Sanoturm/Guiliani ticket - who can beat them if Santorum wins PA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 07:37:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Sanoturm/Guiliani ticket - who can beat them if Santorum wins PA
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Sanoturm/Guiliani ticket - who can beat them if Santorum wins PA  (Read 4661 times)
MissCatholic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 09, 2005, 05:16:01 AM »
« edited: July 09, 2005, 05:19:50 AM by Frustrated MissCatholic »

Dick Morris thinks that Hillary Clinton can lose PA but will still win NY and NJ (despite Guilaini on the ticket). Morris thinks Hillary will win NV, OH, IA, NM and could even pullout FL (Santorum very vocal over Schiavo case). Do you believe him..

I dont. If Santorum wins his state. Bayh, Warner, Clinton cannot beat them

What Morris' state map looks like with Clinton running against Santorum/Guiliani

MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 06:19:53 AM »

If Clinton gets the nomination I would think that Nevada, Colorado and definitly West Virginia would easily be in Santorum's column. If Bayh or Warner got it it might be like that map. Same with Florida.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005, 03:57:23 PM »

This is pretty unrealistic, since given his ego, Giuliani choosing to run as VP is pretty much nil.

Flip it around and it becomes more reasonable (ie, Giuliani-Santorum), though I doubt that anyone would ever try and run a two-Catholic member ticket ever and I still doubt that Santorum survives 2006..
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 04:22:15 PM »

And I should listen to anything that Dick Morris says, why?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2005, 07:02:35 PM »

I think Hillary can still win PA.  Santorum is toast in the Southeast and he needs us to win PA.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2005, 03:46:16 AM »

No way would Santorum pick somone as liberal as Rudy as his VP & no way would Rudy pick someone like Santorum as his VP.  They both have very strong views, very cocal & are polar opposites on abortion & gay rights as well as many other social issues
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2005, 09:02:01 PM »

I think Hillary can still win PA.  Santorum is toast in the Southeast and he needs us to win PA.

You're delusional.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2005, 09:59:47 PM »

You're delusional.

Well, it's true, most of the population lives there, an I doubt they like him very much. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2005, 10:00:34 PM »

You're delusional.

Well, it's true, most of the population lives there, an I doubt they like him very much. 

They don't like him but if Santorum can beat Bob Casey in 2006, he can easily take the state against Hillary.
RJ
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2005, 10:59:16 PM »

I don't think Clinton wins Ohio or Iowa. I will go out on a limb, however, and say she could win either Missouri, Arkansas, or even Louisiana. Colorado is 50-50.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2005, 10:18:24 AM »

You're delusional.

I agree.  The fact is, many people do like Santorum.  I doubt even 45% of the population agrees with him politically, but he is a great campaigner.  Many people (not including me) see him as the Common Man, so they have a favorable opinion of him.  I used to underestimate him, but know I believe he will be a formidable opponent to Casey (though Casey still has an advantage) and could easily beat Hillary (if he wins reelection).
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2005, 12:43:10 PM »

You're delusional.

I agree.  The fact is, many people do like Santorum.  I doubt even 45% of the population agrees with him politically, but he is a great campaigner.  Many people (not including me) see him as the Common Man, so they have a favorable opinion of him.  I used to underestimate him, but know I believe he will be a formidable opponent to Casey (though Casey still has an advantage) and could easily beat Hillary (if he wins reelection).

Well, thank you, True Dem. I know that there are a number of Democrats out there that think the same way but wouldn't dare tell members of their party that Santorum is stronger than they think. Good for you, True Dem.
danwxman

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2005, 01:49:49 PM »

Santorum would never choose Guiliani for VP.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2005, 01:32:11 PM »

Well its official Bayh, Clinton or Warner would landslide in against the S/G ticket...

Why? Because, every prediction Dick Morris makes is wrong!
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2005, 04:05:30 AM »
« Edited: July 16, 2005, 04:17:05 AM by Flyers2006 »

You're delusional.

You are absoultely right, but Santorum has oodles of cash to make him sound like the "common man" <LMAO>.  If Allyson Schwartz won against Col. Klink in 2000 in the Dem primary, you could be rest assured EMILY's List $$$ along with the Southeast would have axed Little Dicky in favor of Schwartz who surprisingly to your dismay Phil is a moderate, not Barbara Boxer. 

Yeah Phil, I know you're thinking "yep he's delusional."  Well, just ask Melissa Brown how she did against a woman who profited from an abortion clinic in supposedly "solidly pro-life" Northeast Philadelphia.  Yep, and you and I know that was on anti-Schwartz literature and her child(ish) website "RadicalAllyson.com."  Wasn't that 23 point loss a kick in the groin there buddy?  Please, keep saying "liberals like Schwartz won't beat conservatives like Toomey" and that everyone is somehow in love with these Catholic children of ex-Democrats picked up their bootstraps and became wealthy extremist Republicans (Santoomey, Hart, et al.).  I actually disdain those assholes more than Bush.   
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2005, 07:45:29 PM »

You're delusional.

You are absoultely right, but Santorum has oodles of cash to make him sound like the "common man" <LMAO>.  If Allyson Schwartz won against Col. Klink in 2000 in the Dem primary, you could be rest assured EMILY's List $$$ along with the Southeast would have axed Little Dicky in favor of Schwartz who surprisingly to your dismay Phil is a moderate, not Barbara Boxer. 

Schwartz is a moderate. I'll respond to that when I'm done laughing...

And if Schwartz was the nominee against Santorum in 2000, the southeast would have been better for the Dems but kiss every last conservative Dem goodbye in the rest of the state!

You must be logged in to read this quote.

If the abortion issue was made more of an issue, do you think Schwartz would have gotten to 60%? No! Brown had a "childish" website? Remember SleazyMelissa brought to you by the Schwartz campaign?

I love when you get in these pissy moods. "Wasn't that a kick in the groin, buddy?" Hey, is Brendan liking the job at McDonald's?

Schwartz in PA 13 and Schwartz statewide are very different, pal. You'll see that in 2010 but you'll never learn.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2005, 11:07:14 PM »

You're delusional.

Yeah Phil, I know you're thinking "yep he's delusional."  Well, just ask Melissa Brown how she did against a woman who profited from an abortion clinic in supposedly "solidly pro-life" Northeast Philadelphia.  Yep, and you and I know that was on anti-Schwartz literature and her child(ish) website "RadicalAllyson.com."  Wasn't that 23 point loss a kick in the groin there buddy?  Please, keep saying "liberals like Schwartz won't beat conservatives like Toomey" and that everyone is somehow in love with these Catholic children of ex-Democrats picked up their bootstraps and became wealthy extremist Republicans (Santoomey, Hart, et al.).  I actually disdain those assholes more than Bush.   

Santorum won twice statewide for Seante, so no he actually doesn't "need" southeast you guys.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2005, 12:08:28 AM »

Santorum won twice statewide for Seante, so no he actually doesn't "need" southeast you guys.

In all fairness, without the SE in 2000 (which he did win), it would have been close. However, I don't think he did all that well here in '94 yet won the seat.

Some of the arrogant people that reside in the same area as I do continue to make the SE look bad when they make it seem like we are the only people that matter. A candidate does not need to SE to win. But here's some advice: Keep saying what you're saying, Flyers. While you make some people (like myself) look bad as a resident of SE PA, you help the GOP. Lock up the west for us, please. Make your foolish comments. Maybe we can get Eddie to make a slip up like that, too. You only destroy yourself.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2005, 01:08:44 AM »

In all fairness, without the SE in 2000 (which he did win), it would have been close. However, I don't think he did all that well here in '94 yet won the seat.

Some of the arrogant people that reside in the same area as I do continue to make the SE look bad when they make it seem like we are the only people that matter. A candidate does not need to SE to win. But here's some advice: Keep saying what you're saying, Flyers. While you make some people (like myself) look bad as a resident of SE PA, you help the GOP. Lock up the west for us, please. Make your foolish comments. Maybe we can get Eddie to make a slip up like that, too. You only destroy yourself.

Granted a candidate doesn't need the SE to win, however a candidate needs to do somewhat respectable in the SE in order to win, something Santorum might not be able to do anymore
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2005, 02:31:46 AM »

Granted a candidate doesn't need the SE to win, however a candidate needs to do somewhat respectable in the SE in order to win, something Santorum might not be able to do anymore

Thank you!  The GOP will always be respectable in the SE, but it is rapidly slipping from them.  And don't think the West will be "locked up" just yet Phil.  Remember, there will always be economic populists in PA that will vote accordingly.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2005, 04:03:41 PM »

Thank you!  The GOP will always be respectable in the SE, but it is rapidly slipping from them.  And don't think the West will be "locked up" just yet Phil.  Remember, there will always be economic populists in PA that will vote accordingly.

The west is locked up. How does Rendell possibly overcome his problems there? They weren't all that crazy about him in 2002 and now he's going save himself when only 25% of voters in just the southwest want him again? You're done out west.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2005, 06:03:58 PM »

The west is locked up. How does Rendell possibly overcome his problems there? They weren't all that crazy about him in 2002 and now he's going save himself when only 25% of voters in just the southwest want him again? You're done out west.

The population in the SE where Rendell has the support is quite a bit higher than the West minus Pittsburgh where he doesn't.  Not to mention his opponents are pretty weak.  Out of those in PA who would go for Santorum or Rendell's seat, Casey is the strongest opponent, followed by Hafer, then you have someone like Swan, who really doesn't have much of a chance.  Casey is a real strong opponent, Hafer is a fairly stong opponent, no one after that on really either side is that strong of an opponent.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2005, 06:07:50 PM »

With Santorum at the top pretty much any dem will win.
Put Giuliani there and almost no dem will win.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2005, 06:41:47 PM »

You're a funny guy.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2005, 11:45:51 PM »

Hafer would do  better against Santorum than anyone in the GOP being thrown around to take on Rendell would do against Rendell
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies