The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 05:43:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 84
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 242130 times)
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1000 on: February 12, 2018, 03:22:41 PM »

If you are protesting and you block roads, you deserve to get run over.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1001 on: February 13, 2018, 01:59:42 AM »

Nice to see he's stopped pretending to be a Democrat, at least.
world.execute(me)
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1002 on: February 13, 2018, 09:15:56 AM »

I'm not a fan of the anti-frat rhetoric that is popping up these days, but I agree this is disgusting, but for a slightly different reason.  Sex cannot be meaningless.  The acceptance of casual sex has led to so many other problems in society (including the rise of sexual assaults, which come from a gray area in the world of one-night stands).

So you think sex should be meaningless and casual but also people should be extremely cautious about touching each other?   Good grief.
Consent being very important and casual sex being okay are not mutually exclusive.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1003 on: February 13, 2018, 04:42:26 PM »

For your interest, I support the Assad government because I believe their the lesser of two evils. The Syrian Rebels are a bunch of Whabbi extremists, and if they overthrow Assad they'll kill every Christian and Shiite Muslim in Syria. It's a shame that America and Israel are backing Sunni Terrorist over a Secular, Democraticly-elected government (Syria had a multi-party Election in 2014 that Assad won with almost 90% of the vote). If I was President I'd pull all US troops out of the Middle East (and East Asia and Europe), and start spending that money on helping our Nations poor, instead of dropping bombs on Third-world countries where we aren't even on the right side of the conflict.

Does this fit here, or should it be in Atlas hilarity because it's hilarious?
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1004 on: February 13, 2018, 04:47:09 PM »

For your interest, I support the Assad government because I believe their the lesser of two evils. The Syrian Rebels are a bunch of Whabbi extremists, and if they overthrow Assad they'll kill every Christian and Shiite Muslim in Syria. It's a shame that America and Israel are backing Sunni Terrorist over a Secular, Democraticly-elected government (Syria had a multi-party Election in 2014 that Assad won with almost 90% of the vote). If I was President I'd pull all US troops out of the Middle East (and East Asia and Europe), and start spending that money on helping our Nations poor, instead of dropping bombs on Third-world countries where we aren't even on the right side of the conflict.

Does this fit here, or should it be in Atlas hilarity because it's hilarious?

All of the above.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1005 on: February 13, 2018, 09:41:08 PM »

Religion is a positive influence on society SmileySmileySmiley
I know a lot of people do actually have a sense of morality that is informed by religion, so in that case it could have some positive impact.
No religious person has ever done a good deed that an atheist couldn't also have done. However, a lot of religious people do horrible things that an atheist obviously would not do. Religion is a cancer on society in nearly all cases.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1006 on: February 13, 2018, 11:05:14 PM »

I know a lot of people do actually have a sense of morality that is informed by religion, so in that case it could have some positive impact.
No religious person has ever done a good deed that an atheist couldn't also have done. However, a lot of religious people do horrible things that an atheist obviously would not do. Religion is a cancer on society in nearly all cases.
Take out the part about religion being a cancer on society and my comment is objectively true. you never see atheists murdering LGBT people or committing suicide attacks. sure faith might lead some people to do decent things, but that doesn't balance out all the atrocious things that religion has lead people to do, especially when an atheist like me could do any good deed a Christian could do without the scientifically inaccurate and borderline stone age beliefs.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1007 on: February 13, 2018, 11:42:32 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2018, 11:47:17 PM by peenie_weenie »

Take out the part about religion being a cancer on society and my comment is objectively true. you never see atheists murdering LGBT people or committing suicide attacks. sure faith might lead some people to do decent things, but that doesn't balance out all the atrocious things that religion has lead people to do, especially when an atheist like me could do any good deed a Christian could do without the scientifically inaccurate and borderline stone age beliefs.

Despite reaching publicunofficial-level edgelordiness, calling religion a cancer was the least terrible part of your post. Many Christians (and people of faith in general) are motivated to act in charity and kidness towards other people, and yes, that includes people that they have differences with. In many places (especially in small towns with fewer official government services present) the church is a hub for charitable giving, setting people in need up with resources and human services they need, and integrating new people into a pre-existing social network. In many places disaster relief begins (and ends) with relief efforts organized in and around churches, as do several other services that exist to help people who are homeless, hungry, or mentally ill. Furthermore, it's pretty asinine to assert that there is nothing a person in a Church can do that you can't do. Churches have far more leverage, social capital and connectedness for addressing and implementing social change than you could ever dream of. Tell me the next time you help a homeless person get a job or apply for public housing; it'll probably take you several days to do that, while my best friend from high school did that full time for his job and served six to seven people per day. He worked for the Catholic Church.

I'm a huge athiest by the way.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1008 on: February 14, 2018, 12:04:04 AM »
« Edited: February 14, 2018, 12:05:39 AM by Party Like It's 2006 »

Edit: See I was beaten to it.
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #1009 on: February 14, 2018, 12:46:59 AM »

Two completely unrelated posts

I don't see any reason he'd fall below 90%. He'd be able to sell himself effectively and doesn't seem to have any skeletons in his closet like the "superpredators" quote that hurt Clinton. Wouldn't drive turnout, though.
Super predators may have kept a couple people home in some key states but she basically did what any white Democrat would do with black voters. The 59% turnout of AA nationally was better than all non-Obama Democrats.

Cuban has no ties to the black community, and I don't see why he'd win the Democratic nomination anyway. I could see quite a few black men voting Trump + low propensity black Democrats turnout dropping even further with another 4 years of Obama in the rear view which could drive it down to 83-85ish.

He is the owner of the Dallas Mavericks, a NBA team, which employs majority black players. I don't know if that is enough for Cuban to win.

Bad optics but the ruling of the presiding officer was exactly correct.  Doesn't matter if it's the state house, a school board meeting, or whatever, her actions were not procedurally proper.

Agreed.
Context: A self-identifying liberal Democrat looking at a relatively composed woman revealing the corporate corruption of her state legislature, who's first thought is "welp, she didn't follow procedure! /shrug"
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1010 on: February 14, 2018, 12:52:47 AM »

Two completely unrelated posts

I don't see any reason he'd fall below 90%. He'd be able to sell himself effectively and doesn't seem to have any skeletons in his closet like the "superpredators" quote that hurt Clinton. Wouldn't drive turnout, though.
Super predators may have kept a couple people home in some key states but she basically did what any white Democrat would do with black voters. The 59% turnout of AA nationally was better than all non-Obama Democrats.

Cuban has no ties to the black community, and I don't see why he'd win the Democratic nomination anyway. I could see quite a few black men voting Trump + low propensity black Democrats turnout dropping even further with another 4 years of Obama in the rear view which could drive it down to 83-85ish.

He is the owner of the Dallas Mavericks, a NBA team, which employs majority black players. I don't know if that is enough for Cuban to win.

Bad optics but the ruling of the presiding officer was exactly correct.  Doesn't matter if it's the state house, a school board meeting, or whatever, her actions were not procedurally proper.

Agreed.
Context: A self-identifying liberal Democrat looking at a relatively composed woman revealing the corporate corruption of her state legislature, who's first thought is "welp, she didn't follow procedure! /shrug"

I'm not so sure about the second. Here's how I see it:

1. Was it ok for the presiding officer to have her removed? Yes, she was vioalting procedure.

2. Should we cheer her on? HELL YES.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1011 on: February 14, 2018, 01:04:28 AM »

I would say atheists probably frequently kill LGBT people in this country. Specifically for that. Toxic masculinity and all that heathen trash. Those go together like two people of the same ethnicity.

You of course can do no good in this world.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1012 on: February 15, 2018, 09:23:22 PM »

We should repeal the 2nd Amendment, seize everyone's guns and do what Australia did. Ordinary people do not need guns.

If they refuse to give up their guns and pose a threat to the army/police they should be labeled as traitors to America and charged with treason, and if they fire their weapons, then all means necessary should be used to stop them.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1013 on: February 15, 2018, 09:57:42 PM »

We should repeal the 2nd Amendment, seize everyone's guns and do what Australia did. Ordinary people do not need guns.

If they refuse to give up their guns and pose a threat to the army/police they should be labeled as traitors to America and charged with treason, and if they fire their weapons, then all means necessary should be used to stop them.

I strongly stand by my comments.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1014 on: February 15, 2018, 10:13:17 PM »

In that case, I strongly stand against your candidacy for our legislature.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1015 on: February 15, 2018, 10:21:37 PM »

Ok cool, I didn't want your silly support anyways, you're not even in my district, I'd rather have nice people supporting me than a deplorable.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1016 on: February 15, 2018, 10:33:10 PM »

Ok cool, I didn't want your silly support anyways, you're not even in my district, I'd rather have nice people supporting me than a deplorable.

Most people generally prefer that their elected officials actually respect constitutional rights
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1017 on: February 15, 2018, 10:36:02 PM »

Most people generally prefer that their elected officials actually respect constitutional rights

I do not consider gun rights as a constitutional right no matter what the ancient document says
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1018 on: February 15, 2018, 10:42:40 PM »

I do not consider gun rights as a constitutional right no matter what the ancient document says

Then you don't know what Constitutional rights are, LOL.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1019 on: February 15, 2018, 10:44:03 PM »

I'm fully aware of what they are and I'd fight like hell to get rid of it.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1020 on: February 16, 2018, 12:16:25 PM »

If there's been a shift in any direction over the last couple of years, it's been in favor of less gun control since now radical leftists kids want minorities to have more guns and see gun control as racist.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1021 on: February 16, 2018, 12:45:17 PM »

You’re a fry cook at a Chinese restaurant. You’re not gonna have anyone supporting you period.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1022 on: February 16, 2018, 02:01:05 PM »

I'm fully aware of what they are and I'd fight like hell to get rid of it.

It Requires 2/3 of both Houses of Congress for a change in the constitution to even be proposed and then 3/4 of the states to ratify it(Even if you get 2/3 of both houses , it will be impossible to get 3/4 of the states)
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1023 on: February 16, 2018, 03:26:05 PM »

If there's been a shift in any direction over the last couple of years, it's been in favor of less gun control since now radical leftists kids want minorities to have more guns and see gun control as racist.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1024 on: February 16, 2018, 05:27:41 PM »

You’re a fry cook at a Chinese restaurant. You’re not gonna have anyone supporting you period.

Lol you don't even know what I do how sad.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 84  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies