Trump Bombshell Speculation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 06:21:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump Bombshell Speculation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Trump Bombshell Speculation  (Read 8813 times)
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 29, 2016, 02:23:29 PM »
« edited: October 29, 2016, 02:31:34 PM by LimoLiberal »

So we now have two sources confirming that they're will be some sort of Trump scandal story being released sometime next week

Rick Wilson in this set of tweets: https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/792212396202876928

And Frank Luntz in these tweets: https://twitter.com/FrankLuntz/status/792360215291138055
                                                https://twitter.com/FrankLuntz/status/792372537975902209

Note the second one, which indicates he knows about a specific big story coming out next week.

I trust Frank Luntz a lot more than Rick Wilson on this thing, as Rick Wilson has been hinting at it for three weeks with nothing really to show.

So, discuss. Will there even be a bombshell? What will it be? Will anybody care?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 02:25:08 PM »

Ralston, too:

"With the uncertainty of the new email revelations – and more October Surprises surely on the way – here’s what the data tells us".

If nothing else, it is a curious bunch of talk. I wonder what they know, or think they know.

http://www.ktnv.com/news/ralston/the-nevada-early-voting-blog
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 02:25:49 PM »

It really depends on the type of material evidence it is and how scandalous it will be to his constituents and whatever voters are still on the fence.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 02:26:16 PM »

Only one Luntz Tweet there, but from that one alone, I'm not sure he's discussing anything specific, so much as saying bad news drops seem to come on a weekly basis
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 02:26:49 PM »

I can't tell if Luntz is actually hinting at anything or just saying that there is always another Trump scandal popping up.

Unless it's something like the N word, I don't know what will hurt him.  The sexual comments are already out there, so more of those won't do much.  Talking about Russia/Putin?  Most Americana are more outraged by sex/bad language I would think. 
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 02:27:39 PM »

Only one Luntz Tweet there, but from that one alone, I'm not sure he's discussing anything specific, so much as saying bad news drops seem to come on a weekly basis

Yeah, that's just as likely for all of them. Weird that it's on all of their minds, but not that weird.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2016, 02:29:38 PM »

Hopefully it's something substantive. While I don't think Comeygate is a devastating October surprise like the desperate Trump sheep, if the headlines change to a Trump controversy or even anything unrelated to emails it will help keep her on track.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2016, 02:30:01 PM »

I think Luntz is clearly saying he knows about a specific story dropping next week. See this tweet:

https://twitter.com/FrankLuntz/status/792372537975902209

"There's a particularly big one coming next week".
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 02:31:33 PM »
« Edited: October 29, 2016, 02:34:57 PM by Blue3 »

June 2016 video of Trump saying he plans to nuke Mecca during his first day as President

Trump calling Obama the n-word, and/or Hillary the c-word, on video

Video of Trump talking about how he's fooling all the Republicans and how fast he'll dump them once in office
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2016, 02:33:20 PM »

There has been persistent rumors that it might have something to do with a mistress, and possibly abortion, but thats all speculation. But it definitely seems like something Trump would do.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2016, 02:35:28 PM »

There has been persistent rumors that it might have something to do with a mistress, and possibly abortion, but thats all speculation. But it definitely seems like something Trump would do.

An abortion would probably be the single most damaging thing that could come out, but it would have to be a recording of Trump.  Words on paper won't do it.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2016, 02:35:44 PM »

I'm a fan of the theory that it will have something to do with trump paying/forcing/threatening a mistress to have an abortion.

Or him saying the n-word.

Either of those would be fatal.
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2016, 02:38:33 PM »

I'm not buying any of this, but that could just be pessimism on my part. I've certainly never had much time for Luntz, and Wilson's teasing has not yet yielded anything of substance AFAIK.
They not like us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2016, 02:39:48 PM »

Please be the n-word.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2016, 02:39:54 PM »

Wilson is usually full of hot air, Luntz on the other hand...
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2016, 02:41:48 PM »

I'm not buying any of this, but that could just be pessimism on my part. I've certainly never had much time for Luntz, and Wilson's teasing has not yet yielded anything of substance AFAIK.

Me neither, but I like to speculate about it.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2016, 02:43:03 PM »

June 2016 video of Trump saying he plans to nuke Mecca during his first day as President

Video of Trump talking about how he's fooling all the Republicans and how fast he'll dump them once in office

I doubt that'd turn anyone against Trump who wasn't already against him, honestly. Except the last one, of course.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2016, 02:43:45 PM »

Did any of the big Trump stories that dropped this past year have pre-warnings like this?

Anyway, if it's going to restore the previous pro-Clinton trajectory, it probably has to be at or close to levels of the Access Hollywood tape - something that can reset public opinion almost instantly, considering people are voting en masse now. Audio, video or picture required. Though I imagine a full copy of Trump's tax returns for one or more years would be good, especially if it showed a ton of shady-looking stuff. However, the previous story on his taxes kind of reduces the "shock value" of such a story.
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2016, 02:44:32 PM »

I doubt that'd turn anyone against Trump who wasn't already against him, honestly.

I agree. N-word, C-word, B-word, whatever (this is starting to sound like Betsy McCaughey), won't affect anyone's perceptions any further. Has to be something of substance.
Fargobison

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2016, 02:46:28 PM »

The abortion speculation would definitely be a bombshell, watching the fallout from something like that would be insane.
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2016, 02:47:31 PM »

I hope this isn't it, because it's not enough. https://t.co/pbJLyIdjjP
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2016, 02:47:35 PM »

I doubt that'd turn anyone against Trump who wasn't already against him, honestly.

I agree. N-word, C-word, B-word, whatever (this is starting to sound like Betsy McCaughey), won't affect anyone's perceptions any further. Has to be something of substance.

I agree about the C and B-word, but the N-word is a whole nother ball game.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2016, 02:49:20 PM »

I still think an abortion would be pretty big. It was how the world was saved once on South Park.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2016, 02:49:42 PM »

They said next week.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2016, 02:51:49 PM »

Anything that gets the news cycle focused on Trump will help Clinton.  For the most part in this election, both candidates have done better when the spotlight is on their opponent.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies