Canada apologizes and gives 10 million to someone who killed an American solider
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:24:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Canada apologizes and gives 10 million to someone who killed an American solider
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Canada apologizes and gives 10 million to someone who killed an American solider  (Read 5281 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2017, 07:17:35 PM »

I note that the OP has done his normal thing of ignoring awkward points that he can't address.

So I'll ask more directly: should America have arrested people who directly funded the IRA for Treason?  Or indeed; those who gave weapons and support for the Mujahideen in the eighties?

He will answer no to the IRA question.
Why ? Because they had light colored skin.

Wrong on both points (I'm an an Indian - American )
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2017, 07:18:16 PM »

I note that the OP has done his normal thing of ignoring awkward points that he can't address.

So I'll ask more directly: should America have arrested people who directly funded the IRA for Treason?  Or indeed; those who gave weapons and support for the Mujahideen in the eighties?

If they tried to make war on the UK yes they should have .

For the mujaheddin absolutely not since the Soviet Union was the bigger threat to the world at the time and they invaded Afghanistan with 0 justification and even less then the us invasion of Iraq .

That's the entire friggin point of the IRA, genius. Roll Eyes

Ok then yes people who joined them (even if they were Americans ) should have been arrested for treason
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2017, 07:24:02 PM »

Need I say more chaps, need I say more.  This shows how much this guy knows about the world outside his little Oregon bubble
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2017, 07:27:07 PM »

On that point, the choice was between giving him 10 millions or being condemned by a court (after even more lawyers fees) to pay him a larger amount + lawyer fees. Enough money has been lost on a lawsuit the government would have lost.

The former choice is the best use of the government money.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2017, 07:31:02 PM »

For the mujaheddin absolutely not since the Soviet Union was the bigger threat to the world at the time and they invaded Afghanistan with 0 justification and even less then the us invasion of Iraq .

That's the entire friggin point of the IRA, genius. Roll Eyes

Ok then yes people who joined them (even if they were Americans ) should have been arrested for treason

And yet.....
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2017, 11:54:37 AM »
« Edited: July 08, 2017, 01:09:14 PM by TexasGurl »

which means he is a terrorist and is evil .

Just dismissing people as "evil"  is  deplorable. People who've actually had to go through shit (eg, because of your scummy reaganite black-and-white absurdly narrow-minded worldview destroying their home) tend to be a lot more morally grey then you seem to think. People are complicated, and committing mass murder against young men caught up in a dangerous ideology that rose in response to your own intervention from your comfortable perch on top of the world because oil COMMUNISM is disgusting. You people are always so unbearably simple. Grow up. Learn to see the world with more complexity then the average five year old.

I don't care one freakin bit what Omar reasons were for doing it or why he became one , all I know is he is a terrorist and deserves the punishment they get .

And no you are deplorable if you think terrorists don't deserve to die or be in prison for the rest of their life .

--->The point --->
Your head

You are a horrible person. You can't seem to see anything outside of your narrow bullshit worldview, you have no empathy. These people are doing this because America and the west destroyed their governments, installed horrific dictatorships, did so much meddling for its own selfish needs, and gave zero about what happened to the people there. These countries are stuck in a rut and for many young men there right wing terrorist ideologies give them a purpose, somewhere to go, a reason to exist, to matter. Its similar with gangs.

Wow I don't have empathy for people who joined the tailban/al queda , that's such  a bad thing  . Hell no I don't have any empathy for these people and no one should . People who join ISIS , Al Queda , and the Tailban all deserve to die .Also  Omar was living in Canada and after 9/11 he decided to join the Tailban so that makes him nothing but a scumbag who likely approved of those attacks which by definition makes him EVIL.

Why don't you leftist get that  it was the SOVIET UNION who destabilized Afghanistan not America cause if they NEVER invaded Afghanistan there never would have been a civil war .The  Middle East has always been a place run by dictators or empires so stop blaming America for that .

Again, you missed the  point entirely. Get out of your bubble or stop trying to  with the world outside of it.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2017, 12:21:23 PM »
« Edited: July 08, 2017, 01:21:56 PM by TexasGurl »

which means he is a terrorist and is evil .

Just dismissing people as "evil"  is deplorable. People who've actually had to go through shit (eg, because of your scummy reaganite black-and-white absurdly narrow-minded worldview destroying their home) tend to be a lot more morally grey then you seem to think. People are complicated, and committing mass murder against young men caught up in a dangerous ideology that rose in response to your own intervention from your comfortable perch on top of the world because oil COMMUNISM is disgusting. You people are always so unbearably simple. Grow up. Learn to see the world with more complexity then the average five year old.

I don't care one freakin bit what Omar reasons were for doing it or why he became one , all I know is he is a terrorist and deserves the punishment they get .

And no you are deplorable if you think terrorists don't deserve to die or be in prison for the rest of their life .

--->The point --->
Your head

You are a horrible person. You can't seem to see anything outside of your narrow bullshit worldview, you have no empathy. These people are doing this because America and the west destroyed their governments, installed horrific dictatorships, did so much meddling for its own selfish needs, and gave zero about what happened to the people there. These countries are stuck in a rut and for many young men there right wing terrorist ideologies give them a purpose, somewhere to go, a reason to exist, to matter. Its similar with gangs.

Wow I don't have empathy for people who joined the tailban/al queda , that's such  a bad thing  . Hell no I don't have any empathy for these people and no one should . People who join ISIS , Al Queda , and the Tailban all deserve to die .Also  Omar was living in Canada and after 9/11 he decided to join the Tailban so that makes him nothing but a scumbag who likely approved of those attacks which by definition makes him EVIL.

Why don't you leftist get that  it was the SOVIET UNION who destabilized Afghanistan not America cause if they NEVER invaded Afghanistan there never would have been a civil war .The  Middle East has always been a place run by dictators or empires so stop blaming America for that .

Again, you missed the point entirely. Get out of your bubble or stop trying to with the world outside of it.

no I rebutted all your idiotic (or anti American) points and you cant respond except by trying to attack me.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2017, 12:23:47 PM »

Jesus, HE WAS FIFTEEN YEARS OLD. He was brainwashed by his father, his confessions were extracted under torture, and he was never tried as a child as he should have been. He doesn't deserve life in prison.
Even members of the Waffen-SS didn't get a life sentence. Only Rüdolf Hess did, and only the very top leaders were executed. (The SS was considered a criminal organization.) Detaining every single member of such an organization for life is impossible.

That was a mistake,as all of them should have gotten the death penalty.

Oh I bet Americans or Canadians who joined the Nazi Army got sentenced to life in prison or death.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2017, 04:44:45 PM »

The (small) number of British SS members (almost all from the Channel Islands due to the German occupation) got treated exactly the same as all POWs were at the time - as probably should have been the case.

There's also the fact that your ignoring: that treason is rebellion against your own state: so you can't commit treason against another country.  Like I can't commit treason against America or Belgium or whoever since those are not my country.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2017, 09:45:00 PM »

Jesus, HE WAS FIFTEEN YEARS OLD. He was brainwashed by his father, his confessions were extracted under torture, and he was never tried as a child as he should have been. He doesn't deserve life in prison.
Even members of the Waffen-SS didn't get a life sentence. Only Rüdolf Hess did, and only the very top leaders were executed. (The SS was considered a criminal organization.) Detaining every single member of such an organization for life is impossible.

That was a mistake,as all of them should have gotten the death penalty.

Oh I bet Americans or Canadians who joined the Nazi Army got sentenced to life in prison or death.

Hey dude google Operation Paperclip.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2017, 02:10:00 AM »

Article 5 is used against sovereign states not terror organisations since to use it would be to imply that the latter are some way legitimate.  Besides; it'd also be incredibly hypocritical for a wide range of reasons - the first that comes to mind is that people from America were openly funding the IRA which were, eh, a terror organisation and under your argument America ought to have arrested them for Treason, which seems rather rediculous.

Your were wrong about that: http://www.nytimes.com/2001/09/13/us/after-attacks-alliance-for-first-time-nato-invokes-joint-defense-pact-with-us.html?mcubz=0

Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2017, 02:23:24 AM »

On that point, the choice was between giving him 10 millions or being condemned by a court (after even more lawyers fees) to pay him a larger amount + lawyer fees. Enough money has been lost on a lawsuit the government would have lost.

The former choice is the best use of the government money.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2017, 02:51:02 AM »

Article 5 is used against sovereign states not terror organisations since to use it would be to imply that the latter are some way legitimate.  Besides; it'd also be incredibly hypocritical for a wide range of reasons - the first that comes to mind is that people from America were openly funding the IRA which were, eh, a terror organisation and under your argument America ought to have arrested them for Treason, which seems rather rediculous.

Your were wrong about that: http://www.nytimes.com/2001/09/13/us/after-attacks-alliance-for-first-time-nato-invokes-joint-defense-pact-with-us.html?mcubz=0

New York Times?

Fake News!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies