Trumps thinks urban and black people are stealing the election (in PA)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:52:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trumps thinks urban and black people are stealing the election (in PA)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trumps thinks urban and black people are stealing the election (in PA)  (Read 2357 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2016, 07:45:41 PM »

Those reporters are literally at the rally. They are reporting what they're hearing.

On Twitter, with no evidence. Ben Jacobs tweet is only saying Trump said PA could be stolen, as well. Chris Megerian even says "basically", which means Trump likely didn't say that.

What's your comment on the transcript posted by Sopan Deb that I posted a few responses back?
rafta_rafta

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2016, 07:46:32 PM »

Of course Trump isn't going to say "black people are going to steal the election", he used "other communities" instead.
EpicHistory
Rookie
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2016, 07:47:51 PM »

This is from Sopan Deb of CBS, one of the embedded pool reporters covering Trump's campaign, with the relevant section from the transcript of Trump's speech today: https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/785584725192744961

Good enough?

Refers only to "communities", which is by no means an indication of race or even people for that matter.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2016, 07:48:36 PM »

This is from Sopan Deb of CBS, one of the embedded pool reporters covering Trump's campaign, with the relevant section from the transcript of Trump's speech today: https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/785584725192744961

Good enough?

Refers only to "communities", which is by no means an indication of race or even people for that matter.

Are you familiar with dog whistles?
rafta_rafta

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2016, 07:50:29 PM »

EpicHistory
Rookie
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2016, 07:52:17 PM »

Which is basically projecting one's bias in the belief that any reference to others is somehow code for a racist attack. Seriously folks, there is not even a hint of race baiting in that. Here in Virginia we recently had some cases of fraudulent voter registrations. If my local GOP informs me, as a voting Republican, to watch and make sure no funny business goes on at my local polling booth, is that a racist attack? If the answer is no, then there is nothing wrong with what Trump is saying.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2016, 07:53:05 PM »

Good enough?

Obviously, he's referring to the Martians...

Stop being so desperately obtuse.
rafta_rafta

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2016, 07:54:34 PM »

Which is basically projecting one's bias in the belief that any reference to others is somehow code for a racist attack. Seriously folks, there is not even a hint of race baiting in that. Here in Virginia we recently had some cases of fraudulent voter registrations. If my local GOP informs me, as a voting Republican, to watch and make sure no funny business goes on at my local polling booth, is that a racist attack? If the answer is no, then there is nothing wrong with what Trump is saying.

Yeah he might be talking about "other communities" of white suburban women voting for Hillary
EpicHistory
Rookie
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2016, 07:55:07 PM »

And obviously, you're trying to project your bias on the assumption that one word is equal to a racist attack with nothing else to support it in the remainder of the context.

Stop acting like a hack.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2016, 07:55:49 PM »

And obviously, you're trying to project your bias on the assumption that one word is equal to a racist attack with nothing else to support it in the remainder of the context.

Stop acting like a hack.

EpicHistory
Rookie
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2016, 07:58:41 PM »

So in other words, you are unable to defend your stance and resort to memes?
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2016, 08:00:47 PM »

Yeah, we need to keep "those people" from doing any "funny business." Wink Wink Wink
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2016, 08:01:30 PM »

In other words, arguing with you about something so obvious that you want to be obtuse about is not worth the time.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2016, 08:03:00 PM »

Stop acting like a hack.
OK, I'll bite. So even ignoring Trump's intent for a moment, most of the conspiracies about the 2012 election have centered around a number of precincts in Philadelphia, most of which are majority black. Given this, and that black voters are 1) overwhelmingly Democratic 2) concentrated in cities like Philly and 3) very unlikely to participate in Trump rallies, it's not hard to see that blacks and black neighborhoods will be the worst affected by this kind of vigilante-ism. So now you're stuck with two options: 1) Trump hasn't paid any mind to any of this (unlikely given that these conspiracy theories have been around for a while, and he's talking about freaking Philadelphia) or 2) Trump knows that this will encourage racial prejudice, and doesn't care. Basically, no matter how you spin it, asking for voters to act like vigilantes is never a good thing. Besides, how does a voter "look suspicious" in the first place? You're basically forced to profile based on something, and given Trump's past comments about this...
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2016, 09:35:11 PM »

In other words, arguing with you about something so obvious that you want to be obtuse about is not worth the time.

EpicHistory. Can I suggest you stop while you are ahead (though you are not).
Even a teenager would tell you that you are wrong here. trump's comment is obvious.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies