jfern on London Terrorist Attacks
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 02:18:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  jfern on London Terrorist Attacks
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: jfern on London Terrorist Attacks  (Read 11574 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2005, 11:18:23 PM »

Maybe it wasn't even terrorists who did it. What if Tony Blair purposely staged a terror attack in order to gain more support and make himself look like a hero?

dont take me for a quack for what i said! and jfern it's not Bush's fault. Maybe it wasnt even the quaeda! but we're meant to believe that w/ staged tapes, and responsibility videos!

http://www.infowars.com/articles/sept11/former_mi5_agent_911_was_inside_job.htm

I hope you really don't believe that stuff.
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: -3.15, S: -0.82

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2005, 11:19:48 PM »

Maybe it wasn't even terrorists who did it. What if Tony Blair purposely staged a terror attack in order to gain more support and make himself look like a hero?

dont take me for a quack for what i said! and jfern it's not Bush's fault. Maybe it wasnt even the quaeda! but we're meant to believe that w/ staged tapes, and responsibility videos!

It's just an speculation! not that i unquestioningly believe anything
TX_1824
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.06, S: 2.17

« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2005, 11:20:46 PM »

Oh, God. An Alex Jones desciple. This guy comes on the community access channel in Austin. He's out of his mind, but always a good laugh.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2005, 11:23:21 PM »

That's not even speculation. It's just plain stupidity.
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix

« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2005, 11:25:27 PM »

I told you I take all possible speculations, not just listen to the news and unquestioningly believe what they told me! I mean, they lied about the pentagon on 9/11! how could a plane that HUGE leave a hole that small, and a neat 12ft diameter hole pierced through 3 concentric rings???
TX_1824
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2005, 11:27:49 PM »

I told you I take all possible speculations, not just listen to the news and unquestioningly believe what they told me! I mean, they lied about the pentagon on 9/11! how could a plane that HUGE leave a hole that small, and a neat 12ft diameter hole pierced through 3 concentric rings???

Those people and that plane must have disappeared. I've sean Close Encounters of the Third Kind. It could happen.
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2005, 11:34:03 PM »

Those people and that plane must have disappeared. I've sean Close Encounters of the Third Kind. It could happen.

OMG IT WAS TERRORISTS?!! OMG NOOOOO!!
TX_1824
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2005, 11:45:11 PM »

I guess the notion of satire is lost on you.

By the way, if your going to reference something, don't reference Alex Jones. He is not a very credible source, to say the least, and I'm being nice.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2005, 11:49:17 PM »

I was there, and it was larger that 12 feet.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2005, 11:52:34 PM »

However, after the WTC bombing, the only terrorist attack on US soil was the right-wing Oklahoma City bombing. Bottom line, what did Bush to fight terrorism before 9/11? If you were rational, and not partisan, you'd listen to what people like Richard Clarke have to say.

Ah, let's see, he let the terrorists into the country.  Oh, wait, that was Clinton. 

BTW, the Embassies are US soil; so technically was the USS Cole.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2005, 11:56:54 PM »

However, after the WTC bombing, the only terrorist attack on US soil was the right-wing Oklahoma City bombing. Bottom line, what did Bush to fight terrorism before 9/11? If you were rational, and not partisan, you'd listen to what people like Richard Clarke have to say.

Ah, let's see, he let the terrorists into the country.  Oh, wait, that was Clinton. 

BTW, the Embassies are US soil; so technically was the USS Cole.

An embassy in Africa is a bit different from US soil in North America for logisical reasons.

Anyways, just because they're already in the US doesn't mean we can't catch them. We caught one of the 9/11 hijackers (except that obviously he couldn't participate) in August 2001. An FBI investigator concluded that he wanted to fly a plane into the World Trade Center. He was from Saudi Arabia. They wanted to investigate some more, but someone in the WH told the FBI: Saudi Arabia is our ally, we don't investigate allies.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2005, 04:20:27 AM »

Can you idiots please stop acting like I condone the acts?

WE are the idiots? WE didn't start this totally inappropriate thread!

Neither did I. I just made some random comment, but Pope PD decide that it needed it's own thread. Take it out on Pope PD.

You made a decidedly political comment, not a random one, in a thread that was being used by Brits for the most part to gather information regarding what was going on as quickly as possible. We didn't have time to be trawling through the inevitable crap that would ensue from your post, and thus your comments, and its replies were moved from the thread to ensure that the thread continued to serve the purpose it was.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2005, 07:52:12 AM »

Anyways, just because they're already in the US doesn't mean we can't catch them. We caught one of the 9/11 hijackers (except that obviously he couldn't participate) in August 2001. An FBI investigator concluded that he wanted to fly a plane into the World Trade Center. He was from Saudi Arabia. They wanted to investigate some more, but someone in the WH told the FBI: Saudi Arabia is our ally, we don't investigate allies.

Actually, he hadn't concluded that this was the target or that he was part of a group.  Under law enforcement procedures, the FBI couldn't get a court order to go into their computers.  Now, we can ask why President Clinton didn't press for stronger laws permitting searches of arrested suspects.

I agree that we could have caught them when in the country, especially during those months in 2000, when Clinton was president.

Now, should we blame Clinton for not catching all of this?  IMO, no; nobody really expected this broad type of attack.  Should be blame Clinton for a weak response against al-Qaeda after WTC I, the embassy bombings, and the USS cole.  My answer there is yes.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2005, 10:40:33 AM »
« Edited: July 08, 2005, 10:42:56 AM by MODU »

Uh . . . pardon me . . . excuse me . . . I work just across the street from the Pentagon.  Anyone who believes a plane DID NOT hit the Pentagon has their head squarely shoved up their ass.  The plane not only hit the Pentagon, but it hit the helo pad just before it, and clipped off the street lights before that, and caused over 200 eye witnesses to rush to their appartment and office windows to see what the hell the loud engine noise as the plane passed over the buildings before that.

And it wasn't 12 feet either.  It took out a whole wall section.  Shall I go home and grab my photo's for you?  They are nice 4x6 glossy's.  I can easily scan them in if it makes you happy.

Possible speculation my ass.  (insert all the swear words you know of right here)
Blue Rectangle

Political Matrix
E: 8.50, S: -0.62

« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2005, 05:36:50 PM »

If you were rational, and not partisan, you'd listen to what people like Richard Clarke have to say.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sounds like Clarke had a lot of good ideas that Clinton "tabled" for more than two years.  Bush acted on some of those ideas within weeks of taking office.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies