purely partisan.
adrac
adracman42

Political Matrix
E: -9.99, S: -9.99

« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2017, 11:48:31 PM »
« Edited: August 26, 2017, 09:16:28 AM by TexasGurl »

Pretty sure that's not what worth it means.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2017, 11:56:50 PM »

This post is bad and you should feel bad. That EO is nearly universally condemned and also anybody involved in the drafting or implementation of that policy has been dead for 20 years. Try harder.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2017, 12:10:33 AM »

I can't wait until tomorrow when Trump retweets Jared Fogle and we all forget about this.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2017, 12:16:22 AM »

Not following how this is going to make Arizona all of a sudden blue.. 95% of people won't care.  It's a local sheriff..

Arizona politics is Maricopa County and the rest of Arizona. Maricopa County contains more than half the population of the state.

Sheriff Arpaio lost his status as a folk hero when reports of prisoner treatment went from potentially-offensive (pink underwear for men) to dangerous for prisoners. Pink underwear for male prisoners is one thing; heatstroke is another.

Sure, if I were a prison official I might want to challenge the tough masculinity of male inmates by piping classical music into their cells... what the heck.  Making sissies out of violent toughs would be one way to reduce the crime rate.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2017, 02:32:50 AM »

I want to pull up every Republican post from the past 8 years saying something along the lines of "I hate how divisive Obama is, he's trying to split this nation apart".
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2017, 02:33:58 AM »

For what? Using his constitutional authority? You need to impeach and remove somebody for a reason besides disagreeing with somebody politically.

This is true.  The President has an absolute right to pardon anyone in a Fedreal case (except possibly himself, which is an unresolved legal question.)

However, the people also have a right: to remember the pardon, and to judge him for it.

Exactly.

POTUS can pardon anyone he wants and I have the right to judge him for it.

He pardoned a man who clearly violated the law and thought he was above it. And he only did so because he is a racist and agrees with him.

**** Donald Trump. I said it before, but I would pay good money to go to his funeral.
I completely agree that you can hold him accountable in November 2018/2020 but most people who get pardoned have broken the law or been found guilty by a court. Chelsea Manning and everybody else in the history of this nation have been convicted and "clearly violated the law", but I never saw you saying that Obama or Bush or Clinton should be impeached because they pardoned somebody. You just don't like the guy who he pardoned.

Chelsea Manning was never pardoned, child.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2017, 03:01:43 AM »

I want to pull up every Republican post from the past 8 years saying something along the lines of "I hate how divisive Obama is, he's trying to split this nation apart".

We both know it won't matter though. Republicans are far past the point of caring about their own hypocrisy. So long as they "trigger libtards" and feel they're winning, it doesn't matter how that's achieved.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2017, 05:15:49 AM »

We both know it won't matter though. Republicans are far past the point of caring about their own hypocrisy. So long as they "trigger libtards" and feel they're winning, it doesn't matter how that's achieved.

This "libtard" (I have problems, but mental retardation is far from being one of them as it could be) has sought to make conservative arguments against President Trump -- that his threats to rule of law. due process, checks and balances, and human rights are even more dangerous than any part of his economic or social agenda can be offensive to liberal sensibilities.

Liberty must be more important to anyone than one's social agenda. We can undo such affronts to liberalism as an abortion ban, a national right-to-work (for starvation pay) law, a shift in taxes, mandated teaching of young-earth creationism with the banning of the teaching of evolution, abolition of minimum wage laws, and ravaging of the environment through legislation undoing such nastiness. Tyranny, in contrast, never allows any legislation to undo itself. Tyranny falls when the system implodes (which took 74 years in the Soviet Union and seems to be taking at least as much time in China, Vietnam, and North Korea) or catastrophic defeat.  The Japanese (among the most likely and most dangerous enemies of a fascistic America) have their virtues, but you might not like their conformist society and alien ways... and if you have any criminal tendencies, you are going to dread their legal and penal system.  If you are a petty criminal (including drug use) in Japan, expect to be treated like a political offender in China -- with mind control. Enter their system of criminal justice as a car thief, and you will find heavy physical labor a desirable alternative to grand theft auto. 

Don't fool yourself. Tyranny in America would have far more resources in America -- computers, scientific techniques of torture, economic rewards to supporters and punishments to opponents, and media that already promote mindless obedience. I have called FoX News "GOP Pravda"... and should our system become a right-wing dictatorship I might want to learn a Slavic language if necessary in order to start over at an inconvenient age for doing so.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2017, 06:33:45 AM »

I'm always ready to believe Trump decided he'll just troll everybody until his term expires.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2017, 08:28:19 AM »

For what? Using his constitutional authority? You need to impeach and remove somebody for a reason besides disagreeing with somebody politically.

This is true.  The President has an absolute right to pardon anyone in a Fedreal case (except possibly himself, which is an unresolved legal question.)

However, the people also have a right: to remember the pardon, and to judge him for it.

Exactly.

POTUS can pardon anyone he wants and I have the right to judge him for it.

He pardoned a man who clearly violated the law and thought he was above it. And he only did so because he is a racist and agrees with him.

**** Donald Trump. I said it before, but I would pay good money to go to his funeral.
I completely agree that you can hold him accountable in November 2018/2020 but most people who get pardoned have broken the law or been found guilty by a court. Chelsea Manning and everybody else in the history of this nation have been convicted and "clearly violated the law", but I never saw you saying that Obama or Bush or Clinton should be impeached because they pardoned somebody. You just don't like the guy who he pardoned.

Chelsea Manning was never pardoned, child.

Because Obama was a coward who would not have done it if not for fear of the terrible precedent for whistleblowers that he didn't wish to continue under Trump. She should have been pardoned immediately.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies