Eternal Sunshine of the Democratic Mind
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 11:59:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Eternal Sunshine of the Democratic Mind
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17
Author Topic: Eternal Sunshine of the Democratic Mind  (Read 54886 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: January 29, 2018, 08:07:30 AM »
« edited: January 29, 2018, 05:10:45 PM by Castro »

Steve
November 3rd, 2020
11:56 PM

Steve Bannon's friends played a little drinking game in between state projections. Harris wins Nevada. Drink. Trump wins Iowa and Georgia. Shots. To be honest, Steve Bannon was surprised that Donald Trump had lasted as long as he did. A year ago, he would have thought that there was no way he could have won the nomination for a second term and have a reasonable chance at winning reelection. Be it resignation, impeachment, or the 25th amendment, he had been sure something would have taken Trump down. Apparently Trump had Robert Mueller’s lengthy investigation to thank for that. Though Mueller had always remained a cloud over Trump’s head, the indictments and bombshells came at a trickling pace. For one thing, Mueller hadn’t even indicted Don Jr. yet, for which there was plenty. Maybe Trump had been saved by the timing of Mueller’s appointment. Trump originally intended to fire Jim Comey in May of 2017, but Steve had somehow talked him out of it.

It wasn’t until early 2018 after Steve had left the White House that Comey was actually fired, sparking the Mueller appointment. If Mueller had arrived sometime in 2017 instead, maybe things would have been different and Trump wouldn’t be president right now. Eventually, Steve Bannon would always be proven right. He won that campaign for Donald Trump, and look how far he had gotten without him. Trump was by all accounts a failure, and was possibly about to become the first president to lose reelection since that pervert HW in 1992. At least all those treasonous moronic adult babies could be gone soon too, especially those idiots Jared and Ivanka. Still, Steve harbored little ill will over the greasy, money laundering, philandering, crackpot swine that had outlasted him in the White House. After all, Harris was leading at the moment in enough states to win, and soon all those monkeys would be gone.

Pennsylvania: 86% in, Harris 49%, Trump 48%
New Hampshire: 76% in, Harris 50%, Trump 47%
Wisconsin: 75% in, Trump 49%, Harris 47%
Minnesota: 72% in, Harris 49%, Trump 46%
Maine: 68% in, Harris 50%, Trump 46%
Michigan: 64% in, Harris 49%, Trump 48%
Arizona: 61% in, Harris 49%, Trump 49%

It could have been great. The life and death of the globalist cucks, Steve thought, as he remembered the good times he and his coworkers shared at Breitbart during the height of the 2016 Trump campaign. Now, Trump would either emerge from this election battered beyond repair and likely to be removed almost immediately, or the country would learn nothing and go for Kamala Harris. They’ll never learn, and that is why they will always fail, Steve concluded.

Kamala Harris/John Hickenlooper - 244 Electoral Votes
Donald Trump/Mike Pence - 215 Electoral Votes
Uncalled - 76 Electoral Votes
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #351 on: January 29, 2018, 10:15:00 AM »

I think I've got a prediction for how this'll end up.

I'm probably very wrong but here.

http://www.270towin.com/maps/gkAm9

Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #352 on: January 29, 2018, 10:49:14 AM »

I think I've got a prediction for how this'll end up.

I'm probably very wrong but here.

http://www.270towin.com/maps/gkAm9

And then a GOP elector defects because Trump is crazy and Harris wins the popular vote by 5 million and we get the election thrown into the House??
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #353 on: January 29, 2018, 02:17:41 PM »

If Trump takes PA, WI, MI, AZ (winning or within 1% in all mentioned), he would be at 272. Wow this is intense.
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #354 on: January 29, 2018, 03:01:47 PM »

Trump now must run the table.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #355 on: January 29, 2018, 07:03:32 PM »

Those PA numbers certainly look solid for the President. I remember Clinton holding a similar lead that slowly dwindled late into the night, with Trump finally taking the state as I went to bed. Tongue
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #356 on: January 29, 2018, 10:38:54 PM »

I really want to know what happens next, can you please make another update soon?
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #357 on: January 29, 2018, 10:41:00 PM »

I really want to know what happens next, can you please make another update soon?

Keep doing this, every time you post a request for an update on this page it makes Castro write about 10% faster
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #358 on: January 30, 2018, 03:02:58 PM »

Stefany
November 4th, 2020
1:16 AM

15 minutes ago, Stefany Shaheen had been very worried. In addition to critical battleground states, Minnesota, Maine, and New Hampshire remained uncalled as Tuesday turned into Wednesday. She began to fear that a protracted recount battle across several states was inevitable, and that the country would be damaged even more than it already was. But then the dominoes began to fall, and one by one they filled her and Democrats everywhere with confidence and relief. While Trump carried Alaska, they got their key wins in Minnesota and most of Maine. More importantly, they swept the great state of New Hampshire, winning at the presidential level while holding the open Senate seat and maintaining Shaheen’s governorship. After her victory speech, Stefany called Senator-elect Chris Pappas to congratulate him on his big win as well. In her neighboring state of Maine, Chellie Pingree was celebrating her gain of Susan Collins’ open seat.

Combined with Jared Polis’ win in Colorado, Democrats now had enough projected seats to take the majority in the Senate if Harris won the presidency. Bullock and Foxx were looking very good in their races as well, and their victories would provide Democrats with 52 seats. Shaheen didn’t know what was going on in particular House races, but her team said that Democrats were just a few seats away from taking the majority, with about a dozen close races still uncalled. If everything worked out tonight, they could have it all. They could make everything right again, but first Harris had to win one more state.

Pennsylvania: 92% in, Trump 49%, Harris 49%
Wisconsin: 81% in, Trump 50%, Harris 47%
Michigan: 73% in, Harris 49%, Trump 48%
Arizona: 65% in, Harris 49%, Trump 49%

More knowledgeable people on the matter, as in the election nerds on her campaign at the victory party, were feeling optimistic overall. They said it was very unlikely that Harris would lose all four of the remaining states, and that at the very least Harris would win one of them.

Though there was still just 73% reporting, her cartographer comrades felt best about Michigan. Apparently, the Republican areas had reported more of their results than the Democratic areas so far, meaning that Harris' margin was likely to hold or grow. She felt like she had heard something like that four years ago, but any good news was good news, and she gratefully accepted their verdict.

Kamala Harris/John Hickenlooper - 261 Electoral Votes
Donald Trump/Mike Pence - 218 Electoral Votes
Uncalled - 59 Electoral Votes
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #359 on: January 30, 2018, 03:09:01 PM »

Damn, this is tense. I'm starting to have a bad feeling, from Stefany's sunny attitude.
MycroftCZ

« Reply #360 on: January 30, 2018, 03:39:27 PM »

Damn, this is tense. I'm starting to have a bad feeling, from Stefany's sunny attitude.

She's happy... Too happy.
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #361 on: January 30, 2018, 03:41:03 PM »

Stefany
November 4th, 2020
1:16 AM

15 minutes ago, Stefany Shaheen had been very worried. In addition to critical battleground states, Minnesota, Maine, and New Hampshire remained uncalled as Tuesday turned into Wednesday. She began to fear that a protracted recount battle across several states was inevitable, and that the country would be damaged even more than it already was. But then the dominoes began to fall, and one by one they filled her and Democrats everywhere with confidence and relief. While Trump carried Alaska, they got their key wins in Minnesota and most of Maine. More importantly, they swept the great state of New Hampshire, winning at the presidential level while holding the open Senate seat and maintaining Shaheen’s governorship. After her victory speech, Stefany called Senator-elect Chris Pappas to congratulate him on his big win as well. In her neighboring state of Maine, Chellie Pingree was celebrating her gain of Susan Collins’ open seat.

Combined with Jared Polis’ win in Colorado, Democrats now had enough projected seats to take the majority in the Senate if Harris won the presidency. Bullock and Foxx were looking very good in their races as well, and their victories would provide Democrats with 52 seats. Shaheen didn’t know what was going on in particular House races, but her team said that Democrats were just a few seats away from taking the majority, with about a dozen close races still uncalled. If everything worked out tonight, they could have it all. They could make everything right again, but first Harris had to win one more state.

Pennsylvania: 92% in, Trump 49%, Harris 49%
Wisconsin: 81% in, Trump 50%, Harris 47%
Michigan: 73% in, Harris 49%, Trump 48%
Arizona: 65% in, Harris 49%, Trump 49%

More knowledgeable people on the matter, as in the election nerds on her campaign at the victory party, were feeling optimistic overall. They said it was very unlikely that Harris would lose all four of the remaining states, and that at the very least Harris would win one of them.

Though there was still just 73% reporting, her cartographer comrades felt best about Michigan. Apparently, the Republican areas had reported more of their results than the Democratic areas so far, meaning that Harris' margin was likely to hold or grow. She felt like she had heard something like that four years ago, but any good news was good news, and she gratefully accepted their verdict.

Kamala Harris/John Hickenlooper - 261 Electoral Votes
Donald Trump/Mike Pence - 218 Electoral Votes
Uncalled - 59 Electoral Votes
From these results it looks like Trump will definitely take Wisconsin, and probably Pennsylvania as well. My gut also tells me Trump will pull it out in Arizona due to the large amount of votes outstanding their which are probably in Republican areas of Mericopa county, together that gives Trump 261 Electoral Votes (I’m assuming he wins ME-02 and NE-02), leaving Michigan as the state which will decide the election, and considering that Kamala Harris was probably able to get more Black turnout then Hillary, my prediction is that she wins Michigan for a 277-261 victory in the Electoral College.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #362 on: January 30, 2018, 03:43:15 PM »

This thread always has my adrenaline pumping. I'm so anxious to see the final result, come on Michigan! I'll gladly take a Harris win in any one of these though.
MRX
Rookie
« Reply #363 on: January 30, 2018, 05:05:08 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2018, 05:07:29 PM by MRX »

Please let Kamala win! Don't tease us and snatch it away!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #364 on: January 30, 2018, 07:37:39 PM »

This is heading towards 2000 all over again.
Edgeofnight
EdgeofNight

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.09

« Reply #365 on: January 30, 2018, 11:06:37 PM »

Based on the title of this TL, and the movie said title alludes to, I have a feeling this isn't gonna end the way we expect it.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #366 on: January 31, 2018, 03:35:47 PM »

David
November 4th, 2020
2:05 AM

A series of events that took place 10 minutes earlier led to a decision that could make them all look very stupid. Over in their private hotel suite, David Urban had been talking to Donald Trump, his sons, Ivanka Trump, and Hope Hicks. They needed something, anything to hold on to as they teetered on the edge of defeat, and then their prayers were answered.

With a victory in Wisconsin, they were still alive, at least for the moment. Michigan, Arizona, and Pennsylvania were still counting and remained very close contests. After a brief discussion, they collectively decided that there was going to be too much uncertainty tonight to concede, and that they would send someone down to talk to the crowd about the delay. Unfortunately for David Urban, it was also decided that he would be the one to speak to them.

Now, David was making his way to the stage as he got a phone call. He had requested that people only call him in the event of an emergency or a projection, so he took the call with earnest.

“David, I have some news.” David held his breath. “We’re projected to win the Maine 2nd and Nebraska 2nd districts,” his aide on the phone continued.

Woopty f**king doo, David thought. Those two rinky dink electoral votes probably weren’t going to count for sh*t. Michigan and Arizona still looked pretty rough, and they would need to win both of them even if they did manage to hold Pennsylvania. One more loss, and it would all be over. David hung up and started to walk onto the stage.

I look like an asshole, David concluded. Was this how John Podesta felt? Christ, this was going to be brutal. David began his lead up to the crowd, explaining how they didn’t think there would be a winner declared tonight, when a flash on the TVs caught David’s eye. He glanced at the closed captioning scrolling across the bottom of the screen. His eyes widened as the words processed in his brain.

“We have a major projection to make now, because...”
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #367 on: January 31, 2018, 03:39:21 PM »

Goddammit don't cut us off like that!
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #368 on: January 31, 2018, 04:04:28 PM »

Woopty f**king doo, David thought. Those two rinky dink electoral votes probably weren’t going to count for sh*t.
This leads me to have a hunch that they absolutely will count for sh*t

Also,
Goddammit don't cut us off like that!

(Still love this TL anyway)
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #369 on: January 31, 2018, 04:20:06 PM »

I hate you right now
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #370 on: January 31, 2018, 04:26:12 PM »

Please give us another update soon, it’s not fair to leave us in suspense like that.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #371 on: January 31, 2018, 04:34:15 PM »

Castro you legend this is a perfect way to get me to be refreshing this page for the next 4 hours.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #372 on: January 31, 2018, 04:35:09 PM »

Muh Hart. Muh sole.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04