Spark for Southern Chamber - We WON! Transition to come
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:54:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Spark for Southern Chamber - We WON! Transition to come
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16
Poll
Question: Should I remain in the race for Delegate?
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Spark for Southern Chamber - We WON! Transition to come  (Read 18697 times)
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: January 26, 2019, 11:19:59 PM »
« edited: February 24, 2019, 01:38:05 PM by Fmr. Deputy Speaker Spark »

Alaska’s Secessionist Movement

Official Statement on the Department of Internal Affair's Position on the Alaskan Secession Movement:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I would like to comment on the circumstances around Alaska at this time. The State Department made a statement condemning this action. I concur with that as FM Scott and Fremont have to do whatever means necessary to keep the region together. Alaska’s actions are not consistent with the Republic of Atlasia’s Constitution and its departure would mean a great detriment to the region and the nation at large. I urge Alaskans to settle their qualms and resolve them in a different manner while they have open transparency and cooperation with the Scott ministry.

Hope all will be resolved soon.

Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #276 on: February 24, 2019, 12:45:41 PM »
« Edited: February 24, 2019, 01:38:35 PM by Fmr. Deputy Speaker Spark »

Response to Perceptions

Hello my fellow Atlasians, I would like to offer another response to various allegations that many are presenting. I am in no way a carpetbagger and never intend to be. These attacks are being used to discredit my reputation and are character assassinations. It will take much more than that to bring down my candidacy and my will to fight for Atlasians in Fremont. We must focus on the issues at hand and make Fremont one of the most competitive regions for business, have environmental sustainability, and fair labor laws. I will do everything I can to fight for the average Atlasian in our region to have a better life.

However, to accomplish this I must fulfill my duty to be active. Around election time, I decided to run because my IRL commitments will start winding down and I will have more time to devote to Atlasia. If you decide to elect me you will not be disappointed since I’m committed to achieving results in our region.

If you have anything you’d like to know or for me to clarify further, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Thanks.

-Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #277 on: February 24, 2019, 01:09:02 PM »
« Edited: February 24, 2019, 01:42:03 PM by Fmr. Deputy Speaker Spark »

Principle over Party

I would like to make this clear I’ve always been a candidate and citizen who placed much emphasis on principles. Recently, I chose to abstain in this last presidential election. I publicly would like to congratulate President-elect TM and VP-elect Lumine on their victory. I completely support their incoming administration. I'd also like to wish much congratulations to Governor-elect YT in the South.

I forgot to mention that I endorse ASV for a seat in the Fremont Parliament as I believe he will be an effective advocate for Atlasians and accomplish very much.

I plan to make a statement regarding my tenure in the South so that we may move forward.

-Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #278 on: February 24, 2019, 01:56:45 PM »

Statement on YT & Ben Kenobi, Inactivity

I would like to apologize for censuring YT during my tenure in the Southern CoD and supporting Ben Kenobi who was out of line at the time.

I'd also like to accept responsibility for my inactivity during my second term in the Southern CoD and want to offer an apology to now President-elect TM about this. It was unacceptable to not have been as active as I should. I neglected the region and it was right to turn the power back over to the citizens. However, I promise to be better in the future and only run during a time when I can be active.

Consider giving me another chance to make things right and we can work together to achieve great things.

Thank you.

-Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #279 on: February 24, 2019, 02:02:25 PM »

Fremont Regional Parks Act

This legislation was remarkable and hopefully it can preserve our regional parks. Fremont must place much emphasis on protecting our lands and maintaining that its ecology is intact.

It's important that conservation remains our top priority.

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #280 on: February 24, 2019, 02:04:44 PM »

Spark, I appreciate what you’ve said and I cannot wait to see what you have coming up in Fremont. I look forward to seeing the good work you’ll do once you’re active enough!

YT, hopefully I can be more active soon and wishing you the best in the South. Keep its prosperity going.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #281 on: February 25, 2019, 12:04:27 PM »

As a former constituent of yours in the South, I accept your apology. I hope you don't have to end up making a similar to the people of Frémont!
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #282 on: February 25, 2019, 08:02:04 PM »

As a former constituent of yours in the South, I accept your apology. I hope you don't have to end up making a similar to the people of Frémont!

Thank you. I will try to be better.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #283 on: March 16, 2019, 03:05:23 PM »

Seattle, Washington

Criminal Justice Reform

My fellow Atlasians, I would to share a few thoughts about the current state of our criminal justice system. Many have been caught in possession of marijuana and are being accused of a crime. Due to this, the incarceration rate has exponentially increased and as a result, more prisons are being built. To counteract this, we must decriminalize marijuana and reduce these sentences. Instating mandatory parole for non-violent offenders would decrease the population of inmates in prison. This will drive the costs of prisons down, and Fremont can invest in sustainable energy or education instead. We should discourage the use of private prisons because they not only encourage greed for making a profit, but their purpose is not focused on correction of errant behaviors. 

I am also against using the death penalty as it does not serve as an effective deterrent for crime. Many offenders sit on death row for too long and this process can be expensive. We should disallow capital punishment and encourage rehabilitation.

We must focus on building a future for our children and encouraging sustainable energy instead of putting more people behind bars.

Thanks.

-Spark, Candidate for Fremont

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #284 on: March 16, 2019, 09:33:22 PM »

Changing political figurehead

Not sure which thread this was on, but I'm changing my political figure to Charlie Baker..
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #285 on: March 16, 2019, 09:37:11 PM »

It's this thread; https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=309448.0.

However TheSaint has already taken Charlie Baker so you'd probably be better off going with someone else.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #286 on: March 16, 2019, 09:42:26 PM »

It's this thread; https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=309448.0.

However TheSaint has already taken Charlie Baker so you'd probably be better off going with someone else.

Thanks. Alright, I'll go with Matt Bevin instead.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #287 on: March 16, 2019, 10:04:25 PM »

Change of Party Affiliation

My fellow Atlasians, I'd like to inform you that I will be changing my party affiliation to the Mortfortian Party in light of the changes happening around Atlasia. This is due to my changing political views and to help support a new and growing party. We have just witnessed the Lincoln region transform its governmental system from presidential to parliamentary. I believe that in order to compensate for a rapidly changing society, I must align myself with the new changes. While they may be gradual, they are necessary in order to promote more activity. It may be seen as ironic because I was an inactive member, but it's actually a commitment to doing better for the future and providing for the needs of Atlasians. If elected to the Parliament, I will be one of the few Atlasians that has served in all three legislatures of Atlasia. That truly would be a great honor, but I am committed to doing the necessary service to further the common good.

If you have any questions or concerns, please PM me.

Best,

Spark, candidate for MP
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #288 on: March 16, 2019, 10:35:04 PM »

Moving Regions - Again!

I'd like to announce that I plan to move back to my original region, Lincoln, in June. I will remain there for a significant period to assist and promote the new parliamentary system. If elected to Parliament in April, I will remain in Fremont and serve only one term.

I appreciate your understanding.

-Spark, candidate for MP
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #289 on: March 19, 2019, 06:15:24 PM »

I'm a fortune teller!

Lincoln had better watch its back...
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #290 on: April 06, 2019, 10:53:13 PM »

Running for House of Representatives

My fellow Atlasians, I feel it is time to bring change to Nyman. The Mortfortian Party is founded upon parliamentarism, and I wish to spread that sentiment as much as I can to encourage change to take place within our federal system.

I have demonstrated a willingness to serve and possess a background as a legislator. I am committed to being more active and serving in your best interest.

Please review my political positions and consider lending me your support in this upcoming election. There are many things to be accomplished in the near future.

We must position Atlasia for success, and I am the candidate to guide our country onto that path. I will be committed to working with colleagues in the House to achieve results and compromise when necessary.

Thank you for your consideration.

-Spark

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #291 on: April 06, 2019, 11:03:54 PM »

Good luck!
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #292 on: April 07, 2019, 12:51:06 AM »

Thank you Mr. President.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #293 on: April 12, 2019, 10:16:50 PM »

Endorsed!
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #294 on: April 13, 2019, 07:49:40 PM »

Endorsed!
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #295 on: April 18, 2019, 09:38:51 AM »

Thank you Ninja.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #296 on: April 18, 2019, 09:43:11 AM »

Elections this weekend!

Hello my fellow citizens, this weekend is very important for the course of our nation. If elected, it is my intention to work with the legislature in addressing priorities of the Atlasian people. I have had a previous record of legislative experience at the state level and believe this makes me qualified to serve in Nyman. I know that inactivity was an issue in the past, and I plan to be accountable to you on this issue. I will place your interests first above all else. I believe that principles should be paramount and compromise when necessary. Having gridlock in Nyman only detracts from the welfare of the people. I pledge to bridge any divides in the House and work with my colleagues to bring prosperity to Atlasia.

I am running under the Mortfortian Party, and I know that gradual changes need to be implemented to our system.

Please review my platform which I will be re-posting and if you have any questions, be sure to contact me.

I hope to earn your support.

Thank you.

-Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #297 on: April 18, 2019, 09:50:16 AM »
« Edited: April 18, 2019, 09:56:04 AM by Fmr. Deputy Speaker Spark »

Campaign Platform
Spark498 for Atlasian House of Representatives
Integrity. Transparency. Reform.

Parliamentarism

As a member of the Mortfortian Party, I believe it is important that the federal government gradually transition to a parliamentary government. As evidenced in Fremont and now in the Lincoln region, instituting this type of government improves participation and activity rates. If elected, I will strive to encourage those in Nyman to move towards this governmental structure and implement small changes to lead Atlasia to a permanent system.

Criminal Justice Reform

As a member of the Southern CoD, I sponsored bills to restructure sentences for sex offenders to allow judges to deviate from minimum sentences to keep our community safe. I also sponsored a bill to increase services for inmates. We not only have to keep people safe, but also help those who served their time and allow them transition back to our society so that we reduce rates of recidivism.

Environment & Conservation

Protection of natural resources is important!

We must do whatever means necessary to protect the environment and the natural habitats of endangered species of trees and animals. Biodiversity is incredibly important in an ecosystem and if we do not protect them, they will cease to exist. This means that our posterity will never have the chance to view the wonders that they bring to humanity. These species also contribute to our betterment and welfare by purifying the air and diversifying the food chain. We need to protect them. Federal lands need to be safeguarded and limited logging and drilling should be allowed.

We should focus on reducing carbon emissions and this is accomplished by eliminating deforestation and putting a cap on them. Increased CO2 in the atmosphere leads to the exacerbation of global warming and presents an existential crisis for our climate. Let's encourage renewable energy and grant subsidies to more wind farms and encourage development of electric cars instead of fuel-powered automobiles. We must also promote the bottle deposits to spread awareness of recycling and its importance.

Let's leave our planet to our children better than the way we found it!

Labor Laws

Many Atlasians desire a fair wage. Although I do not support an increase to $15 per hour for workers, I do want to support the use of unions and workers' collective bargaining rights. We must protect workers from being exploited by employers, especially immigrants. Those who have temporary work visas should not be working for less than a fair wage, I believe it would be our responsibility to intervene in these cases of economic exploitation. We must protect the right to assemble, strike, and demand better wages. Raising the minimum wage would do more harm in the long term by raising unemployment and costing jobs, we want to keep the economy strong.

Economy

In order to have an economy that promotes success, we should cut spending in particular areas that are unnecessary. This does not include essential services such as SS, healthcare, education, or infrastructure. However, military spending can be reduced if it contributes to a deficit. Marijuana must be decriminalized and used as a source of tax revenue like cigarettes. The artificial sanding of beaches can be eliminated to reduce spending and this disturbs its natural composition. We have to try and balance the budget in proportion to our tax revenues. Cutting taxes will make citizens have more disposable income to use and increase consumer confidence. The rich keep our economy going by investment and buying securities.

These are the main issues I'd focus on as a member of the House. However, my tenure would not just be limited to these three issues, but I do feel that they are paramount and the most pressing right now for me as a candidate. I also plan to address transportation issues and healthcare.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

(This platform has been reposted)
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #298 on: April 19, 2019, 01:20:17 PM »

Election Day

Please be sure to vote today if you are seeking much needed change to Nyman and our beloved Republic! Let's make our government work for us and improve activity levels.

Here is the link: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=318273.25

Thank you, and I hope to earn your support.

-Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #299 on: April 19, 2019, 01:36:20 PM »

Means very much YT.