The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 06:12:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 84
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 239639 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: October 26, 2017, 05:25:09 PM »

The type of voter who is turning out for a Republican in an Alabama special election probably supports the Dred Scott ruling anyway.

What's so inaccurate about this

The absurd hyperbole?

Let's not get too carried away here. A small dash of hyperbole does not equal excessive hyperbole. Wink
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #376 on: October 26, 2017, 07:52:23 PM »

The difference is that California has the resources to do better, but it doesn't. In some ways the state has regressed more than 100 years. I mean, This was almost as bad as the Triangle Shirtwaist factory fire, even though it didn't get much attention at the time.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #377 on: October 26, 2017, 08:22:02 PM »

I'm an actual conservative, and I have no problem with that post.

You may be an actual conservative, but you are not an EXTREME conservative.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #378 on: October 28, 2017, 01:27:56 AM »

Congress should enact the Catalonian Relations Act that commits us to sell weapons to the Catalonians so they can provide for their defense.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #379 on: October 28, 2017, 11:20:07 PM »

This has been known for a while. The Greens/progressive hard-left has a very weird symbiotic relationship with propaganda networks. The two candidates RT played up the hardest last year were Trump and Sanders. Once Sanders was out, it switched the narrative to "Sanders got screwed by the DNC, and Stein is the best alternative," while constantly pouring out admiration for how much Trump was revolutionizing American politics and was going to drain the swamp.

Its interesting, though, because if you watch Democracy Now, Al-Jazeera America (RIP), or RT, the average America-based news piece is actually pretty similar to the point that it would be hard to tell the networks apart without context or a bit of extra knowledge. They love to focus on social issues like homelessness and racism, American warmongering, corruption in the US government, particularly among those that claim to care about the aforementioned social issues and warmongering (i.e. Democrats) and all tend to harken back to the days of the stoic newsreader, giving you the "truth" without all of the bells and whistles of cable news.

Personally, even though I don't really like their politics, I would watch any of those three networks before I'd watch Fox News, and I think that's really how they like to play their game. They're not spouting vitriol about one side or the other, just casually slipping it in here and there as it suits their fancy.

RT is a reasonable source of news that doesn't have anything to do with Russia just like Al-Jazeera is a reasoanble source of news that doesn't have anything to do with Qatar.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #380 on: October 29, 2017, 02:13:06 AM »

Congress should enact the Catalonian Relations Act that commits us to sell weapons to the Catalonians so they can provide for their defense.

While Beet's riff on the Taiwan Relations Act is absurd, I don't think his failed attempt at humor that likely went over the heads of most people here is absurd enuf to be placed here.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #381 on: October 29, 2017, 05:15:44 PM »

bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #382 on: October 29, 2017, 06:33:33 PM »

wtf does that even mean?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #383 on: October 29, 2017, 06:43:25 PM »

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Aunt%20Tammy

He's calling her an Aunt Tammy for being a black woman who likes Republicans.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #384 on: October 29, 2017, 06:46:54 PM »

Bagel23's bigotry strikes again.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #385 on: October 30, 2017, 01:26:54 AM »

Before your time, I think, Ben Carson was called an Uncle Tom by several of our most prominent leftists - many of whom would assert that racism is inherently antithetical to liberalism/leftism.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #386 on: October 30, 2017, 01:42:55 AM »

Before your time, I think, Ben Carson was called an Uncle Tom by several of our most prominent leftists - many of whom would assert that racism is inherently antithetical to liberalism/leftism.

I don't approve of that either, but I'd say it's much worse to say such things directly to fellow posters on this forum than it is to say it about a public figure who is almost certainly never going to actually read what you wrote about him.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #387 on: October 30, 2017, 02:00:03 AM »

Aunt Tammy's Hut was one of the most forgettable sequels of all time.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #388 on: October 30, 2017, 10:14:38 AM »

-Not being satisfied with the direction of the GOP over the last year or two AND also not wanting a Kasich-mold party (I want a Cruz/Bevin/Rubio/Walker/Pence-type party).

-The only conspiracy theory I have ever been willing to even consider is the Seth Rich one.  All others are ridiculously stupid.

-Life comes before anything else.  As I have said numerous times, apart from violence, the ends of ending abortion justify the means entirely.

-I believe that marriage is between a man and a woman.

-Marijuana should remain illegal.

-I waffle on the merits of reinstating alcohol prohibition.  I lean towards saying that it would do more harm than good, but drinking should be strongly frowned on by society (and be something that no one would admit to doing in public).

-If alcohol were to disappear, the majority of crime would instantly disappear as well- especially sex crime, which would be virtually eradicated.

-We should repeal the 16th Amendment.  I would replace all taxes with a very low rate consumption tax.

-Social Security, Medicare, Medicade, and all entitlement programs should be gradually phased out.  They are the type of thing that there would be no need for if they didn't exist because people would get themselves out of poverty.

-There should be no minimum wage or licensing requirements at all.  They just harm business.

-People arguing against free trade and immigration are afraid of the free market.  I do support a strong border, but it should be significantly easier to come here legally.

-We need to stop talking about race- it's the only way for the last traces of racism to disappear.

-There is no such thing as "separation of church and state" in the Constitution.  It just means that you can't be forced to follow any religion, but all of our elected officials should act in accordance with their faith- and religious beliefs are a good enough justification for any political stance.

-I also support a PSA campaign to discourage secularism.  It wouldn't be targeted at what religion you follow, as long as it is one that encourages traditional family values.  Secularism is a far greater threat to our society than Islam is.  Society should go back to looking at someone funny if they aren't going to church/another religious service on a Sunday morning.

-Transgenderism isn't real, and there are two genders.  Gender and sex are the same thing, and "gender identity" is completely made up.  I go back and forth on whether or not sex changes should be illegal.  The more pressing problem is that scientists are not looking for a cure to gender dysphoria (and homosexuality, for that matter) out of fear for left-wing PC activists.

-Planned Parenthood is the most racist organization with any influence in society today.

-The left wants to divide us up into "identities" for political goals.  They figure if they can get enough "identities"/demographics to feel like they need protection (and that Democrats are the only ones who can protect them), they can win elections.

-I am completely bored by any talk of Russia and just want it to go away, whatever the outcome is.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #389 on: October 30, 2017, 10:39:18 PM »

AtorBoltox

« Reply #390 on: October 31, 2017, 11:49:29 PM »

1. Collusion is not a federal crime.

''Collusion, even if it were to be established, isn’t a crime. You have to find something that actually violates the federal criminal statutes. I don’t think they’re even close to that.” - liberal Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz in a recent appearance on Fox News

2. History is full of examples of people colluding with foreign powers to defeat domestic opposition. The idea that it is unpatriotic to get another country to help you defeat people you consider damaging to the country is certainly a strange one, especially in a country that only exists because a bunch of rebels got France and Spain to help them drive out the forces of the country that established the colonies from which it was formed. If Hillary had enlisted a foreign power to help her win, I would have at least understood the motivation behind it; and I would have considered her an enemy of the nation because of her ideology (as I do now), not because another country helped her.

I say all of this as someone who supported a right-wing third-party candidate last year and didn't vote for Trump, but now supports him and wants the forces opposing him (i.e. the coalition of liberals, leftists and globalist ''conservatives'') to lose.

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #391 on: November 01, 2017, 08:13:28 AM »

Drunken groping with a twelve year difference? Or repeated, planned sexual affairs with an aide and a twenty-eight year difference?

There's a difference, both criminally and morally, between committing a crime in your own house drunk and committing it in your house sober. I'm inclined to believe both the accuser and accused, and I would be surprised if Spacey had remembered it in the morning after.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #392 on: November 01, 2017, 11:50:36 AM »

“This glib proposal to outlaw the Communist Party would be quickly recognized everywhere as an abject surrender by the great United States to the methods of totalitarianism." - Thomas Dewey

When we talk about free speech, I want everyone to understand this: free speech for all mankind, respect freely given where it is not deserved, this is a truly radical idea.

Implying that communism is morally eauivalent to neo-nazism.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #393 on: November 01, 2017, 04:37:33 PM »

“This glib proposal to outlaw the Communist Party would be quickly recognized everywhere as an abject surrender by the great United States to the methods of totalitarianism." - Thomas Dewey

When we talk about free speech, I want everyone to understand this: free speech for all mankind, respect freely given where it is not deserved, this is a truly radical idea.

Implying that communism is morally eauivalent to neo-nazism.

Totalitarian communism is a genocidal philosophy. The original post was great - the government should have no role in the United States in outlawing political philosophies, no matter how repugnant.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #394 on: November 01, 2017, 09:02:56 PM »

If anyone wants to know why some people are so sensitive about cultural appropriation in the first place, here's a fun article:

Controversial Sushi Chef Out Amid More Racism Allegations

You must be logged in to read this quote.

How is that comparable to little girls wearing a Moana costume?

IDK, but examples like these are why we can't have nice things.

So apparently little girls wearing non-white Disney princesses Halloween costumes caused this guy to be racist, or something.
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #395 on: November 01, 2017, 09:59:01 PM »

If anyone wants to know why some people are so sensitive about cultural appropriation in the first place, here's a fun article:

So apparently little girls wearing non-white Disney princesses Halloween costumes caused this guy to be racist, or something.

I mean, you apparently completely misunderstood the point I was making, but I'm still honored by the fact that you put my posts in the Landfill.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #396 on: November 01, 2017, 11:53:04 PM »

This is for absurd and ignorant posts, not some petty side sh*t you disagree with.

It's absurd and ignorant for how much of a non-sequitur it is.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #397 on: November 02, 2017, 08:51:02 AM »

^Thanks for ruining what was a good thread, guys.

Mods: CAN WE CALL FOR A TOTAL AND COMPLETE SHUTDOWN OF ALL THE IRRELEVANT RESPONSES IN THIS THREAD FROM THE LAST PAGE UNTIL WE CAN FIGURE OUT WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

This thread is in the reap what you sow category, aka a toxic waste dump. Remediation would be futile.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #398 on: November 02, 2017, 08:55:46 PM »

There's plenty of double standards that favor women. Just think about it. If you look closely, a men's rights movement is needed more.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #399 on: November 02, 2017, 10:04:50 PM »
« Edited: November 02, 2017, 10:06:51 PM by We Have A Pope »

I feel for the victims but they could’ve at least waited until after season 6.

There's plenty of double standards that favor women. Just think about it. If you look closely, a men's rights movement is needed more.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 84  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies