German Federal Election 2017
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 10:05:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  German Federal Election 2017
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Poll
Question: How Would you vote?
CDU/CSU

SPD

Left

Greens

Liberal Conservative Reformers

FDP

AfD

Free Voters

Pirates

National Democratic Party (Nazis)

Die PARTEI

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 132

Author Topic: German Federal Election 2017  (Read 5845 times)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2017, 02:02:01 PM »

Yeah, the glorification of Angela Merkel by American liberals is the ultimate proof of their shallowness.

i raged against her for 8 years, before realizing that she also pisses off all the right people.

after a decade she should ofc be replaced, i am just not happy to accept EVERY kind of replacement.

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2017, 02:02:52 PM »

Yeah, the glorification of Angela Merkel by American liberals is the ultimate proof of their shallowness.

i raged against her for 8 years, before realizing that she also pisses off all the right people.

"He/she pisses off the right people" is one of the most inane rationales for supporting anyone ever.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2017, 02:05:05 PM »

Well, Angela Merkel is the best possible kind of CDU Chancellor leftists can ever hope for. It's almost like having John Kasich or Jon Huntsman as U.S. president. Tongue

But at the end, she's still CDU of course. (And I agree that 12 years in office are enough.)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2017, 02:13:24 PM »

"He/she pisses off the right people" is one of the most inane rationales for supporting anyone ever.

you are totally right but as a principled center-lefter like myself, i wouldn't be able to see miss merkel as the anti-thesis to my wishes..... she is - truhfully - the most liberal chancellor germany has ever had.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2017, 05:13:57 PM »

This is one of the few instances where the Atlas results are much better than the expected actual results.
The far right getting 23% of the vote is SO great
Exactly!
Just out of curiosity, David, would you still support the AfD if they advocated for the sterilization of Jewish children? Or are you only okay with the dehumanization of innocents when it happens to brown people?

Many Jews are brown of course...
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2017, 11:49:00 AM »

It seems with the current results there are only two coalitions possible at the moment Tongue :

1) SPD-Left-Greens

2) SPD-CDU-Greens-FDP

Possible coalitions under the current results (ranked in the order I think Martin Schulz would prefer them):

1) SPD-Greens-FDP

2) SPD-CDU/CSU-Greens

3) SPD-Left-Greens

4) SPD-CDU/CSU-FDP
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2017, 01:48:03 PM »

SPD-Greens-FDP would be really great, especially if FDP is the second most numerous and has enough votes to swing it to CDU/CSU.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2017, 02:47:09 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2017, 02:48:44 PM by 0% Approval Rating »

SPD-Greens-FDP would be really great, especially if FDP is the second most numerous and has enough votes to swing it to CDU/CSU.

A SPD-Greens-FDP coalition wouldn't even come into existence in the first Placebo, if there is a CDU/CSU-SPD majority.

CDU/CSU and FDP not having a majority is a basic precondition for SPD-Greens-FDP.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2017, 03:18:07 PM »

A SPD-Greens-FDP coalition wouldn't even come into existence in the first Placebo, if there is a CDU/CSU-SPD majority.

CDU/CSU and FDP not having a majority is a basic precondition for SPD-Greens-FDP.

So a one seat majority with CDU/CSU is preferable to a twenty seat majority with SPD and Greens?
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2017, 04:54:49 PM »

This is one of the few instances where the Atlas results are much better than the expected actual results.
Exactly!

I genuinely do not understand how anyone of Jewish background (let alone, anyone with a shred of basic human decency) can embrace the European far-Right (more specifically, the German far-Right - some deeply dark irony there). And no, this is not some concern trolling from me; I'm honestly perplexed by this, unless it is in fact you who's trolling here.
mencken
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2017, 08:37:43 AM »
« Edited: March 18, 2017, 08:41:14 AM by mencken »

Exactly!

I genuinely do not understand how anyone of Jewish background (let alone, anyone with a shred of basic human decency) can embrace the European far-Right (more specifically, the German far-Right - some deeply dark irony there). And no, this is not some concern trolling from me; I'm honestly perplexed by this, unless it is in fact you who's trolling here.

Presently being shot by Muslim immigrants at a supermarket is a higher probability for European Jews than being herded onto a train to Auschwitz.

Also, as far as I know, the parties David (and myself) back are not the ones endorsing anti-Semitism. We are not cheerleaders for thugs like Jobbik, Golden Dawn, or the National Democratic Party. The parties we back would not be out of the mainstream of the US Republican Party (although some disembrained people here and elsewhere would also say that that is a neo-Nazi organization)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2017, 01:51:47 PM »

SPD
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2017, 02:44:17 PM »

Exactly!

The AFD isn't really that far-right.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2017, 03:10:35 PM »

Exactly!

wrong!
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2017, 03:42:54 PM »

which AFD at which time?

MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2017, 04:55:46 PM »

The Alternative for Dumbledore. It's actual quite a progressive faction in the Ministry of Magic.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2017, 07:19:43 PM »

Exactly!

It really is, I'm hoping you didn't vote for them.
mencken
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2017, 08:39:35 PM »

Exactly!

Presently being shot by Muslim immigrants at a supermarket is a higher probability for European Jews than being herded onto a train to Auschwitz.

Also, as far as I know, the parties David (and myself) back are not the ones endorsing anti-Semitism. We are not cheerleaders for thugs like Jobbik, Golden Dawn, or the National Democratic Party. The parties we back would not be out of the mainstream of the US Republican Party (although some disembrained people here and elsewhere would also say that that is a neo-Nazi organization)

"I would NEVER support Nazi thugs!" says a poster named "mencken" who supports sterilizing refugee children. What a f-cking joke.

Citation?
mencken
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2017, 09:06:48 PM »

Exactly!

"I would NEVER support Nazi thugs!" says a poster named "mencken" who supports sterilizing refugee children. What a f-cking joke.

Citation?

Let me amend the aforementioned post:

"I would NEVER support Nazi thugs!" says a poster named "mencken" who somehow doesn't consider the sterilization of refugee children to be a deal-breaker. What a f-cking joke."

Way to take that statement completely out of context. The Saxon parliamentarian who asked the question was incredulous that German taxpayers' money could be wasted on such services for refugees, not advocating for such acts to be performed involuntarily:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2017, 08:26:34 AM »

AfD, enthusiastically
Grey Owl
« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2017, 12:24:05 PM »

AfD. If I had voted 15 or 20 years ago, I would have voted for CDU/CSU, but these days it is simply impossible. I mean, who am I supposed to vote for if I consider Chancellor Merkel’s immigration policy insane?
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2017, 01:09:07 PM »

So looking at the shift in the real-life polls is it accurate to say that many German voters have long been looking for an excuse to vote the CDU out, but have only just found one?
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2017, 07:49:00 PM »

AfD. If I had voted 15 or 20 years ago, I would have voted for CDU/CSU, but these days it is simply impossible. I mean, who am I supposed to vote for if I consider Chancellor Merkel’s immigration policy insane?

a democratic party like FDP for starters.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2017, 08:30:53 PM »

a democratic party like FDP for starters.
How is the FDP's view on immigration even remotely different from the CDU's?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies