Iowa is Rubio Country
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:54:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Iowa is Rubio Country
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 62
Author Topic: Iowa is Rubio Country  (Read 208914 times)
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1025 on: June 02, 2018, 04:14:34 PM »

This Timeline. This poor timeline. It had such potential. Now look at it. Such a shame. Such Wasted potential.
I guess you would rather have a pessimistic environment than an optimistic scenario. I have the right to say whatever I think would happen. That's what free speech means, something MassGuy has failed to understand time after time after time.
I don't think you understand. I'm not saying you don't have the right to make this TL the way you have (and I don't think MassGuy is saying that either), I'm saying I just don't enjoy it as much as I used to.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #1026 on: June 02, 2018, 04:16:24 PM »

What are the polls like?
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1027 on: June 02, 2018, 04:23:44 PM »

Oh, I know how it will end. By 2024, Rubio will leave office with a 90% approval rating, Republicans will have permanent supermajorities in Congress, and control the White House until the 2040's.

It will end when VP Haley assumes the Presidency becoming the first foreign Woman to do it on January 20th 2025.

And then maybe even UWS surprises us and creates a TL for her. Then you can go into hiding. Haha.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1028 on: June 02, 2018, 04:34:40 PM »

This Timeline. This poor timeline. It had such potential. Now look at it. Such a shame. Such Wasted potential.
I guess you would rather have a pessimistic environment than an optimistic scenario. I have the right to say whatever I think would happen. That's what free speech means, something MassGuy has failed to understand time after time after time.
I don't think you understand. I'm not saying you don't have the right to make this TL the way you have (and I don't think MassGuy is saying that either), I'm saying I just don't enjoy it as much as I used to.

MassGuy is just talking nonsense. I still enjoy it. I also enjoy "The Romney Admin TL" by Old School R. Election Night 2020 will have similar outcome than to 2016 by Old School over there I think. At least that looks like UWS's Plan.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1029 on: June 02, 2018, 04:38:20 PM »

Warner Brothers making a movie about Rubio? Yeah, this is just creepy at this point.

Also, no way Salazar would endorse Rubio, he'd endorse Sanders in a heartbeat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny6SJCNUzqY

Unlike Sanders, Salazar supports free trade and oil drilling just like Rubio does.

Your statement demonstrates how much you're an adversary of free speech (since you don't let me say what I think would happen without you trying to trash it) and how much you know absolutely nothing in American politics.
>Republicans gaining 11 seats in a Republican president's midterm including California

You're one to talk.

Let me remind you, Lyin' Massguy, that most of the senate seats the Democrats weredefending in '18 were in deeply conservative states like Montana, North Dakota, Indiana, Miouri and West Virginia. And let me remind you that Rice is pro-choice and is in favor of same-sex marriage, which helped her to attract independent voters in California. And let me remind you that the Republicans ran strong candidates in  Florida and Ohio with Rick Scott and John Kasich, which increased the Republicans' performance. And I need to remind you that in 2002, even under Republican George W. Bush, the Republicans increased their senate majority.

So don't lecture me about being realistic.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1030 on: June 02, 2018, 04:52:02 PM »

Warner Brothers making a movie about Rubio? Yeah, this is just creepy at this point.

Unlike Sanders, Salazar supports free trade and oil drilling just like Rubio does.

Your statement demonstrates how much you're an adversary of free speech (since you don't let me say what I think would happen without you trying to trash it) and how much you know absolutely nothing in American politics.
>Republicans gaining 11 seats in a Republican president's midterm including California

You're one to talk.

Let me remind you, Lyin' Massguy, that most of the senate seats the Democrats weredefending in '18 were in deeply conservative states like Montana, North Dakota, Indiana, Miouri and West Virginia. And let me remind you that Rice is pro-choice and is in favor of same-marriage, which helped her to attract independent voters in California. And let me remind you that the Republicans ran strong candidates in  Florida and Ohio with Rick Scott and John Kasich, which increased the Republicans' performance. And I need to remind you that in 2002, even under Republican George W. Bush, the Republicans increased their senate majority.

The president's party almost always loses seats in Congress; 2002 was an execption due to 9/11, 1998 was an exception due to the booming economy. Even in those cases, the president's party did not gain 11 seats or pickup a Senate seat in a solid state for the opposing party. Also, yes these are conservative states but the incumbents are popular there.

Also, this is nothing like the Romney Administration. That timeline is pro-Romney, but it doesn't paint him as the greatest president ever.

Really, over there President Romney has a JA of 74%. That's even higher than Rubios. Rubio had it over 70% only for a short Period of time (the first 3 months after he took Office) so don't lecture us. With that you are on ignore.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #1031 on: June 02, 2018, 04:56:38 PM »

So this is the standard of decorum that this timeline has dropped to.

Sigh.

This is a good TL, but for any person reading, it does look extremely unrealistic, to be completely honest. It is unprecedented for a movie studio to produce a movie about a president while they are still in office, and every person, no matter how great, does still have flaws. Rubio, unless I have missed something, appears to have very few flaws here.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #1032 on: June 02, 2018, 05:01:16 PM »

I am taking no side here; however, I will point out that free speech goes both ways. You have the freedom to make this timeline, and he has the freedom to trash it.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #1033 on: June 02, 2018, 05:16:38 PM »

hahahahahaha what even is this

Your statement demonstrates how much you're an adversary of free speech (since you don't let me say what I think would happen without you trying to trash it)

this isn't how free speech works
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1034 on: June 02, 2018, 05:46:23 PM »
« Edited: June 02, 2018, 05:58:40 PM by UWS »

You're one to talk.

Let me remind you, Lyin' Massguy, that most of the senate seats the Democrats weredefending in '18 were in deeply conservative states like Montana, North Dakota, Indiana, Miouri and West Virginia. And let me remind you that Rice is pro-choice and is in favor of same-marriage, which helped her to attract independent voters in California. And let me remind you that the Republicans ran strong candidates in  Florida and Ohio with Rick Scott and John Kasich, which increased the Republicans' performance. And I need to remind you that in 2002, even under Republican George W. Bush, the Republicans increased their senate majority.

The president's party almost always loses seats in Congress; 2002 was an execption due to 9/11, 1998 was an exception due to the booming economy. Even in those cases, the president's party did not gain 11 seats or pickup a Senate seat in a solid state for the opposing party. Also, yes these are conservative states but the incumbents are popular there.

Also, this is nothing like the Romney Administration. That timeline is pro-Romney, but it doesn't paint him as the greatest president ever.

Really, over there President Romney has a JA of 74%. That's even higher than Rubios. Rubio had it over 70% only for a short Period of time (the first 3 months after he took Office) so don't lecture us. With that you are on ignore.
That was only due to ISIS being taken out. Give it a couple months and it'll be down to high 50's at best.

It is also due not only to massive victories against ISIS but also to a booming growing economy. Don't apeak nonsense.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #1035 on: June 02, 2018, 05:58:31 PM »

Just Cease
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #1036 on: June 02, 2018, 05:59:02 PM »

having read the first five pages and the last five pages of this thread i can only conclude that the op is the biggest geek in the world

who also doesn't know how politics works
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #1037 on: June 02, 2018, 06:12:33 PM »

Don't let Losers And Haters get you down, UWS! I want you to see this thing through to the end. Smiley
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1038 on: June 02, 2018, 08:14:36 PM »

Don't let Losers And Haters get you down, UWS! I want you to see this thing through to the end. Smiley

Well said!
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #1039 on: June 02, 2018, 08:29:45 PM »
« Edited: June 02, 2018, 08:33:12 PM by YPestis25 »

Rubio has a 99% approval rating and will win every state and DC. If you disagree, you are violating my free speech.

Lay off UWS, good lord. If you don't like the tl, don't read it. And for goodness' sake, don't fill the board with your trolling mock threads.

I'll also echo Ted Bessel's post, keep it up!
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #1040 on: June 02, 2018, 11:20:34 PM »

What is with Matt Damon and playing people who aren't white? Geez...
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1041 on: June 02, 2018, 11:37:44 PM »

Hey, at least the pictures don't look so atrocious now
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1042 on: June 02, 2018, 11:45:26 PM »

What is with Matt Damon and playing people who aren't white? Geez...

Well, Al Pacino played a Cuban immigrant in Scarface despite being white.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1043 on: June 03, 2018, 06:27:02 AM »

What happened to the Warner Brothers movie?

It is only planned. I didn’t say the production started yet.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #1044 on: June 03, 2018, 11:59:15 AM »

One major question I have is how has Syria not become like Libya?
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #1045 on: June 03, 2018, 12:05:55 PM »

Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #1046 on: June 03, 2018, 12:17:01 PM »

P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #1047 on: June 03, 2018, 01:20:32 PM »

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1048 on: June 03, 2018, 02:40:55 PM »
« Edited: June 03, 2018, 03:32:23 PM by UWS »

I mean they faced each other during the third debate. If it's because my statement was not clear, I will modify it with pleasure to make it clearer.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1049 on: June 03, 2018, 02:47:27 PM »
« Edited: June 03, 2018, 03:10:50 PM by UWS »

One major question I have is how has Syria not become like Libya?

By first focusing on going after ISIS and defeating them and then toppling the Assad regime. One of the main reasons why Libya became chaotic is because the NATO allies didn't gave efforts to rebuild Libya and to train their new armed forces like they did in Afghanistan, but that's what the United States and their allies did in Syria in order to ensure stability there and to make sure there won't be a vaccuum. But there is still work to do to defeat the last remnants of ISIS jihadists in Syria
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 62  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies