TX-SEN: True to Form
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 09:21:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TX-SEN: True to Form
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 68
Author Topic: TX-SEN: True to Form  (Read 159963 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1250 on: October 06, 2018, 07:48:43 PM »

Oh f*** off, Ted Cruz. It's not like you're going to represent every demographic in your state either.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1251 on: October 06, 2018, 08:31:33 PM »

His hometown of Houston and Harris County will vote like 60% against him.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #1252 on: October 06, 2018, 08:40:37 PM »

His home town will give him 0% of the vote since his home town is Calgary, Alberta. Tongue
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1253 on: October 06, 2018, 08:47:46 PM »

His home town will give him 0% of the vote since his home town is Calgary, Alberta. Tongue

Got im!
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1254 on: October 07, 2018, 11:13:00 AM »

Got im!

I kind of wish Beto would be a bit dirtier with the "not a true Texan" angle of Cruz. For example, here is the sole picture I could find of Ted Cruz in a cowboy hat:

Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1255 on: October 07, 2018, 01:10:40 PM »

I kind of wish Beto would be a bit dirtier with the "not a true Texan" angle of Cruz. For example, here is the sole picture I could find of Ted Cruz in a cowboy hat:

Q: How do you know when someone is not a Texan?

A: When they think all Texans normally wear cowboy hats all the time.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1256 on: October 07, 2018, 01:14:04 PM »

Q: How do you know when someone is not a Texan?

A: When they think all Texans normally wear cowboy hats all the time.

Oh my god, I'm so embarrassed that you outed me as not being a Texan. I thought I was doing so well.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1257 on: October 07, 2018, 01:41:01 PM »

Oh my god, I'm so embarrassed that you outed me as not being a Texan. I thought I was doing so well.

Politicians wearing cowboy hats as an attempt to artificially make themselves look Texan

=

Look at how artificial this looks (and this is one of the most charismatic recent politicians):

Basically the least authentic thing Beto could do if he wanted to ruin his well-earned reputation for authenticity would be to attack Cruz for not wearing a cowboy hat more often.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #1258 on: October 07, 2018, 04:22:12 PM »

Basically the least authentic thing Beto could do if he wanted to ruin his well-earned reputation for authenticity would be to attack Cruz for not wearing a cowboy hat more often.

🤣🤣🤣
Those two photos remind me of this 😂:

Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1259 on: October 07, 2018, 05:04:16 PM »

So Democrats were busing illegals to vote for them all along! It's just that they were Canadians, not Mexicans
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1260 on: October 07, 2018, 06:00:47 PM »

So Democrats were busing illegals to vote for them all along! It's just that they were Canadians, not Mexicans

There’s a long standing conspiracy here locally that people were bused in from NY, CA & Mexico to Houston to make it look blue, those guys believe Houston voted 90% Trump if it weren’t for their “bused in people”.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1261 on: October 07, 2018, 06:07:16 PM »

There’s a long standing conspiracy here locally that people were bused in from NY, CA & Mexico to Houston to make it look blue, those guys believe Houston voted 90% Trump if it weren’t for their “bused in people”.

Doesn't Texas have a fairly strong voter ID law?
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1262 on: October 07, 2018, 09:04:37 PM »

Doesn't Texas have a fairly strong voter ID law?

It’s been weakened a little bit by the courts. But there’s nothing against busing in from people from other states on election year and register them and vote. Now that’s absurd because who wants to bus people into an area and let them vote? They have to uproot their jobs and families just for this.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1263 on: October 07, 2018, 09:52:02 PM »

Got im!

Ted Cruz enjoys many human pursuits, including the wearing of hats atop one's head.

Cowboy hats are very useful headgear for shielding one's face and neck from the sun, which the human epidermis is very sensitive to. Ted Cruz could never secrete a UV-protecting mucus-like substance from his pores, because, after all, all of the cells that comprise Ted Cruz have 100% human DNA.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #1264 on: October 07, 2018, 09:52:36 PM »

Why didn't they bus me then? Tongue
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1265 on: October 08, 2018, 09:09:58 PM »

I dunno. It’s a stupid conspiracy theory that’s spreading locally. It’s probably an excuse for Republicans here locally not accepting that Houston has gotten more progressive.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1266 on: October 09, 2018, 01:47:00 AM »

Forget the cowboy hats - attack him for being a big p[inks]y!
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1267 on: October 09, 2018, 04:35:19 PM »

I dunno. It’s a stupid conspiracy theory that’s spreading locally. It’s probably an excuse for Republicans here locally not accepting that Houston has gotten more progressive.

I remember there was a army exercise in Texas a few years ago when Obama was president. The army chose Texas because of it's perceived patriotic nature. There was rumors swirling around that the drill was a trick, and Obama and the UN were going to send in the army to declare martial law and take away their guns.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1268 on: October 09, 2018, 05:29:38 PM »

Ted has backed out of the planned CNN debate. It will now be a one hour town hall with Beto. What is Cruz thinking?
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1269 on: October 09, 2018, 05:33:54 PM »

Ted has backed out of the planned CNN debate. It will now be a one hour town hall with Beto. What is Cruz thinking?

His internals tell him he is up and he has decided to play it safe for the stretch run.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1270 on: October 09, 2018, 05:34:00 PM »

What reason did he give?
aaroncd107

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.00

« Reply #1271 on: October 09, 2018, 05:34:54 PM »

Probably, he’s thinking that CNN is fAkE nEwS and will try to frame Beto as getting “help” from the lIbErAl media.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1272 on: October 09, 2018, 05:44:11 PM »

His internals tell him he is up and he has decided to play it safe for the stretch run.

By giving his opponent a free one hour commercial that I'm sure will also result in many donations? Eh, that's a stretch.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1273 on: October 09, 2018, 06:08:37 PM »

By giving his opponent a free one hour commercial that I'm sure will also result in many donations? Eh, that's a stretch.

Well, I am not saying it is smart.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1274 on: October 09, 2018, 07:09:15 PM »

What reason did he give?

He doesn't have enough time to put on his human skin
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 68  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies