Favorite recent post by the previous poster
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 04:10:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Favorite recent post by the previous poster
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 74
Author Topic: Favorite recent post by the previous poster  (Read 79364 times)
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1500 on: May 14, 2020, 07:49:20 AM »

His approval ratings have barely changed. What evidence is there for this aside from hearsay?

Durr

Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.13

« Reply #1501 on: May 14, 2020, 08:38:20 AM »

You guys are all forgetting that ButtiPete would poll better among Whites against Trump than Biden, which is compensating for weaker polling among Blaxicasians.

3-5% more among the larger group of Whites compared with Biden is worth 20% or more among minorities ...

Stop trying to make Pete Buttigieg happen, he's not gonna happen.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1502 on: May 18, 2020, 10:56:53 PM »

Registration for the 3rd National Assembly
The registration list for the 3rd National Assembly is now open for the next 48 hours. I encourage as many union members as possible to attend, so that our rules changes and leadership election can have some higher turnout and is more representative of the union as a whole. The race for chair is also open if you wish to run for that position. That is all.

Edit: Individual union boss positions are also up for election, as well as Press Secretary.

Sincerely Co-Chair Elcaspar
What does the Press Secretary do?

They grade legislation from all the Regions as well as federally. They are supposed to comment on behalf of the union when it comes to issues going on in Atlasia, as well as communicating with the public on union issues. That's what they do. Not that'd you'd know that since we haven't had one active since i took over as Co-Chair, which is why it's open for election.

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1503 on: May 18, 2020, 11:36:20 PM »

this is such a stupid controversy. Dear god.
Obamagate's abject brain-dead-ness makes it fit perfectly with elements of the political scene in Anno Domini 2020.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1504 on: May 19, 2020, 02:00:31 AM »

Having colonies is taxation without representation.

How is that justifiable?

Puerto Rico doesn't pay federal income taxes.

I know several high income people who changed tax residency to Puerto Rico and love it. It's the hardcore version of moving from NY to Florida.

Puerto Rico doesn't pay federal income taxes. But the American residents of Puerto Rico do:

• Pay into Medicare and Social Security, but do not qualify for SSI,
  • Pay a metric crap-ton of port taxes and suffer from the same restrictions as HI and AK in terms of maritime commerce, implemented in Jones Act,
  • Suffer from having no financial sovereignty or security (like restructuring debt),
  • Follow the laws and regulations of the Federal Government, without having any meaningful say in Congress or in choosing who's President (even though they can vote in primaries).

You can be comfortable having a high income anywhere in the U.S. nowadays (as it always has been, really), which makes your point moot. Let's, instead, talk about the systematic and systemic oppression of American citizens that have been in a de facto and de jure (as ruled recently by the Supreme Court) second class citizen status in the supposed "land of the free" (aka. "best country in the world").

Tell me more about how the positive experiences of the rich somehow de-legitimizes the blatant disenfranchisement of the literal millions of American citizens living in Puerto Rico, who have contributed to and died for this country in every major American historical event and/or war in recent memory.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1505 on: May 19, 2020, 03:57:23 AM »

The entire thread is a gold mine of garbage, but this one stood out:

- what we think of as “black” culture is basically Southern US Anglo culture. 
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1506 on: May 19, 2020, 08:52:16 AM »

Hot take: every year it gets slightly less politically advantageous to advocate for anti-abortion laws, and it will in the end never be outlawed in America. This is assuming Biden wins this election though. In Canada, we're already at that point now. All of the Conservative Party leaders up here are pretty much required politically to be pro-life PERSONALLY but pro-choice in terms of what the law is. I can see the Republican Party being like this by the 30's, mayyyybe the 40's.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1507 on: May 19, 2020, 11:24:36 AM »

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1508 on: May 19, 2020, 11:26:53 AM »

IMO possible candidates are:

D to R: New Hampshire, Minnesota

R to D: Michigan, Pennsylvania, maybe Florida or Arizona

Arizona's impossible lol. You need to flip Maricopa county.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1509 on: May 19, 2020, 06:56:17 PM »

Actually no, I'm a hidden marxist and don't believe a word I say. I am purely on this forum to false flag.

So you admit that you're trolling, interesting...
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1510 on: May 20, 2020, 10:03:48 PM »

A lot of the anti-Puerto Rico statehood arguments sound similar to the anti-Hawaii statehood arguments. Hmm, I would why?

New Mexico also had a hard time becoming a state, I suspect for similar reasons.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1511 on: May 20, 2020, 10:19:51 PM »

Tom Emmer is probably the only one on that list that could, but I don't see the GOP winning back the House anytime soon. It'll probably be someone not even on our radar. It definitely won't be Kevin McCarthy. Or Liz Cheney, for that matter.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1512 on: May 20, 2020, 10:23:28 PM »

Badger regularly invokes my family in his attacks. It’s pathetic. Hopefully the mods and/or the Ohio Bar Association do something.

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1513 on: May 21, 2020, 12:28:52 AM »

Why not?

Immigrants produce more for the US economy then they take in "welfare" and there is no reason not to support them being able to draw from programs they help fund because immigrants do pay taxes folks. The American anti-immigrant sentiment isn't very different from the German antisemitism in the 1920s, many Americans blame immigrants for Americans being worse off, and think that something needs to be done about the immigrants stealing American (white peoples) jobs it's a clear scapegoat mentality.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1514 on: May 21, 2020, 12:52:00 AM »

Sad. But he was literally convicted of attempted murder with a gun so just straight up releasing him like kooks wanted would have been a problem too.
That doesn’t matter. What matters is that a human being died due to the awful conditions of this detention center, something that could cause more incidents like this on others.

Americans don't care about the harm inflicted on individuals by their justice system, lol.
The people with the means to change things don’t, that I can agree with.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #1515 on: December 27, 2020, 09:01:09 PM »

(BUMP)
(This thread is great, and as Xing might say, it sounds like a good way to foster niceness)

My favourite recent post by sev:

I suppose this thread would have to come eventually, so a little Christmas gift from my fellow Atlas/TE bloggers is nice. Merry Christmas everyone, stay safe and healthy. You guys are awesome!
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1516 on: December 27, 2020, 09:04:15 PM »

Anyway, this is the Winning Party List by Constituency map.

Lega
Partito Democratico
Movimento 5 Stelle
Forza Italia
Südtiroler Volkspartei
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1517 on: December 27, 2020, 09:09:40 PM »

I love how people are praising Trump for basically wasting everybody's time for weeks.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1518 on: December 27, 2020, 09:33:29 PM »

Is this sack of s___ going to actually sign anything before New Years when the eviction moratoriums expire? Jesus Christ.  It's truly incredible the depths of moral depravity this guy will sink to in order to mess with Cocaine Mitch. Stop "indicating that you'll sign it" and f___ing sign it.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #1519 on: December 27, 2020, 09:49:35 PM »

Me? Why I have no opinion of Bronz but I have heard some people say “Bronz makes up random quotes and ridiculous hypotheticals all based around cops and racial issues in the NY/NJ region and uses it to bait people into discussing his weird race fixations all the while using said quotes to duck any ownership of his actual views”. I don’t know how to feel about this quote so let’s discuss it here
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #1520 on: December 27, 2020, 10:08:26 PM »

Not to the voters. Her homophobia is so deeply repulsive to them that the Republican party may have to split in two, the pro and anti Kim factions. This will likely happen around September 2023 once the Democrats, with their 428 member house majority make it evident they will never let up on their attacks on Young Kim's homophobia. The only fear is if the anti-Young Kim vote is split, you could get a pro-Kim majority in congress which would pack the court and overturn Orbegefell v. Hodges as well as making the natural-born citizen clause unconstitutional, then leading to
President Young Kim in 2024. Truly a terrifying thought, but it's likely to happen.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1521 on: December 27, 2020, 10:18:27 PM »

imo this is the most likely result

53.21 Perdue (R)
46.79 Ossoff (D)

Perdue wins comfortably over Ossoff due to his strength in the Atlanta area, all the Abrams-McBath-Bordux-Biden voters love his soothing ads and his moderate tone. Perdue also narrowly carries Registered Democrats 49-47. However, Perdue is crushed in rural Georgia, due to Populist Bush-McCain-Romney-Trump-Kemp-Trump voters turning out in droves for Ossoff due to his support of 2K stimulus checks.

67.46 Warnock (D)
32.54 Loeffler (R)

Joke Candidate Loeffler is blanched, the race is even called at poll closing times, Warnock carries every demographic group (except Republicans; Warnock’s landslide win is mostly due to Republicans leaving the ballot blank, out of pure disgust at Loeffler lack of Strong Incumbent Energy (SIE), but Loeffler carries Cobb by 17 votes due to Perdue’s coattails.

although warnock is doa in 2022 cuz biden midterm

Exit poll Predictions:

Region:

North: 55-42 Ossoff

Atlanta Suburbs: 89-9 Perdue

Atlanta Metro: 75-25 Perdue

Central: 56-44 Ossoff

South: 59-41 Ossoff

Education:

College graduate: 66-34 Perdue

Non-College Graduate: 58-42 Ossoff

Education by race:

White Voters, College Degree: 70-30 Perdue
White Voters, No College Degree: 65-35 Ossoff
Non- White Voters, College Degree: 55-45 Perdue
Non-White voters, No College Degree: 90-10 Ossoff

Exit polls for Special:

Region:

North: 65-35 Warnock

Atlanta Suburbs: 57-43 Warnock

Atlanta Metro: 85-15 Warnock

Central: 76-24 Warnock

South: 69-31 Warnock

Education:

College graduate: 66-34 Warnock

Non-College Graduate: 58-42 Warnock

Education by race:

White Voters, College Degree: 67-33 Warnock
White Voters, No College Degree: 65-35 Warnock
Non- White Voters, College Degree: 91-9 Warnock
Non-White voters, No College Degree: 90-10 Warnock

just imo of course

I respectfully disagree with your county map. You may end up being right, but IMO, you’re overestimating canidate quality and who appeals to where in the states. If 2020 taught us anything, it showed us how real polarization is, even “perfect canidates” really a tent able to achieve NUT maps. Furthermore, there’s no precedent for Perdue suddenly winning in places like DeKalb in Fulton as Republicans have really struggled in those places for a pong time now and even Perdue lost them by large margins 4 years ago. Also; why would he win in a place like Athens which is young and well educated county? Just because Perdue may over perform Biden in some counties doesn’t mean he’ll win them. No offense, but this almost reminds me of some of those meme maps for canidate quality, though I really appreciate your analysis

Well, the reason I predicted those things is because Perdue’s base is Registered Democrats. You’d be surprised. My Uncle, who lives in Marietta, has voted for every Democrat since George McGoven. He’s already sent in his absentee ballot for Perdue, because Perdue is the ONLY Republican he’ll ever vote for. Perdue speaks to these people, he knows them, and they know him. Perdue speaks the language of Lilburn, he sings the song of Sandy Springs, he dances to the beat of Buckhead. There isn’t a single Atlanta suburbanite who wouldn’t love the chance the invite Perude to a barbecue in their Suburban home, or sit down and have a beer with him in the nicest bar in Atlanta. Just watch on 1/5. Atlanta and everywhere in a 30 mile radius will be dark red on the map.

Or maybe I’m wrong. Guess we’ll have to see, my friend.  Smiley 
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #1522 on: December 27, 2020, 10:24:22 PM »

This one is definitely the funniest:

Israeli snap election 1: The Yamin Menace
Israeli snap election 2. Attack of the Retired IDF Rav Alufs
Israeli snap election 3: Revenge of the Right
Israeli snap election 4: A New Hope (YOU ARE HERE)
Israeli snap election 5: Bibi Strikes Back
Israeli snap election 6: Return of the Left
Israeli snap election 7: Labor Zionism Awakens
Israeli snap election 8: The Last Kibbutznik
Israeli snap election 9: The Rise of Ben Gurion
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #1523 on: December 27, 2020, 10:29:33 PM »

I would be excited to see how olawakandi is in real life.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1524 on: December 27, 2020, 11:32:25 PM »

It is well known that the right do not do identity politics, they just have « legitimate concerns » or « common sense » or are worried about « traditional values »

White supremacy identity politics??
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies