IN-SEN: Brains or Braun?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 05:55:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IN-SEN: Brains or Braun?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25
Author Topic: IN-SEN: Brains or Braun?  (Read 69255 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: September 28, 2018, 09:43:26 PM »

I know. I’m a Hoosier too. The L-NC is still up because I’m thinking of my friends down there who have been dealing with the aftermath of Florence. I still would rather have Stutzman than Braun or Silent Joe hence my expression.
I'm voting for Joe solely due to dissatisfaction with Trump, not to mention Boring Braun hasn't given me a reason to vote for him.

Why not the libertarian? I can’t vote Donnelly on principle.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #476 on: September 28, 2018, 11:51:25 PM »

I know. I’m a Hoosier too. The L-NC is still up because I’m thinking of my friends down there who have been dealing with the aftermath of Florence. I still would rather have Stutzman than Braun or Silent Joe hence my expression.
I'm voting for Joe solely due to dissatisfaction with Trump, not to mention Boring Braun hasn't given me a reason to vote for him.

I love Lucy (pardon the pun, lol), but Trump is too out of control and needs to be held accountable.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #477 on: September 29, 2018, 01:36:17 AM »

Let's not forget Indiana is a state where the Dem base is important, and not giving them any reason at all to stay home is a good idea for Donnelly. Tossup -> Tossup.

This is a great point. Indiana is not North Dakota or West Virginia, there's a sizable Dem base in the state (Indianapolis, Gary, and South Bend proper) that Donnelly needs to get high turnout from if he wants to win. Donnelly needs all the crossover support he can get, and he needs to do that to win, but without the base he's pretty much DOA.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #478 on: September 29, 2018, 02:43:15 AM »

1.) Unless you have data specific to Indiana that it will cost Donnelly more votes than it gains you’re just screwing unsubstantiated crap.

2.) National fundraising matters- this keeps a lot of money flowing into his campaign.

3.) Senators should vote their gut- there’s no point being in politics if you’re never going to do anything you actually believe in.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #479 on: September 29, 2018, 08:32:53 AM »

Please reconsider. Trump is so out of control at this point that he needs to be checked. Donnelly is a crucial Senate vote.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #480 on: September 29, 2018, 09:29:31 AM »

Sound reasoning
kriksB
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.00

P P P

« Reply #481 on: October 01, 2018, 01:46:16 PM »

Was starting to lose faith in Donelly being an actual Democrat until he said no on Kavanaugh
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #482 on: October 04, 2018, 12:59:39 PM »

Sweetheart Loans and Creative Accounting Behind Debt-Fueled GOP Senate Campaign

https://www.thedailybeast.com/sweetheart-loans-and-creative-accounting-behind-debt-fueled-gop-senate-campaign

You must be logged in to read this quote.
icemanj
Rookie
United States

« Reply #483 on: October 04, 2018, 05:27:22 PM »

Just got polled for this race. I guess this was a "push poll" because I got asked who I would vote for about 6 or 7 times with seemingly negative facts about each candidate in between each one. Donnelly voting 'no' on Kavanaugh was one of them.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #484 on: October 07, 2018, 02:03:26 AM »

Apparently, Senator Donnelly is getting a surprising number of supportive or neutral comments from constituents on social media.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #485 on: October 07, 2018, 02:15:55 AM »

The no vote will cause him to lose, I had him at a tossup to narrowly favor to him before that stupid move.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #486 on: October 07, 2018, 02:45:38 AM »

The no vote will cause him to lose, I had him at a tossup to narrowly favor to him before that stupid move.

You have Manchin also pegged to lose so I can safely not take you seriously.
Sherrod Brown Shill
NerdFighter40351
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -6.43

« Reply #487 on: October 08, 2018, 06:53:56 AM »

You have Manchin also pegged to lose so I can safely not take you seriously.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #488 on: October 08, 2018, 08:46:39 AM »

Just got polled for this race. I guess this was a "push poll" because I got asked who I would vote for about 6 or 7 times with seemingly negative facts about each candidate in between each one. Donnelly voting 'no' on Kavanaugh was one of them.

A push poll would not re-ask who you are voting for (every question costs money, and push polls are designed to spread the most negative information to the most people at the lowest price point), and would be focused on one candidate.

This was probably a genuine poll to test potential lines of attack for TV/digital ads and mail pieces, though it is admittedly very late in the game to just be testing messages now.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #489 on: October 08, 2018, 09:19:24 AM »

As long as the top line isn't effected, it's not really a push poll..
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #490 on: October 08, 2018, 04:35:27 PM »

Debate night tonight!  Who's watching?
SCNCmod

« Reply #491 on: October 24, 2018, 05:48:16 AM »

Polls seem to indicate that Donnelly's win depends on the Libertarian getting 7 or 8%.  Is this correct... and what are the chances that some to this Libertarian support will end up voting Republican instead?
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #492 on: October 24, 2018, 12:47:44 PM »

The fact that I had to go back to page seven on this board to find this thread says a lot about this race.  No one is talking about it.  I really get the feeling there is no enthusiasm at all for Braun; which leaves Donnelly is a good position as Democrats are motivated to turn out this season no matter what.

The lack of quality polling does have me uneasy on this race though.

---
Edit:

I've dug through a lot of the crosstabs on the polls and they don't really give me a lot of faith in Donnelly.

He's averaging well under 45% in most of the polls and I don't really see why there would be a late break for him, but can see a million reasons why late deciders who just go from Braun with Trump's approval rebounding at the end of the cycle.

Yeah, Donnelly could certainly win in a big Democratic wave, but I doubt he survives even a slight GOP overperformance, and I don’t get why people think he’s underrated or that the race is Lean D (or Likely D, if you trust 538's "model"). A Braun win would hardly be an upset.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #493 on: October 24, 2018, 12:52:34 PM »

The fact that I had to go back to page seven on this board to find this thread says a lot about this race.  No one is talking about it.  I really get the feeling there is no enthusiasm at all for Braun; which leaves Donnelly is a good position as Democrats are motivated to turn out this season no matter what.

The lack of quality polling does have me uneasy on this race though.

---
Edit:

I've dug through a lot of the crosstabs on the polls and they don't really give me a lot of faith in Donnelly.

He's averaging well under 45% in most of the polls and I don't really see why there would be a late break for him, but can see a million reasons why late deciders who just go from Braun with Trump's approval rebounding at the end of the cycle.

Yeah, Donnelly could certainly win in a big Democratic wave, but I doubt he survives even a slight GOP overperformance, and I don’t get why people think he’s underrated or that the race is Lean D (or Likely D, if you trust 538's "model"). A Braun win would hardly be an upset.

538 still has Heitkamp more likely to win than Braun, lol. Their trashdamentals are a joke.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #494 on: October 28, 2018, 02:14:43 PM »

Desperation Attempts having started by the Indiana Democratic Party. They know they're behind and now sending out Mailers calling Libertarian Candidate Lucy Brenton the True Conservative. LMAO.

This smells like absolute Desperation.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #495 on: October 28, 2018, 02:16:43 PM »

Desperation Attempts having started by the Indiana Democratic Party. They know they're behind and now sending out Mailers calling Libertarian Candidate Lucy Brenton the True Conservative. LMAO.

Brilliant move. Anything they can do to reduce Braun's vote share hurts for the GOP.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #496 on: October 28, 2018, 04:00:47 PM »

You're the biggest hack on the forum.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #497 on: October 28, 2018, 04:04:17 PM »

The biggest hacks on this forum tend to be the people with red or maroon avatars actually LOL

also, I think Donnelly is going down. Braun is getting more and more of the previously undecided voters.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #498 on: October 28, 2018, 04:05:12 PM »

The biggest hacks on this forum tend to be the people with red or maroon avatars actually LOL

also, I think Donnelly is going down. Braun is getting more and more of the previously undecided voters.

Perhaps they wear Orange avatars as well.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #499 on: October 28, 2018, 04:06:48 PM »

Perhaps they wear Orange avatars as well.

I wonder who you could be talking about.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies