The Kalwejt Foundation for the Promotion of Atlas Hilarity
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 04:59:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Kalwejt Foundation for the Promotion of Atlas Hilarity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 86
Author Topic: The Kalwejt Foundation for the Promotion of Atlas Hilarity  (Read 217040 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1525 on: November 03, 2019, 08:37:18 AM »

I’ve noticed young women my age will automatically block you, cut you off totally and permanently and consider you an unredeemable person if you differ even slightly from their views, and they refuse to accept any apologies, explanations or clarifications of possible misunderstanding.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1526 on: November 03, 2019, 03:14:59 PM »

Re: What happens when Florida goes underwater?

It blooms like an onion and gets thousand island dressing?  Ha.

The ante-Minnesota... sea of 10,000 islands.

Florida uses Scott paper towels, Minnesota uses Brawny or Bounty.

Florida:  wimpy wimpy wimpy

Minnesota:  HEFTY HEFTY HEFTY

Minnesota Man:  Paul Bunyan

Florida Man:  (goes without saying)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1527 on: November 03, 2019, 09:15:37 PM »

Look on the bright side of things.
We found an issue where Fuzzy and Ilhan Omar agree.

Developments like this cause me to doubt my own thinking.

I do wish to make clear that I believe atrocities happened in WWI, perpetuated by the Ottoman Empire, and I also believe that modern day Turkey acts like they know they happened.

My main issue is with "recognizing" it stems from the mischief that can be perpetuated through mechanisms such as the United Nations Human Rights Council.  The goals of this body are, indeed, high-minded and noble.  Its membership of 47 nations (having staggered terms) includes giants of human rights such as China, Egypt, Cuba, and Saudi Arabia (which have just rotated off), Somalia, Qatar, Pakistan (who are on now), and Libya, Mauritania, Sudan and Venezuela (which rotate on in 2020).  Ironically, Armenia rotates onto the Council in 2020, and that may be part of what's driving the timing of this resolution.

The Council has its "Special Rapporteurs".  The Special Rapporteur for the Occupied Palestinian Territories (that's his title) is Richard Falk, who actively works to create an equivilency between the Holocaust and Israeli control of the West Bank:

Quote from: Richard Falk
"Is it an irresponsible overstatement to associate the treatment of Palestinians with this criminalized Nazi record of collective atrocity? I think not."[

Itzhak Levanon, Israeli Ambassador to the UN, states this about Falk:

Quote from: Ambassador Itzhak Levanon
"[Falk] has taken part in a UN fact-finding mission which determined that suicide bombings were a valid method of 'struggle'. He has disturbingly charged Israel with 'genocidal tendencies,' and accused it of trying to achieve security through 'state terrorism'. Someone who has publicly and repeatedly stated such views cannot possibly be considered independent, impartial or objective."

I do not support resolutions in our Congress that have the potential to make more difficult our ability to conduct foreign policy.  There are some here that wish to manipulate the goodness of Americans to convince its leaders to support this, but the end result for America will be additional tensions between America and a nation that represents the seamier side of NATO, but which has been a critical ally for decades, and an ally against a nation (the former Soviet Union) with no basis for calling out anyone on anything to do with "Human Rights".  If allowed to, these bodies would forever call out the US as a "genocidal nation" for things that happened even before we were a nation (and I'm sure some here who hate America would cheer that).  Is that the way to a better World?  Somehow, I think not, but incredible naivete and rank anti-Americanism drive a degree of this issue.

Now I think that, going forward, we ought to do our due diligence in who we lock ourselves in with when it comes to alliances around the World.  There are, indeed, moral limits to the enemy of one's enemy being one's friend.  These are reasons why George Washington's warning against "entangling alliances" were prudent and insightful; our entangling alliance with Turkey (through NATO) does complicate our response today.  But I have a problem requiring a mea culpa from an ally that can frustrate our own foreign policy objectives in the World.  And I don't advocate Congressional action that will only yield problems down the road for the US from a UN body who's definitions of "human rights" are often laughable, and whose member nations own Human Rights record is pathetic.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1528 on: November 04, 2019, 01:57:40 AM »

BREAKING NEWS: Trump farts in an elevator! Listen to our panel of "experts" on how this elevator farting impacts Murican society for the next hour!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1529 on: November 06, 2019, 11:32:31 AM »

On Atlas, antisemitism is considered far worse than any form of racism, sexism or even homophobia.

Why is "homophobia" even bad?
You're hopeless.

You're saying that not only do you think homosexuality is unnatural/a mental illness/whatever, but that you HATE them?

He fears them. What if he sits beside a gay on a bus and catches cooties?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #1530 on: November 07, 2019, 08:19:28 AM »

It's too many people, to have IA and NH as make or break states. They dont represent the country. I have already warmed up to Biden, due to fact he can win Appalachia; whereas, Warren isnt. Biden just received an endorsement from a TX black Congressman😎
JOE BIDEN CAN WIN WEST VIRGINIA!
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1531 on: November 07, 2019, 07:55:27 PM »

Latino and Black men who are not paying their child support, would think twice about birth control.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1532 on: November 09, 2019, 12:45:39 PM »

wow can't believe OC has been milkshake ducked.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1533 on: November 10, 2019, 07:27:22 AM »

Atlas wouldn't be Atlas without BRTD and his threads, but:

Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1534 on: November 11, 2019, 09:53:47 AM »

Best post of 2019.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1535 on: November 12, 2019, 11:34:23 PM »

The context is Evo Morales getting forced out.

More proof that dictators cannot get a fair shake today, despite what the Western media would have you believe. The corporate media are bought by the same limp-wristed elites as the usurpers.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1536 on: November 13, 2019, 12:46:04 AM »

Trump bans coal then rapes a child on live TV.

Sir, this is a thread about what it would take to for dems to win WV, not Kanawha county.

This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1537 on: November 13, 2019, 10:03:39 AM »

Context:

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1538 on: November 16, 2019, 03:57:22 AM »

Alright, this megathread is live.

Title is subject to change (ideally I'd like to have a page number giving the most recent big story) but given there's some precedent for leeway with titles of megathreads, I'll leave it as is for now.

What does "Think of the billionaires" even mean?

I get the sense that it's supposed to be mocking people, like me and OSR, who think a wealth tax is unfair and outrageous because it would screw over billionaires by eliminating their wealth.

The implication is that, lol billionaires have it so good, so why am I wasting my time defending them?  Why am I upset that everyone else just wants to f**k them and steal tens of billions of dollars from them?

And going even further than "it doesn't matter if we f**k them, because they can take it" is a sentiment I've seen from some of the further-left posters on here, that "we SHOULD f**k them, for its own sake... because they deserve it."  At this point it's explicitly about revenge and completely disconnected from whatever good Warren claims she would do with the small amount of money a wealth tax would actually raise.

I'm not going to apologize for this, I think the justification given for the wealth tax is fundamentally immoral.  It's saying that you are going to take a group of people, an "other", and treat them totally unfairly, explicitly seek to harm them, ostensibly for marginal benefit (although the benefit isn't really the point), and the fact that they can deal with it makes it OK.

It's like saying, boy I hate WWE wrestlers, I'm going to make a crew to go beat them up with baseball bats and take their wallets.  It's OK because they're big tough guys so they can take the beating, and they're rich so they won't miss their wallets.  And don't worry, I'll give the money to starving orphans, so it's doing good.  Plus, wrestling sucks and they deserve it.

Oh lol John Cena said in an interview he thinks this policy is unfair?  Well of course he would say that, he's a WWE wrestler.  Let's make a website mocking him and call him a crybaby on Twitter!

I mean you could make this same argument about any out group!  Today it's billionaires, because turning people like Bill Gates into the hated enemy is Elizabeth Warren's MO.  Four years ago, it was immigrants who were the out group we were going to solve our problems by f**king.  In four years, who will it be?  I just hope it won't be Jews.

This is the root of Warren's appeal.  It's why I lost my respect for her.  She used to be an actual intellectual.  She was someone who had a reputation for digging into the nitty-gritty details of problems and figuring stuff out.  But as a presidential candidate, she's transformed into a rabid populist.  And all populism is based on an us-vs-them foundation.  To be a populist, you have to pick an out group, demonize them, blame them for all your problems, make policies targeting them, and claim only you have the real solution and everyone else is corrupt and bribed by the out group.  For Trump, it was immigrants.  For Warren, it's billionaires.

Nothing about this is clever or original.  It's a tired strategy that, to my neverending frustration, continues to work, even though history shows us time and time again that it's the road to disaster.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1539 on: November 16, 2019, 12:52:25 PM »

I consider Roger Stone to be a political prisoner.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1540 on: November 17, 2019, 08:25:25 PM »

If Rispone was European, he would be a liberal Democrat in America.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1541 on: November 18, 2019, 08:17:14 PM »

Horrible Name. Insanely tasteless. It'd be like if some Cambodian-American girl made a YouTube channel of makeup tutorials that she titled "Khmer Rouge".

Regarding the name "Young Turks"
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« Reply #1542 on: November 18, 2019, 08:18:00 PM »

Horrible Name. Insanely tasteless. It'd be like if some Cambodian-American girl made a YouTube channel of makeup tutorials that she titled "Khmer Rouge".

fhtagn has a makeup channel?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1543 on: November 18, 2019, 08:25:39 PM »

brb, gonna get that YouTube $$$
especially if it makes me the same as TYT
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1544 on: November 19, 2019, 10:31:24 AM »

GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #1545 on: November 19, 2019, 09:38:27 PM »

Colorado
Ted Kaczynski (G) - academic
Joaquin Guzman Loera (L) - businessman
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1546 on: November 20, 2019, 12:31:57 AM »

As the person buying the coins, or as the call center agent trying to sell the coins?

Amazingly, both

Maybe if the company was called Amerimetals.

Buy now and for every ten coins you buy, we'll give one to a Kenyan orphan.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1547 on: November 20, 2019, 08:35:58 AM »

I actually don’t think the Dems will have the votes for articles of impeachment.

Pelosi should cut her losses. The longer things goes on, the more humiliated she and her party will be. There’s no there, there.

This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1548 on: November 20, 2019, 02:45:54 PM »

context:

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1549 on: November 20, 2019, 07:14:32 PM »

brb, gonna get that YouTube $$$
especially if it makes me the same as TYT

What? Diddly PLUS squat? Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies