HOUSE BILL: Return Education To the Regions Act (Passed - Sent to the VP/PPT)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:33:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HOUSE BILL: Return Education To the Regions Act (Passed - Sent to the VP/PPT)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: HOUSE BILL: Return Education To the Regions Act (Passed - Sent to the VP/PPT)  (Read 9804 times)
Enduro
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2017, 01:44:43 PM »

How much will it cut at that time?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2017, 03:44:12 AM »
« Edited: March 23, 2017, 03:49:04 AM by People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
[/quote]

Sponsor Feedback: Friendly
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2017, 04:27:45 AM »

We should probably specify that with a subsequent amendment.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2017, 04:02:04 PM »

We should probably specify that with a subsequent amendment.

Alright.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2017, 04:13:26 AM »

The amendment has been adopted.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2017, 02:42:37 PM »

Cool, now, how much will be cut on the specified date?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2017, 03:02:01 AM »

How much are you guys up for cutting?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2017, 12:33:27 PM »

Yankee; I'm beginning to think that we're the only representatives in this house.

Anyway, maybe 10%? 15%?
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2017, 01:53:26 PM »

Yankee; I'm beginning to think that we're the only representatives in this house.

Anyway, maybe 10%? 15%?

To determine the activity in the house with the aid of a porposal that does not seem to have broad support is remarkable, but I take that as an invitation to state that we should not cut any resources of the department of education, even though this bill transfers salient tasks to the regions, federal interference is absolutely necessary. Financial resources for federal education programs are important, education is the last thing we should cut from.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2017, 10:16:40 PM »

Anyway, maybe 10%? 15%?

To determine the activity in the house with the aid of a porposal that does not seem to have broad support is remarkable, but I take that as an invitation to state that we should not cut any resources of the department of education, even though this bill transfers salient tasks to the regions, federal interference is absolutely necessary. Financial resources for federal education programs are important, education is the last thing we should cut from.

How are we suppose to know the level of support for a proposal if the members are not routinely chiming in there opinions on any given proposal or idea?

What happens if an amendment gets adopted to the bill through the friendly amendment process?
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2017, 10:19:34 PM »

Well we don't currently have a national department of education, so maybe we could add that? The only problem is the title "Return Education to the Regions".
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2017, 10:20:39 PM »

At the very least we should be able to cut administration and like costs. If tasks are being regionalized, then there is less need for bureaucrats in Nyman.

I agree with not cutting money going to actual teachers and students, at least not until the regions could put up alternative sources of revenues for that.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2017, 10:33:57 PM »

Well we don't currently have a national department of education, so maybe we could add that? The only problem is the title "Return Education to the Regions".

As of the reset, we have a department of education. Unless a bill passed eliminating it, or an executive order ended it.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2017, 10:35:28 PM »

At the very least we should be able to cut administration and like costs. If tasks are being regionalized, then there is less need for bureaucrats in Nyman.

I agree with not cutting money going to actual teachers and students, at least not until the regions could put up alternative sources of revenues for that.

This is exactly my point. Everybody is worried about an unbalanced budget, and now we have an opportunity to relieve some of that monetary burden without increasing taxes.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2017, 10:53:46 PM »

Actually we do have a Department of Education.

Historically in Atlasia, the Departments from RL have all considered to have existed within their umbrella Atlasia departments (SoS, SoIA etc). Nothing with regards to the reset has changed that in any regard, though it did delete the statute clarifying it:
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=176810.msg3819194#msg3819194

I have still been using that as a guide of sorts for agency names as I craft legislation like the Research Grant process, and some healthcare texts.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2017, 11:04:54 PM »

Historically in Atlasia, the Departments from RL have all considered to have existed within their umbrella Atlasia departments (SoS, SoIA etc). Nothing with regards to the reset has changed that in any regard, though it did delete the statute clarifying it:

I have still been using that as a guide of sorts for agency names as I craft legislation like the Research Grant process, and some healthcare texts.
Formally re-establishing this was one of the first acts of my brief presidency, accomplished with Executive Order 39-005. Apart from the Subdepartment of Justice (item b), recently reorganized as the independent Department of Justice (Executive Order 42-002), this remains the portfolio of the Internal Affairs Secretary.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2017, 11:08:37 PM »

Formally re-establishing this was one of the first acts of my brief presidency, accomplished with Executive Order 39-005. Apart from the Subdepartment of Justice (item b), recently reorganized as the independent Department of Justice (Executive Order 42-002), this remains the portfolio of the Internal Affairs Secretary.

Where is health and human services?
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2017, 11:16:42 PM »

Where is health and human services?
Typo'd out. Tongue
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2017, 12:12:19 AM »

This is exactly my point. Everybody is worried about an unbalanced budget, and now we have an opportunity to relieve some of that monetary burden without increasing taxes.

I believe that it's an opportunity to use the money in different ways than we did. As you already stated, the bureaucratic efforts are obsolete, but many schools are in horrible shape and need money, and we also need the money for federal programs and, you now, measures that actually keep students educated. Imagine what would be possible if a significant amount was not wasted due to bureaucratic processes. I prefer not to cut. But if you offer an amendment - we can let the house decide.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2017, 11:55:50 AM »

[/quote]
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2017, 11:56:33 AM »

I decided to do both what I wanted, and what simossad wanted with the amendment.
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2017, 12:29:23 PM »

Homeschooling was not at all what I wanted, and therefore I oppose this amendment.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2017, 02:08:52 PM »

Homeschooling was not at all what I wanted, and therefore I oppose this amendment.

Why? Is homeschoolers second priority to you?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2017, 12:02:30 AM »

[/quote]

Sponsor Feedback: None Given Yet
Status: Objection filed by Simossad/24 hrs minimum debate time expires in ~12 hrs.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2017, 12:04:42 AM »

Who wants to assume sponsorship of this bill. It is still considered one of AZ's.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies