Is Bernie finished?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 11:57:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is Bernie finished?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Poll
Question: -skip-
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 132

Author Topic: Is Bernie finished?  (Read 5321 times)
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2016, 12:26:05 AM »

Bernie needed a split. He didn't get it.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2016, 12:34:30 AM »

To catch up in delegates he needs to win every remaining primary by 18 points or more.
That has happened only twice: in Vermont and New Hampshire.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2016, 01:24:10 AM »
« Edited: April 20, 2016, 01:26:15 AM by Virginia »

To catch up in delegates he needs to win every remaining primary by 18 points or more.

/r/SandersForPresident: Wait, so you're saying there is a chance? Let's get our coats back and mobilize the phone banks!
Desroko
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2016, 01:26:30 AM »

/r/SandersForPresident: Wait, so you're saying there is a chance? Let's get our fedoras back and mobilize the face banks!

Fixed for you.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2016, 01:35:23 AM »

It was over in March. Tonight's win still won't calm down his supporters though.

Cue the accusations of fraud.

Every state he wins is the "people speaking", every state he loses is "fraud" because "nobody I know has voted for Hillary" -_-

Thank you! Smiley

He's slowly finding out that huge crowds full of college kiddies do not translate into election victories.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2016, 01:49:42 AM »

He needed at the bare minimum a win tonight, which he obviously did not get. While I do think March 1st was too early to call it, the delegate lead was just too high after March 15th. He'll still finish with probably over 45% of the pledged delegates, which isn't too shabby considering where he started.
Desroko
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2016, 01:57:10 AM »

He needed at the bare minimum a win tonight, which he obviously did not get. While I do think March 1st was too early to call it, the delegate lead was just too high after March 15th. He'll still finish with probably over 45% of the pledged delegates, which isn't too shabby considering where he started.

He's not going to get 45% of pledged delegates. He's at 42% right now, and isn't favored in PA, CT, PR, CA, MD, or NJ, which between them have about two-thirds of the remaining pledgeds. The only states where he has a chance that even qualify as "medium" are IN, KY, and OR, which have fewer than half of the delegates of California alone. (And two are closed primaries.)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2016, 02:19:53 AM »

He's not going to get 45% of pledged delegates. He's at 42% right now, and isn't favored in PA, CT, PR, CA, MD, or NJ, which between them have about two-thirds of the remaining pledgeds. The only states where he has a chance that even qualify as "medium" are IN, KY, and OR, which have fewer than half of the delegates of California alone. (And two are closed primaries.)

He's got a good chance in RI, WV, MT, ND, and SD.
Desroko
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2016, 02:26:00 AM »
« Edited: April 20, 2016, 02:28:52 AM by Desroko »

True. Which have about 100 pledged delegates combined. EDIT: 112.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2016, 02:41:17 AM »

True. Which have about 100 pledged delegates combined. EDIT: 112.

BUT SHILLARY ONLY WINS IN THE DEEP SOUTH!!!
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2016, 03:06:44 AM »

Can we make a deal?

If she still has a pledged delegate lead of 200+, requiring Bernie to win CA by 33%, after those five states vote, will you leave Atlas until Bernie drops out and never mention him again when you re-join?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2016, 03:07:42 AM »

Can we make a deal?

If she still has a pledged delegate lead of 200+, requiring Bernie to win CA by 33%, after those five states vote, will you leave Atlas until Bernie drops out and never mention him again when you re-join?

Huh, what sort of deal is that?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2016, 05:25:45 AM »

the situation is the same as it has been for months: sanders is finished barring an indictment or some other earthshaking event
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2016, 05:28:06 AM »

To be honest he was finished when he failed to break 35% back in SC, no later. But he stayed for the heck of the game, and rightfully so.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2016, 05:42:25 AM »

It's been over for a while. Meanwhile, in a faraway land. . . (r/sandersforpresident)
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I found where the Sanders hacks were.
Why
Unbiased
Australia

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2016, 05:43:35 AM »

He never started.
Desroko
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2016, 05:46:50 AM »

It's been over for a while. Meanwhile, in a faraway land. . . (r/sandersforpresident)

I found where the Sanders hacks were.

Got a real mathematician in that first quote. And a kid who just learned what SQL is last week and wanted to show off.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2016, 05:52:27 AM »

Not over till it's over, but realistically yes it's over.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2016, 05:54:26 AM »

He did, but it became "lean over" after out of early states all but one (NH) voted for Hillary, and his viable path to defeat disappeared after an early March primaries. The primary schedule always favored Hillary (with the entire South already voting and playing a large part in providing her with a lead in delegates).

Well, of course theoretically it's not over until she reached the magic number, and it's even more theoretically not over until she's formally nominated, but barring a major scandal breaking before that point or her (not very likely) death, Bernie has no viable path to victory.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2016, 06:00:31 AM »

I feel a little sorry for the Sandernistas. Their mommy and daddy can't fix this for them. But I heard there's a cool café where they sell only breakfast cereal opening up so there's somewhere you can go to totally geek out on the 90's and remember all those cereal commercials. And keep those Bernie t-shirts. You can wear them all ironically in 2019.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2016, 06:04:18 AM »

I feel a little sorry for the Sandernistas. Their mommy and daddy can't fix this for them. But I heard there's a cool café where they sell only breakfast cereal opening up so there's somewhere you can go to totally geek out on the 90's and remember all those cereal commercials. And keep those Bernie t-shirts. You can wear them all ironically in 2019.

I really do wonder what it is about irrelevant presidential candidates that make good posters foam at the mouth.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2016, 06:13:16 AM »

I really do wonder what it is about irrelevant presidential candidates that make good posters foam at the mouth.

I wouldn't give Bernie the time of day it wasn't for his supporters Smiley
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2016, 06:13:56 AM »

Ah. Given some of the people on this forum, I can definitely see where you're coming from.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2016, 06:22:29 AM »

Ah. Given some of the people on this forum, I can definitely see where you're coming from.

This forum isn't even one of the worst places for it. It's a refuge in comparison.
Desroko
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2016, 06:25:19 AM »

This forum isn't even one of the worst places for it. It's a refuge in comparison.

Daily Kos has a post right now about how Clinton won "only" 58% of her home state. (Never mind that she's also won 58% of her home country.) Surprisingly it has no recommendations, but the berniebros are probably still sleeping it off.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies