Hindsight Is 2020
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:43:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Hindsight Is 2020
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Author Topic: Hindsight Is 2020  (Read 36940 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: February 07, 2017, 05:02:14 PM »
« edited: February 07, 2017, 05:41:09 PM by Kingpoleon, Never The Best/Worst Poster »

ALLITERATIONS ALWAYS: KYLE KULINSKI'S DOUBLE-TALK DEBATE: BOOKER BIAS
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #226 on: February 07, 2017, 05:22:16 PM »

Looking forward to reading it! Cheesy
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #227 on: February 08, 2017, 05:28:40 PM »

Wow. That debate got ugly.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #228 on: February 08, 2017, 06:01:28 PM »

Tuesday, March 17th, 2020
Super Tuesday 3 & Knuckles

Florida Primary Vote Count/Delegate Allocation:
Sen. Baldwin: 39% - 96 Delegates
Sen. Brown: 33% - 82 Delegates
Sen. Warren: 22% - 57 Delegates

Sen. Booker: 6%
(235 Pledged, 11 Unpledged)

Illinois Primary Vote Count/Delegate Allocation:
Sen. Brown: 37% - 71 Delegates
Sen. Baldwin: 36% - 69 Delegates
Sen. Booker: 15% - 33 Delegates

Sen. Warren: 12%
(173 Pledged, 9 Unpledged)

North Carolina Primary Vote Count/Delegate Allocation:
Sen. Warren: 36% - 46 Delegates
Sen. Booker: 30% - 39 Delegates
Sen. Brown: 22% - 30 Delegates

Sen. Baldwin: 12%
(116 Pledged, 4 Unpledged)

Ohio Primary Vote Count/Delegate Allocation:
Sen. Brown: 65% - 110 Delegates
Sen. Warren: 17% - 39 Delegates

Sen. Baldwin: 14%
Sen. Booker: 4%
(149 Pledged, 6 Unpledged)

Missouri Primary Vote Count/Delegate Allocation:
Sen. Brown: 42% - 39 Delegates
Sen. Booker: 30% - 27 Delegates
Sen. Warren: 16% - 16 Delegates

(80 Pledged, 4 Unpledged)

Americans Abroad Primary Vote Count/Delegate Allocation:
Sen. Warren: 43% - 6 Delegates
Sen. Brown: 31% - 4 Delegates
Sen. Booker: 16% - 3 Delegates

Sen. Baldwin: 10%
(13 Pledged, 0 Unpledged)

American Samoa
Northern Mariana Islands

Americans Abroad
Guam
US Virgin Islands

Senator Sherrod Brown: 752 Delegates
Senator Elizabeth Warren: 485 Delegates
Senator Tammy Baldwin: 454 Delegates
Senator Cory Booker: 378 Delegates
Unpledged: 261 Delegates
  • 113 Superdelegates
  • 148 Delegates won by Senator Al Franken
4,707 Delegates
2,330 Allocated
2,382 To Win

Now, who said I was in trouble? Who said this wasn’t going to be our night? Our voice is loud and clear. They can hear the cries of the people, and they are terrified of us!

Elizabeth Warren may have fallen further behind in the delegate count, and she may have lost more than she won tonight, but she beat her polls in North Carolina by an astounding degree, winning a race she was expected to only get third in. Of course, she wasn’t the only one celebrating.

Sherrod Brown got his large Ohio win, but he also scored wins in Illinois and Missouri, cementing his hold on the Midwest and taking home a win in the South. Tammy Baldwin got a sizeable Florida win that put her within striking distance of Elizabeth Warren.

Cory Booker, on the other hand, wasn’t as lucky.

Next time: Do I even need to say it?
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #229 on: February 08, 2017, 06:17:51 PM »

Tuesday, March 17th, 2020
Super Tuesday 3 & Knuckles

Florida Primary Vote Count/Delegate Allocation:
Sen. Baldwin: 39% - 96 Delegates
Sen. Brown: 33% - 82 Delegates
Sen. Warren: 22% - 57 Delegates

Sen. Booker: 6%
(235 Pledged, 11 Unpledged)

Illinois Primary Vote Count/Delegate Allocation:
Sen. Brown: 37% - 71 Delegates
Sen. Baldwin: 36% - 69 Delegates
Sen. Booker: 15% - 33 Delegates

Sen. Warren: 12%
(173 Pledged, 9 Unpledged)

North Carolina Primary Vote Count/Delegate Allocation:
Sen. Warren: 36% - 46 Delegates
Sen. Booker: 30% - 39 Delegates
Sen. Brown: 22% - 30 Delegates

(116 Pledged, 4 Unpledged)

Ohio Primary Vote Count/Delegate Allocation:
Sen. Brown: 65% - 110 Delegates
Sen. Warren: 17% - 39 Delegates

Sen. Baldwin: 14%
Sen. Booker: 4%
(149 Pledged, 6 Unpledged)

Missouri Primary Vote Count/Delegate Allocation:
Sen. Brown: 42% - 39 Delegates
Sen. Booker: 30% - 27 Delegates
Sen. Warren: 16% - 16 Delegates

(80 Pledged, 4 Unpledged)

Americans Abroad Primary Vote Count/Delegate Allocation:
Sen. Warren: 43% - 6 Delegates
Sen. Brown: 31% - 4 Delegates
Sen. Booker: 16% - 3 Delegates

(13 Pledged, 0 Unpledged)

American Samoa
Northern Mariana Islands

Americans Abroad
Guam
US Virgin Islands

Senator Sherrod Brown: 752 Delegates
Senator Elizabeth Warren: 485 Delegates
Senator Tammy Baldwin: 454 Delegates
Senator Cory Booker: 378 Delegates
Unpledged: 261 Delegates
  • 113 Superdelegates
4,707 Delegates
2,330 Allocated
2,382 To Win

Now, who said I was in trouble? Who said this wasn’t going to be our night? Our voice is loud and clear. They can hear the cries of the people, and they are terrified of us!

Elizabeth Warren may have fallen further behind in the delegate count, and she may have lost more than she won tonight, but she beat her polls in North Carolina by an astounding degree, winning a race she was expected to only get third in. Of course, she wasn’t the only one celebrating.

Sherrod Brown got his large Ohio win, but he also scored wins in Illinois and Missouri, cementing his hold on the Midwest and taking home a win in the South. Tammy Baldwin got a sizeable Florida win that put her within striking distance of Elizabeth Warren.

Cory Booker, on the other hand, wasn’t as lucky.

Next time: Do I even need to say it?

I think you mean that Cory Booker is about to drop out of the race, right?
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #230 on: February 08, 2017, 06:41:42 PM »

Looks like we're going to have an intense 3-way race all the way to the D.C. Primary. But well... I'll leave the commentary to Tal Schneider Tongue
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #231 on: February 08, 2017, 06:46:58 PM »

Interesting stuff. I'd be interested to know who is receiving endorsements from whom.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #232 on: February 09, 2017, 10:20:56 AM »

There's going to be a proper update tonight, but for right now I'd like to take a moment to address a point of interest from Buckeye.

Interesting stuff. I'd be interested to know who is receiving endorsements from whom.

Endorsements are a part of the primary process that I haven't really gotten into much, but behind the scenes they really have shaped the successes and failures of the candidates. Tammy Balwin's successes in Florida, Texas, and Nevada come in part from her endorsements from immigration activist communities, as well as Senators like Martin Heinrich and Catherine Cortez-Masto. Her most priminent surrogate, however, is Governor Russ Feingold.

Elizabeth Warren's gotten the endorsement from MoveOn.org as the supposed heir to Bernie's progressive movement. (though it's a bit more complicated than that) She also has support from the fallen candidates Kate Brown, Maria Cantwell, and Tammy Duckworth, and is the first choice of Emily's List, Senator Amy Klobuchar, Senator Ed Markey, and Senator Chris Murphy. There's also talk that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is rooting for Warren, though for obvious reasons neither Warren nor Clinton would want to broadcast that information.

Sherrod Brown has mostly locked up support from the midwest, winning endorsements from Governor Tim Ryan, Governor Debbie Dingell, Senator Gary Peters, Governor Tom Wolf, Senator Bob Casey, Iowa Governor Michael Fitzgerald, etc. By this point he has the most politician endorsements. He also has support from many labor unions, including United Steelworkers and the AFL-CIO. He also has endorsements from a couple moderate Dems, them being Jon Tester and Claire McCaskill.

Bernie Sanders has not made an endorsement, presumably because he is fond of, and would be satisfied with, all of the current top three.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #233 on: February 09, 2017, 07:04:50 PM »

Wednesday, March 18th, 2020
Hungry for Power Games: Cory Out of the House

Yes, yes! Welcome to the Hungry for Power Games! Tributes, assemble! Oh, so few remain. There’s enough to have one for every finger on one of Donald Trump’s tiny, tiny hands. And today, we just lost the thumb.

We put everything we had into this campaign. And while we didn’t get the outcome we desired, I couldn’t be more proud of my team for what they’ve accomplished.

Stephen Colbert:
Yes, New Jersey Senator and clone of Obama made in a vat Cory Booker couldn’t be prouder of his team, for taking the young, charismatic, African-American Senator with all the right ties to the establishment, and turning him into a failed candidate. So sad! So sad! While Cory Booker lost Iowa and New Hampshire, he was supposed to make his comeback in the Southern Firewall, only to find too late that Sherrod Brown had doused it. While Cory Booker won five states, they were narrower than expected, and states he should have won fell out of his grasp. It just proves that no matter how young, charismatic, and handsome you are, it doesn’t matter, if nobody is willing to vote for you.

Look at him in the last debate while Kyle Kulinski was on his tail about importing medicine. That is the face of a man who is currently being slaughtered. Even the other candidates can’t believe what’s doing on. Look at their faces; Brown’s says “He’s coming for me next,” Baldwin’s says “Does anybody else see this?” and Warren’s says “I’m feasting tonight!”

Don’t get me wrong, he was already dying. His campaign was bleeding, and his polling was infected, and at the end of the day, perhaps he got the best thing he could have gotten: a quick and merciful end. Let us bid farewell, to the fallen.

THE FALLEN
CORY BOOKER
DISTRICT: MEWTWO

Next time: Another debate! A relative yawnfest compared to the last one, but still!
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #234 on: February 09, 2017, 09:22:22 PM »

did Kander endorse anyone?
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #235 on: February 10, 2017, 01:25:49 AM »

"District Mewtwo." Love it.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #236 on: February 12, 2017, 04:23:14 PM »

Clip from Secular Talk's show on March 19, 2020. Title: Booker Drops Out

Okay, so we had the debate the other night, and apart from John Avlon who just seems to support whatever candidate takes Wall Street money the most; it was pretty well received. Who do I think won it? No-one. I asked question the candidates should've been able to answer, and instead what we got were defenses of securities & investments industry donations; defenses of SuperPACs, and opposition to single-payer healthcare. This was on a Democratic stage too; imagine what the Republicans would be like!

But still we had another withdrawal lately. That was . . . Cory Booker.

So you guys know I'm practically over the f***ing moon about this. Cory Booker represented the last gasp of the Clinton-Obama Democrats to keep control of the party; it was their last stand. And it failed. So now we have three progressives all competing for the nomination.

Let's be absolutely clear: I liked Cory Booker when he was Newark's Mayor. He did a lot of progressive things. That changed when he got to the Senate, as we all know. This is a guy who publicly defended BAIN F***ING CAPITAL! HOW MUCH MORE OF A G**DAMNED RED FLAG DO YOU NEED!? HE TAKES SPECIAL INTEREST MONEY BY THE F***ING TRUCKLOAD!

So yeah, really happy that he did drop out, 'cause now we have three progressives left in the race, and it looks to be a good one. Who's going to win? Very tentatively, I'd say Sherrod Brown. That said, Elizabeth Warren and Tammy Baldwin are right on his tail. Should we worry about a contested convention? Like I said on Stephen Colbert's show not that long ago, we start worrying if there's no clear frontrunner after New York. Now the New York primary isn't that far away, and as I always do, I'll tell you guys who I voted for.

But yeah, great day to be a progressive American.
NeederNodder
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -7.28

« Reply #237 on: February 12, 2017, 06:23:30 PM »

I can't wait till the NY primaries.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #238 on: February 12, 2017, 06:55:34 PM »

Great work guys, I'm looking forward to the general election. And wow, Secular Talk is insufferable even in a fictional format.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #239 on: February 12, 2017, 07:15:00 PM »

Here's a quick update on the consequence of Booker's withdrawl before we get back to debates and states voting and all that jazz.

A few months ago, on behalf of the Congressional Black Caucus, I said I was very impressed with both Cory Booker and Sherrod Brown, and that I would make a definitive endorsement at a later point. That later point is now; starting today, the Congressional Black Caucus will give its endorsement for President to Senator Sherrod Brown.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #240 on: February 12, 2017, 10:36:38 PM »

And wow, Secular Talk is insufferable even in a fictional format.
go away
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #241 on: February 13, 2017, 08:04:31 PM »

Saturday, March 21st, 2020
The Eleventh Democratic Primary Debate

Only three candidates remained. Elizabeth Warren, the liberal lion. Sherrod Brown, the Kasich-killer. Tammy Baldwin, the Northern champion. On this debate stage in Phoenix, Arizona, these three Presidential candidates stood, ready to prove to the world that they have what it takes to lead this country.

The topic of the debate this time? At first it was tax policy. There wasn’t much to separate the candidates on this issue, however. Nobody dared defend the Trump tax changes, everybody proposed cutting taxes on the middle class and poor, restoring deductions that Trump culled, and raising taxes on the rich. All standard Democratic policy plans.

The debate then moved to climate change. Everyone wanted a move to renewals, and a redoubled effort to slow the effects of climate change before it would be too late.

Sherrod Brown:
This could be our only chance. If we get four more years of Trump’s energy policies, we might not be able to prevent a global catastrophe no matter how hard we try.

The thing is, all three candidates at this point were liberal firebrand senators. And there was one candidate too many for the kind of back-and-forth you see in events like the Clinton-Obama debates in 2008 or the Clinton-Sanders debates in 2016. The debate came and went without incident, which brings us to…

Next time: More states vote!
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #242 on: February 15, 2017, 09:09:56 PM »

Tuesday, March 24th, 2020
Super Tuesday For 3DS and Super Tuesday For Wii U

(Author’s note: because there are only 3 candidates remaining, and we’re more likely to have everyone receive delegates from a primary, starting now I will bold only the winner of each state, rather than everyone who gets delegates)

Arizona Primary Vote Count/Delegate Allocation:
Sen. Baldwin: 45% - 35 Delegates
Sen. Brown: 35% - 27 Delegates
Sen. Warren: 20% - 16 Delegates
(78 Pledged, 3 Unpledged)

Idaho Primary Vote Count/Delegate Allocation:
Sen. Brown: 60% - 16 Delegates
Sen. Warren: 23% - 6 Delegates
Sen. Baldwin: 17% - 4 Delegates
(26 Pledged, 1 Unpledged)

Utah Primary Vote Count/Delegate Allocation:
Sen. Warren: 40% - 14 Delegates
Sen. Brown: 33% - 12 Delegates
Sen. Baldwin: 27% - 10 Delegates
(36 Pledged, 1 Unpledged)

Alaska Primary Vote Count/Delegate Allocation:
Sen. Brown: 67% - 14 Delegates
Sen. Warren: 23% - 5 Delegates
(19 Pledged, 1 Unpledged)

Hawaii Primary Vote Count/Delegate Allocation:
Sen. Warren: 57% - 16 Delegates
Sen. Baldwin: 26% - 7 Delegates
Sen. Brown: 17% - 5 Delegates
(28 Pledged, 3 Unpledged)

Washington Primary Vote Count/Delegate Allocation:
Sen. Warren: 66% - 74 Delegates
Sen. Baldwin: 18% - 20 Delegates
Sen. Brown: 16% - 18 Delegates
(112 Pledged, 6 Unpledged)

American Samoa
Northern Mariana Islands

Americans Abroad
Guam
US Virgin Islands

Senator Sherrod Brown: 844 Delegates
Senator Elizabeth Warren: 616 Delegates
Senator Tammy Baldwin: 530 Delegates
Unpledged: 654 Delegates
  • 128 Superdelegates
  • 378 Delegates won by Senator Cory Booker
4,707 Delegates
2,644 Allocated
2,382 To Win

Elizabeth Warren won most of the states here, allowing her to help close the delegate gap, though she still has a long way to go. Sherrod Brown retains his delegate lead, and as for Tammy Baldwin, it seems she isn’t benefitting as much from Cory Booker’s absence as she wants to. She only got a single win, in Arizona, and there isn’t much favourable turf left for her. She’ll need a large, headline-grabbing victory soon if she wants to stay competitive.

Next time: Tammy Baldwin’s best chance for salvation: her home state.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #243 on: February 17, 2017, 06:54:57 PM »

Monday, April 6th, 2020

Why am I here in Wisconsin? I’m here to introduce the man who I hope appears on the same ballot as me in November, the man who I know will win my state and yours, the next President of the United States, Sherrod Brown!

Wisconsin, you’re famous for giving your children a second wind when they look down for the count. You did it for me, and now I’m asking you to do it again, for my friend and the next President of the United States, your Senator, Tammy Baldwin!

Wisconsin is special; it doesn’t have a Tuesday primary with several other states. Its primary is this Thursday, and it gets the spotlight all to itself. All three campaigns have been throwing themselves at this state, holding rallies, having town halls, and bringing their surrogates. Sherrod Brown brought his newest endorser, Governor Roy Cooper, while Baldwin went to rallies with Wisconsin’s comeback kid, Governor Russ Feingold.

Now, the other home states have delivered impressive wins for their favourite sons. Franken in Minnesota, Brown in Ohio, Warren in Massachusetts. However, Wisconsin is different. Perhaps in Super Tuesday 1 or 2 it would have behaved similarly, but by this point, it’s not so simple.

If the Wisconsin Primary Were Held Today, Who Would You Vote For?
Sen. Baldwin: 32%
Sen. Brown: 31%
Sen. Warren: 15%

Polls are picking up a large number of undecided voters. On one hand, Tammy Baldwin is their Senator, elected twice by the state’s voters. On the other hand, she’s in last place in the delegate count, and the current frontrunner is Sherrod Brown, a Senator from a nearby state who’s well-liked in Wisconsin. Does the state want to change up the dynamics of the race, or are Wisconsin Democrats satisfied with their frontrunner? We’ll find out soon.

Next time, however, we go to Washington for Breaking News
You don't see any blue avatars now
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #244 on: February 17, 2017, 07:01:29 PM »

The same ballot, eh? Could Good Boy Roy be Veep?
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #245 on: February 17, 2017, 07:02:46 PM »

The same ballot, eh? Could Good Boy Roy be Veep?

The reasoning for Roy's comment is that he's running for re-election as Governor in 2020, and thus would share a general-election ballot with the Presidential candidate. However, they could be on the ballot together in a different way Wink
You don't see any blue avatars now
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #246 on: February 17, 2017, 07:19:09 PM »

Sherrod/Roy is still a possibility. Wink
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #247 on: February 18, 2017, 04:54:39 AM »

Go Baldwin!
jburnx2
Rookie
United States

« Reply #248 on: February 20, 2017, 05:26:02 PM »

Could I replace my Chuck Todd role with John Oliver?
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #249 on: February 20, 2017, 07:44:28 PM »

Could I replace my Chuck Todd role with John Oliver?

Go right ahead! I'll edit the claims post! (and theres an update coming in a few minutes)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies