Trump Bombshell Speculation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 06:38:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump Bombshell Speculation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Trump Bombshell Speculation  (Read 8814 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2016, 02:53:44 PM »
« edited: October 29, 2016, 02:55:26 PM by Jacobin American »

June 2016 video of Trump saying he plans to nuke Mecca during his first day as President

Trump calling Obama the n-word, and/or Hillary the c-word, on video

Video of Trump talking about how he's fooling all the Republicans and how fast he'll dump them once in office

I doubt that'd turn anyone against Trump who wasn't already against him, honestly.

I agree. N-word, C-word, B-word, whatever (this is starting to sound like Betsy McCaughey), won't affect anyone's perceptions any further. Has to be something of substance.

I agree about the C and B-word, but the N-word is a whole nother ball game.

I actually have to disagree. While that'd normally end anyone's political career beyond anything Trump has yet done or been accused of doing, I seriously doubt he'd lose any more voters than at his worst polling points. My bet is that almost all that'd remain either use that word themselves or don't object to its use.

The worst revelations possible for Trump would either be him joking about how his campaign wasn't serious or that he personally paid for an abortion.
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2016, 02:53:52 PM »

Yep, fair enough. I suspect the excellent Mr Farenthold is ploughing his own furrow.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2016, 02:57:25 PM »

Did any of the big Trump stories that dropped this past year have pre-warnings like this?

Anyway, if it's going to restore the previous pro-Clinton trajectory, it probably has to be at or close to levels of the Access Hollywood tape - something that can reset public opinion almost instantly, considering people are voting en masse now. Audio, video or picture required. Though I imagine a full copy of Trump's tax returns for one or more years would be good, especially if it showed a ton of shady-looking stuff. However, the previous story on his taxes kind of reduces the "shock value" of such a story.

Taxes could be too complex for Americans (no offence, lol). Schemes and laws...

Audiu or video [picture Huh] is required as you say, but I really doubt that tape would need any "teaser prelude" on goddamn Twitter. So I think they don't have any [tapes], but they are in searching (it's Trump, so they might succeed Cheesy).
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2016, 02:58:54 PM »

At this point, who cares? Trump has enough scandals and has spewed enough garbage during this election cycle to fill a book. A BIG book.

Just get this guy outta here yesterday!
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2016, 03:00:31 PM »

As a none-American, can someone explain to me why would the n-word harm Trump so much? I mean, most African Americans are already voting Clinton and those who don't hate her or love him too much to change it, I assume. Abortion sounds more devastating for his base (and would pretty much hand Utah to McMullin on a silver platter).
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2016, 03:00:40 PM »

Video of Trump talking about how he's fooling all the Republicans and how fast he'll dump them once in office

That would probably help more than hurt.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2016, 03:01:17 PM »

yeah anything trashing Republicans might even help Trump with Republicans.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2016, 03:03:58 PM »

Taxes could be too complex for Americans (no offence, lol). Schemes and laws...

Right - it's more about the story the taxes tell. If it's just a lot of stuff that isn't particularly bad but makes Trump look like a greedy plutocrat, then it's basically a non-story. In fact, if it reveals that he indeed has paid zero taxes, it might get play for a day and that's it, because we already know he hasn't paid much federal tax.

There would have to be really suspect connections to real shady companies or people or whatever. I can't think of every juicy scenario, but you get what I mean.

Audiu or video [picture Huh] is required as you say, but I really doubt that tape would need any "teaser prelude" on goddamn Twitter. So I think they don't have any [tapes], but they are in searching (it's Trump, so they might succeed Cheesy).

Well that's what I am wondering - as some have said, if it needs hype, it's probably not that big. It could be, but every time I have seen some "new big Trump story" hyped on Twitter, it turned out to be weak.

It seems that damaging tapes do exist, at least from The Apprentice, but it still seems unlikely that any of those will see the light of day before Nov 8th.  I guess I wouldn't rule out some sort of leaked vid/audio of him, but I doubt it'd be getting hyped on Twitter like you said.
BoAtlantis

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2016, 03:07:29 PM »

People overestimate the N-word. Trump supporters would love him even more if he said that. They would just defend him by saying everyone has said something at home that they wouldn't say in the public.

It would have to be something less defensible like kicking a homeless man.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2016, 03:09:29 PM »

People overestimate the N-word. Trump supporters would love him even more if he said that. They would just defend him by saying everyone has said something at home that they wouldn't say in the public.

He'd probably surge in Appalachia with an N-word tape.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2016, 03:11:31 PM »

Yep.  It would get a lot of news coverage, but it wouldn't change that many votes.  Paying for an abortion  would be much worse with his base.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2016, 03:14:55 PM »

Haha, you made my day Cheesy
BoAtlantis

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2016, 03:15:09 PM »

He'd probably surge in Appalachia with an N-word tape.

I grew up in NC and I can attest that you're correct.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2016, 03:17:55 PM »

This is all a bunch of noise. Leak the tapes already or just keep quiet about it. What to Democrats hope to gain from repeating "it's coming ... it's coming..." like some damned mantra, self-reassurance?
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2016, 03:18:33 PM »

Yep.  It would get a lot of news coverage, but it wouldn't change that many votes.  Paying for an abortion  would be much worse with his base.
Are you kidding me? It would set Hillary's base on fire. We would see >80% turnout among Black and additional swing towards Clinton among educated Whites.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2016, 03:20:11 PM »

This is all a bunch of noise. Leak the tapes already or just keep quiet about it. What to Democrats hope to gain from repeating "it's coming ... it's coming..." like some damned mantra, self-reassurance?

"Democrats" is a weird way to describe Wilson and Luntz. At any rate, I don't get what they're after with this either.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2016, 03:20:27 PM »

It would also depend on the context of Trump using the n-word.
BoAtlantis

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2016, 03:20:38 PM »

Yep.  It would get a lot of news coverage, but it wouldn't change that many votes.  Paying for an abortion  would be much worse with his base.

When there was a rumor that Melania was an illegal immigrant, did his supporters care? No. I'm not sure if even abortion would hurt him significantly. Anything related to policies that make him look hypocritical really wouldn't hurt him much.

The average American swing voter doesn't care too much about policies. They care about emails, grope-gate, tax returns; anything that changes the image of the candidate.

IMO, he would have to do something that would get the average swing voter sick to his stomach. Also, how media present it is just as important as the substance of the scandal.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2016, 03:23:39 PM »

Are you kidding me? It would set Hillary's base on fire. We would see >80% turnout among Black and additional swing towards Clinton among educated Whites.

I think those groups (especially African-Americans) already view Trump as someone likely to use that term, especially given the history of his rental discrimination case.  But you're probably right that it would be likely to fire up AA turnout, which is one area where it looks like she significantly lags behind Obama.
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2016, 03:23:58 PM »

This thread is showing its absurdity by the fact that in the space of two pages we've gone from N-word to Trump killing a puppy on camera (or whatever).

I don't think there is anything, despite what we hear from NeverTrump Republicans indulging in wishful thinking.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2016, 03:25:36 PM »

This thread is showing its absurdity by the fact that in the space of two pages we've gone from N-word to Trump killing a puppy on camera (or whatever).

I don't think there is anything, despite what we hear from NeverTrump Republicans indulging in wishful thinking.

Pointless speculation is one of the principal hobbies on this forum. Smiley

(And jumping at conclusions is practically an Olympic sport.)
Fusionmunster

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2016, 03:26:08 PM »

I dont think Luntz is a never Trump.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2016, 03:26:47 PM »

There would have to be really suspect connections to real shady companies or people or whatever. I can't think of every juicy scenario, but you get what I mean.
IDK. If there is some connection to some mighty people/companies/countries, I am pretty sure that those connections are well hiden. = too complex for average voter and takes time to create narrative and put it in voters' heads.

Something simple, like Trump being "bankrupt" (=loser), would probably work, but I really doubt that Trump is "bankrupt".
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2016, 03:27:35 PM »

This forum has a whole subforum called "Presidential Elections What-ifs". Ya think we wouldn't have a long discussion about three tweets?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2016, 03:27:46 PM »

I think Luntz is very frustrated because he is something of a Republican hack - but to his credit he's being honest in what his focus groups and numbers show.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies