Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:33:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 ... 91
Author Topic: Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them  (Read 180624 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1700 on: July 17, 2016, 11:42:42 AM »

Seeing Trump and Warren's recent Twitter back and forth, I think Warren is the best pick. In the most recent CNN poll, young voters are choosing Johnson and and Stein at high levels, much more than olds, so having her on the ticket will create a lot of enthusiasm and support for the ticket among youngs. But Trump constantly calling her Pocahontas and a fraud is the best opening for her to bring up his Trump University and real estate frauds, as she did on Twitter, and it only exposes him more. I think the small drop off among center/center-right Hillary voters is worth it because I think most of them can be won back in due time.

Also I feel like picking Warren would allow Team Clinton to positively own a news cycle, something that has been really hard to do.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1701 on: July 17, 2016, 11:44:55 AM »

Seeing Trump and Warren's recent Twitter back and forth, I think Warren is the best pick. In the most recent CNN poll, young voters are choosing Johnson and and Stein at high levels, much more than olds, so having her on the ticket will create a lot of enthusiasm and support for the ticket among youngs. But Trump constantly calling her Pocahontas and a fraud is the best opening for her to bring up his Trump University and real estate frauds, as she did on Twitter, and it only exposes him more. I think the small drop off among center/center-right Hillary voters is worth it because I think most of them can be won back in due time.

Also I feel like picking Warren would allow Team Clinton to positively own a news cycle, something that has been really hard to do.

Yes, their last one was the week of June 7. Tongue Trump being really aggressive and nasty towards two poor grandmas who just want to give people more healthcare and increase their wages would be bad (but funny) optics.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1702 on: July 17, 2016, 11:51:42 AM »

Warren, originally listed as Monday night's Keynote Speaker, is now suddenly missing from the line-up provided by Politico.

Was she ever listed in any similar official DNC schedule? I doubt this omission means anything more than an avoidance of the confirmation that she is in fact out of the running for VP.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1703 on: July 17, 2016, 01:05:29 PM »

Warren can also use the former Republican angle too. "I was a Republican, the party left me" etc.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #1704 on: July 17, 2016, 03:50:51 PM »

If she really wanted anybody from the GOP side, Clinton could pick Kasich and really create chaos for the Republicans. #NeverTrump would actually have a slate. But, it won't happen. It will be Clinton-Kaine.

If she does pick Warren, imho, it will be a colossal strategic mistake.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1705 on: July 17, 2016, 03:52:39 PM »

Warren can also use the former Republican angle too. "I was a Republican, the party left me" etc.
That works for Charlie Crist and Lincoln Chafee, not so much for someone whose current political views are to the left of the Democratic Party, let alone the Republican Party.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1706 on: July 17, 2016, 05:07:28 PM »

Clinton promises that there will be no leaks of her VP choice before she sends out the notification texts:

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1707 on: July 17, 2016, 05:29:28 PM »

There are moments I seriously think Democrats can pull such a stupid thing.

Warren, originally listed as Monday night's Keynote Speaker, is now suddenly missing from the line-up provided by Politico.

Well, that's interesting. Usually being picked as Keynote Speaker means you're not really considered for VP (we pretty much scratcher Mark Warner from the list for that reason).
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1708 on: July 17, 2016, 05:35:13 PM »

Clinton promises that there will be no leaks of her VP choice before she sends out the notification texts:

Freedom campaign! VP leaks betray supporters and take away the fundamental appeal of the announcement event. Leaking the VP pick makes one unqualified to work on a presidential campaign.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1709 on: July 17, 2016, 05:38:18 PM »

Freedom campaign! VP leaks betray supporters and take away the fundamental appeal of the announcement event. Leaking the VP pick makes one unqualified to work on a presidential campaign.

Let's see if the Clinton campaign is writing a check they can't cash before praising it.  There will be enormous pressure to leak the nominee during the week to step over the RNC.  And it's awfully hard to keep a secret these days.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1710 on: July 17, 2016, 08:11:14 PM »

Let's see if the Clinton campaign is writing a check they can't cash before praising it.  There will be enormous pressure to leak the nominee during the week to step over the RNC.  And it's awfully hard to keep a secret these days.

For God's sake, they better not tell Bill.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1711 on: July 17, 2016, 10:53:16 PM »

The only way to truly ensure that is to hide and/or obfuscate schedules to prevent any possibility of that.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1712 on: July 17, 2016, 11:02:00 PM »

It will be leaked. It always is leaked in the hours leading up to the event. I remember Fox breaking in with the Biden Veep selection at 3:00 AM in the morning. It always gets out.

freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

« Reply #1713 on: July 17, 2016, 11:27:55 PM »

I hope it's Bernie.

I know.  I know.

It won't be Bernie.

Still, I hope it's Bernie!

FEEL THE BERN!
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1714 on: July 17, 2016, 11:57:39 PM »

If it were Bernie, and it likely won't be, can you imagine the press that it would get? She would probably get a solid bounce, on top of the bounce from the convention.
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

« Reply #1715 on: July 18, 2016, 12:01:07 AM »

I came here to check out Trump's bump.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1716 on: July 18, 2016, 01:14:09 AM »

It would be real pandering to pick Bernie, she doesn't need to.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1717 on: July 18, 2016, 01:19:21 AM »

I think Kaine's reputation as a good man could help her with the general electorate and moderates in ways that Warren couldn't even though Warren would be a better choice to appeal to the Progressive wing further. I think he would be a fine VP choice.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1718 on: July 18, 2016, 01:49:39 AM »

That works for Charlie Crist and Lincoln Chafee, not so much for someone whose current political views are to the left of the Democratic Party, let alone the Republican Party.

The difference is that those men have no principles. They are carpet baggers.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1719 on: July 18, 2016, 02:00:13 AM »

That's certainly a creative use of the term "carpetbagger".
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #1720 on: July 18, 2016, 02:02:38 AM »

I think Warren would allow Clinton to really start pushing ahead with a positive and proactive vision rather than getting stuck in a reactive campaign with Trump. They're still going to fight but putting Warren on the ticket gives a lot of people who don't necessarily like Hillary something to believe in, like things are capable of moving forward in America.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1721 on: July 18, 2016, 02:21:37 AM »

I don't think you can say that about Chafee.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1722 on: July 18, 2016, 02:50:16 AM »

I'm actually surprised Jeff Merkley didn't make the shortlist for VP. It would be a great way to satisfy the left, without the potential pitfalls of the other options (age, gender, and Senate seat, for Sanders/Warren/Brown respectively.)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1723 on: July 18, 2016, 03:07:17 AM »

I'm actually surprised Jeff Merkley didn't make the shortlist for VP. It would be a great way to satisfy the left, without the potential pitfalls of the other options (age, gender, and Senate seat, for Sanders/Warren/Brown respectively.)

So am I, actually.

syntaxerror
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.04

« Reply #1724 on: July 18, 2016, 07:10:36 AM »

The Clintons hold grudges (and i'm a Hillary supporter).
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 ... 91  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies