Sanders backers take over California Democratic Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 11:08:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Sanders backers take over California Democratic Party
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Sanders backers take over California Democratic Party  (Read 3166 times)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2017, 09:06:08 PM »

if tulsi gabbard is the future, i may prefer being the past.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2017, 09:08:31 PM »
« Edited: January 19, 2017, 09:10:51 PM by Chickenhawk »

Excellent news!  The same thing happened in Hawaii.  Get rid of all the corporatists NOW.

And Nebraska, nearly happened in Maine and it's in progress in WA.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2017, 11:07:35 PM »

Before anyone tries to claim that the party was already liberal, every top Democrat in the state endorsed Hillary in the primary. She got all the superdelegates. And the party declined to endorse 2012's Prop 39, a progressive tax which passed with 61% of the vote.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2017, 11:34:17 PM »

Why are people coming with ridiculous ideas? The idea is to get more people involved & expand the party not disillusion then. And the base is pretty aligned with Bernie's ideas in Marijuana, Climate Change, etc so this is no big deal.

Change never occurs top-down from Bernie alone but when people take over State Leg, State Senate, School boards, State parties blah blah!
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2017, 09:27:02 AM »

Before anyone tries to claim that the party was already liberal, every top Democrat in the state endorsed Hillary in the primary. She got all the superdelegates. And the party declined to endorse 2012's Prop 39, a progressive tax which passed with 61% of the vote.

Clinton was basically identical to sanders at that point.

Taking over parties through abuse of turnout in undemocratic caucuses shouldn't be celebrated.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2017, 10:00:17 AM »

Woo-hoo. Go all liberal all the time.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2017, 11:42:32 AM »

Where do liberals stand on how to cook their steaks?  Need to know what not to order tonight ... or do they reject steaks all together?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2017, 11:43:59 AM »

Where do liberals stand on how to cook their steaks?  Need to know what not to order tonight ... or do they reject steaks all together?
All vegan, all the time.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2017, 12:51:10 PM »

I have mine rare, with any sauce ideally being off to the side so I can choose whether or not to have it.  Its the environmentally friendly thing to do that; ensures that my perfectly cooked steak isn't ruined by whatever terrible sauce they have
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2017, 01:57:43 PM »

I have mine rare, with any sauce ideally being off to the side so I can choose whether or not to have it.  Its the environmentally friendly thing to do that; ensures that my perfectly cooked steak isn't ruined by whatever terrible sauce they have

Well, since we likely disagree on tax brackets, I will have to change how I order my food, naturally.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2017, 10:07:58 PM »
« Edited: January 20, 2017, 10:31:05 PM by ERM64man »

Clinton was basically identical to sanders at that point.

Taking over parties through abuse of turnout in undemocratic caucuses shouldn't be celebrated.
Will the California party end up replacing the primary with a caucus or convention with no preference vote like the Colorado GOP and Wyoming GOP?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2017, 11:28:54 PM »

Good.

Turn the whole Democratic Party over to the extreme leftist elements for all I care.

Makes it easier for Republicans to attract even more moderates.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2017, 02:37:42 PM »

Well, since we likely disagree on tax brackets, I will have to change how I order my food, naturally.

Naturally - if you need any other advice on things that you can't allow yourself to like anymore; let me know Wink
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2017, 10:22:02 PM »

If there's one thing liberals hate, its the taste of Alice Scarlet's delicious chicken sandwiches.
blacknwhiterose
Rookie

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2017, 01:18:39 PM »

I wonder if the moderate cubicle slaves in the silicon valley will still come out to vote if the Sanders/Warren wing takes over.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2017, 01:26:24 PM »

I wonder if the moderate cubicle slaves in the silicon valley will still come out to vote if the Sanders/Warren wing takes over.

It's not like we need them. The Democratic coalition is big enough that we can afford shedding some dead weight.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2017, 01:43:51 PM »

It's not like we need them. The Democratic coalition is big enough that we can afford shedding some dead weight.

Coalition building: alienating a culturally influential and decently sized part of your current coalition in an attempt to appeal to a less reliable group of rural whites that aren't even common in your state.

Apparently elitism and dismissive attacks on a group of people is okay if you don't like them.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2017, 01:45:43 PM »
« Edited: January 23, 2017, 01:56:35 PM by watermelon »

Coalition building: alienating a culturally influential and decently sized part of your current coalition in an attempt to appeal to a less reliable group of rural whites that aren't even common in your state.

Apparently elitism and dismissive attacks on a group of people is okay if you don't like them.

Look who's talking about elitism.  Give me a break.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2017, 01:49:02 PM »

Ya know, just because they're upscale doesn't mean they're not liberal.  They'll still vote for Sanders types.  People here act like "affluent" Whites are this coherent group that simply vote for whatever party appears more enlightened at the moment, LOL.  That is total BS.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2017, 02:07:11 PM »

Missing the point.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2017, 02:33:44 PM »

Missing the point.

I don't want to argue with you.  I hope you're happy with the libertarians.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2017, 02:52:43 PM »

Missing the point.

I don't want to argue with you.  I hope you're happy with the libertarians.

Have you read my sig?
blacknwhiterose
Rookie

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2017, 03:08:26 PM »

Well at least throw them a bone on their way out the door as a gesture of thanks -- perhaps a 3 months all-expenses-paid vacation packages to Colombia or the Philippines so they can get girlfriends/get away from their boring wives for a while?
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2017, 03:26:06 PM »

A good conservative man should only ever have his steak well-done. Flavor and juiciness are for fruits and pansies.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2017, 04:09:37 PM »

You don't build coalitions for the sake of building coalitions. You build coalitions to gain the power to change policies. Those who aren't on board with left-wing policies have no place in a left-wing coalition: seems pretty obvious to me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies