Eternal Sunshine of the Democratic Mind
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:57:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Eternal Sunshine of the Democratic Mind
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17
Author Topic: Eternal Sunshine of the Democratic Mind  (Read 54765 times)
mjwatts1983
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: January 17, 2018, 06:46:02 PM »

In addition to the presidential, are you going to do senate races and key house races? I’m not asking for all 435 House races (that’s insane) but just ones that highlights how the night is going. Maybe do a House popular vote vs. number of seats

I expect you will show what is going on the other news channels, especially Fox News.

And I’m curious who you have going against Gardner here in Colorado? I see a state legislator running against him and winning.

Keep the good work & hopefully you will continue this past Election 2020
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #301 on: January 17, 2018, 08:24:02 PM »

I'm more tense reading these updates than I was on Nov 8, 2016
MycroftCZ

« Reply #302 on: January 18, 2018, 10:02:24 PM »

King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #303 on: January 18, 2018, 10:41:59 PM »

When's the next update?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #304 on: January 19, 2018, 03:50:56 PM »

Roy
November 3rd, 2020
7:31 PM

Tonight was going to be a good night, Roy Cooper told himself. Donald Trump had just won West Virginia, but Ohio and North Carolina were too early and too close to call, respectively. Roy’s own reelection looked to be in very good shape, and he was looking likely to beat Republican Lt. Governor Dan Forest by a small but healthy amount. This wasn’t unexpected given the polling and now the exit polls as well. In the Senate race, Anthony Foxx was expected to perform somewhere between Harris and Roy, and their internal numbers pointed to victory over Thom Tillis. That would be one of the key Senate pickups of the night, along with possibly other key competitive races in Colorado, Montana, Maine, Arizona, and Georgia. It was still a nerve racking experience, however, watching to see whether Donald Trump would at last be defeated. Roy kept his eyes on the TVs at his election night party, watching as the votes accumulated in the states whose polls had closed, or in Florida’s case partially closed.

North Carolina - Too close to call
Ohio - Too early to call

Florida: 43% in, Harris 49%, Trump 49%
Virginia: 4% in, Trump 55%, Harris 42%
Georgia: 1% in, Trump 72%, Harris 25%
South Carolina: 1% in, Trump 50%, Harris 49%

Well that was a load of useless information, Roy concluded, regarding the results of Virginia, Georgia, and South Carolina. The early reporting in those states had extreme counting biases, but immediately he spotted some people reacting with shocked looks. What a bunch of bed wetters, Roy thought. Florida, on the other hand, was very interesting. Kamala Harris was leading with already nearly half of the vote reporting, though the margin was agonizingly close. Too close for her to end with a 4 point victory as predicted by the polling. Roy hoped that this slight under-performance was limited to Florida and not a nationwide occurrence. Even so, it would be very hard for Harris to lose if she won Florida, which provided Roy with some relief.

Donald Trump/Mike Pence - 24 Electoral Votes
Kamala Harris/John Hickenlooper - 3 Electoral Votes
Uncalled - 71 Electoral Votes
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #305 on: January 19, 2018, 03:58:24 PM »

Could my boy Jason Kander get a shoutout on election night??? Hopefully he or Stephen Webber is about to get elected governor of Missouri
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #306 on: January 19, 2018, 09:29:18 PM »
« Edited: January 19, 2018, 09:34:30 PM by Da2017 »

I'm feeling the suspense. I hope Harris wins. If she loses I'd be devastated if it was real life. Keep up the good work.
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #307 on: January 21, 2018, 12:12:12 AM »

When's the next update?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #308 on: January 21, 2018, 02:32:00 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2018, 12:53:37 AM by Castro »

Cory
November 3rd, 2020
8:14 PM

States were coming in fast now. The 8:00 PM closing time brought in wins for Harris in Connecticut, Delaware, DC, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and right here in New Jersey, where Cory Booker was preparing for his victory speech on his reelection. Meanwhile, Trump was projected to win Alabama, Oklahoma, and Tennessee. Maine, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Florida, Mississippi, and Missouri were all either too close to call or too early to call. Though Missouri was likely a non-starter at the presidential level, Cory made sure to keep an eye on the race for Governor, where incumbent Mike Parson was seeking a full term against Stephen Webber. As his team polished up the final draft of his speech, Cory turned on FOX News for fun to see how they were spinning the results. Immediately filling the screen was the pensive face of Bret Baier, who was talking split-screen with Stephen Miller from the Trump campaign.

“Just societies cannot survive when they abandon God, and we are proud of our voters that acknowledge this great truth tonight. The Kamala Harris campaign has all but abandoned God in it’s futile quest for the White House, and has run by far the dirtiest and ugliest campaign in American history."

“OK, well, she appears to be doing well in Florida at least by our numbers, which would be a major blow to the Trump campaign if she were to win there. Can you tell us what the feeling is like about Florida at Trump headquarters?”

“We are extremely confident about Florida, we have been aware of several malicious plots by the Harris campaign and the DNC to try their usual sneaky tactics relating to voter fraud, but we are monitoring all situations closely and we are not going to let them steal Florida.”

“I need to interrupt for a moment here because we have a couple of key states to call right now. We can project that Donald Trump is the winner in the state of South Carolina, as well as in the state of Mississippi.”

OK, that’s enough of that, Cory decided, pressing the mute button. God, what a tool that Miller guy was. Of all the people that had come and gone from Trump’s circle of advisers over the past four years, he couldn’t believe that that creep had stayed on. Cory looked back at the results that had come in so far.

Florida: 75% in, Harris 49%, Trump 48%
North Carolina: 51% in, Harris 49%, Trump 48%
Ohio: 27% in, Harris 54%, Trump 44%
Virginia: 25% in, Trump 53%, Harris 44%
Georgia: 4% in, Trump 69%, Harris 29%

His campaign manager had been in contact with someone from the Harris campaign not too long ago, and they were feeling very sure of a win in Florida. Their models weren't doing as well in some parts of the Midwest, but they were comfortable that it would be enough to fall back on Florida even if other states didn't pan out favorably. Cory Booker still couldn't help feeling like he should have been the one worrying about winning swing states, on track to becoming the next president. He was happy for Kamala, and he had faith in her that she would be a good leader, but he was also well aware of his own skills in leadership and policy. Maybe someday he’d have another chance.

Kamala Harris/John Hickenlooper - 75 Electoral Votes
Donald Trump/Mike Pence - 66 Electoral Votes
Uncalled - 129 Electoral Votes
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #309 on: January 21, 2018, 02:36:32 PM »

Oh that Ohio number actually looks...pretty good...
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #310 on: January 22, 2018, 12:52:35 AM »

Oh that Ohio number actually looks...pretty good...

If I remember correctly, it also looked good at the beginning in November 8th, 2016.
Also, omg... the suspense!
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #311 on: January 22, 2018, 03:30:49 PM »

When’s the next update?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #312 on: January 22, 2018, 03:46:46 PM »

When I post it.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #313 on: January 22, 2018, 06:22:06 PM »

Would love to see how the Democrats would react if Kamala loses ITTL, but I have a feeling that's probably not what's going to happen.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #314 on: January 22, 2018, 08:32:21 PM »

Would love to see how the Democrats would react if Kamala loses ITTL, but I have a feeling that's probably not what's going to happen.
I feel like Kamala is going to lose, followed by a BTM-style megalandslide in 2024 for the Democrats
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #315 on: January 23, 2018, 04:29:32 PM »

I disagree. I actually have a gut feeling that Castro has continued chaos in store.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #316 on: January 23, 2018, 06:27:42 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2018, 12:55:18 AM by Castro »

Amy
November 3rd, 2020
8:59 PM

Amy Klobuchar and Tina Smith had grown close over the past few months, and Amy now found herself in the backroom at Tina’s election night party. Al Franken remained a dear friend of Amy’s, but she hadn’t been able to talk privately with him since his scandal and resignation soon after the Democratic National Convention. She still didn’t feel right about what she and her Democratic colleagues had forced him to do, but there was no other way for it to end, not with so much at stake. They were the party of women, and they couldn’t afford to cede an inch to Donald Trump, a man who everyone suspected of having a history of sexual harassment and assault. Tonight, Tina Smith would likely win a full term, and they would be able to move on. On the presidential level, however, Amy had reason to be concerned.

Minnesota looked similar to Wisconsin and Michigan in the final polls and the exit polling, and although no votes had been reported yet, all three were reminding Amy of 2016. Based on what she had seen, black turnout was higher and their margins among non-college educated white voters weren’t as catastrophic, but victory was not certain. Everyone told her to just watch Florida if she got nervous, but even Florida might not be enough if Harris lost too much ground in other states. The top of the hour had come, and with it more states had closed.

Arizona - Too close to call
Colorado - Too early to call
Michigan - Too close to call
Minnesota - Too close to call
New Mexico - Too early to call
Texas - Too early to call
Wisconsin - Too close to call

There was nothing too unexpected in the projections, with Harris winning New York, and Trump taking North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Louisiana, Nebraska, and Wyoming. There were numbers everywhere and it all kept changing every moment. One minute they thought they knew something, and the next they might as well have been in a different country. Amy managed to convince herself to not worry about all these states, and looked away from the display of some of the results. She hoped that the Harris campaign had it under control.

Florida: 91% in, Harris 50%, Trump 48%
North Carolina: 69% in, Trump 49%, Harris 48%
Virginia: 68% in, Trump 50%, Harris 47%
Ohio: 37% in, Harris 49%, Trump 48%
Georgia: 29% in, Trump 61%, Harris 37%
New Hampshire: 12% in, Harris 54%, Trump 43%
Pennsylvania: 5% in, Harris 66%, Trump 31%

Kamala Harris/John Hickenlooper - 104 Electoral Votes
Donald Trump/Mike Pence - 99 Electoral Votes
Uncalled - 229 Electoral Votes
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #317 on: January 23, 2018, 07:49:08 PM »
« Edited: January 23, 2018, 08:37:07 PM by YPestis25 »

This is fantastic, Castro. Keep it up!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #318 on: January 23, 2018, 08:19:59 PM »

Looks like at least Alabama, New York, North Dakota, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Vermont swung towards Harris.
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #319 on: January 24, 2018, 09:44:45 AM »

Hoping Harris doesn't lose the election and win the popular vote as the Electoral College will be in the ashtray.

I'm nervous like on November 8th, 2016.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #320 on: January 24, 2018, 10:39:57 AM »

Imagine Oprah singing "Let the Sunshine In" in between bouts of hysterical laughter as a menacing Gale King awaits in the backdrop with a bottle of champagne, Stedman cowering in the corner nearby - on the TV? Kamala's concession speech.
Duke of York

« Reply #321 on: January 24, 2018, 12:24:22 PM »

Loving this timeline though Virginia is making me nervous. I hope Kamala Harris is the nominee and wins the election in this timeline
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #322 on: January 24, 2018, 12:49:26 PM »

Loving this timeline though Virginia is making me nervous. I hope Kamala Harris is the nominee and wins the election in this timeline

Fairfax County clearly hasn't reported yet.
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #323 on: January 24, 2018, 08:43:20 PM »

Please post an update soon.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #324 on: January 24, 2018, 09:13:46 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17