MO-Sen, CFG (R): Hawley in the lead (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:22:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  MO-Sen, CFG (R): Hawley in the lead (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MO-Sen, CFG (R): Hawley in the lead  (Read 2911 times)
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« on: July 14, 2017, 12:49:09 PM »
« edited: July 14, 2017, 12:51:28 PM by superbudgie1582 »

Looks legitimate, though maybe a bit Democratic-friendly (the Remington poll was more believable IMO). 42% for a well-known two-term Democratic incumbent who won her previous reelection in a landslide and who is running in an unpopular GOP president's midterm is pretty awful, as is her favorability rating. But obviously not a surprise.

A "club for growth" poll looks Dem friendly? Im not gonna unskew but the two polls we've gotten out of MO have been from conservative firms. Your getting too excited about a potential McCaskill loss.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 02:06:12 PM »

Looks legitimate, though maybe a bit Democratic-friendly (the Remington poll was more believable IMO). 42% for a well-known two-term Democratic incumbent who won her previous reelection in a landslide and who is running in an unpopular GOP president's midterm is pretty awful, as is her favorability rating. But obviously not a surprise.

A "club for growth" poll looks Dem friendly? Im not gonna unskew but the two polls we've gotten out of MO have been from conservative firms. Your getting too excited about a potential McCaskill loss.

Yeah, we've heard it before...

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=250381.0
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=250383.0

Yes Remington is Republican, just like PPP is Democratic, but that does not mean there are methodological problems with their research. If any of you can point out Remington did anything wrong in conducting this poll I'll be the first to say you're right, but this does not seem like a particularly strange result at all.

But keep underestimating McCaskill's vulnerability to your heart's content.

You completely missed my point. Regardless of how accurate they were last year, I would like to see polling from a non partisan firm. And it seems you've already decided McCaskill's fate by two polls a year out. I assure you, we will see polls with McCaskill ahead, and I'm sure your going to call them junk.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 02:41:11 PM »

^Yeah, I'm sure you'll consider some random PPP for Moveon.org poll more credible and less "partisan" than Missouri-based Remington, but to each their own I suppose. Ignore.

Anyway, people are certainly entitled to their own opinion, and my view is that McCaskill is incredibly overrated, much more so than any other Democrat running. I'll stick with my "Likely R" rating for now - it's not Safe R because the Missouri GOP is such a joke and Trump is president. If Hawley declines to run, I'll probably move it to Lean R. If you people are right and she wins, I'll admit that I was wrong and move on.

You put me on ignore for that? Lol.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies