Democratic Freak States Holy Saturday results thread (1st caucuses begin @1pmET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 04:40:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Freak States Holy Saturday results thread (1st caucuses begin @1pmET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 32
Author Topic: Democratic Freak States Holy Saturday results thread (1st caucuses begin @1pmET)  (Read 28492 times)
madelka
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: March 26, 2016, 05:34:24 PM »

As a Clinton supporter, I must say that this isn't really a bad night for me, because it will now be even more painful for the Berniebots to lose this race. And this actually makes my vote for Clinton in CA in June more important.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #351 on: March 26, 2016, 05:35:39 PM »

What were the Bernie drones chanting just now?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #352 on: March 26, 2016, 05:35:47 PM »

And, unlike Bernie's college student base, actually vote in midterm elections as well. Reorienting the party towards young people is stupid.

Nobody said college students, Comrade Funk said labor, a group that does vote in midterms.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #353 on: March 26, 2016, 05:35:51 PM »

Caucus line in Pahoa, Hawaii:

RR1997
United States

« Reply #354 on: March 26, 2016, 05:36:38 PM »

And, unlike Bernie's college student base, actually vote in midterm elections as well. Reorienting the party towards young people is stupid.

I agree completely. Sanders is moving your party in the wrong direction. Your party shouldn't be reorienting towards young people. Young people don't vote in midterm elections. Young people don't care about politics. Your party should try to appeal to more older voters (since they actually follow politics and vote).
madelka
United States
« Reply #355 on: March 26, 2016, 05:36:43 PM »

The Berniebots think that winning young liberal white men and Blacks will be a winning coalition in the general. Nominating this guy would pretty much kill us in November. That's why I'm glad it's not happening.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #356 on: March 26, 2016, 05:36:47 PM »

Looks like 73% of the vote is in in Alaska.  Do we know where these precincts are?  Neither CNN nor NYT seem to have regional breakdowns.

I can't find any regional breakdown. 

Like the Alaska Republicans, Alaska Democrats only had a handful of precincts for the whole state.  Unlike the Republicans, there were fewer precincts in urban areas and more in rural areas.  All of Anchorage other than Eagle River had only 1 precinct, for example.  Presumably, they were caucusing by House District, but there are no HD results on the AP's website (or CNN and the NYT, which get their results from the AP), or even Decision Desk HQ.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #357 on: March 26, 2016, 05:39:08 PM »

Nobody said college students, Comrade Funk said labor, a group that does vote in midterms.

Well good thing labor unions have overwhelmingly endorsed Clinton then.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #358 on: March 26, 2016, 05:39:18 PM »

Sanders attacking Scott Walker. Nice!
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #359 on: March 26, 2016, 05:40:04 PM »

The Berniebots think that winning young liberal white men and Blacks will be a winning coalition in the general. Nominating this guy would pretty much kill us in November. That's why I'm glad it's not happening.

LOL, Bernie was just up 24 points in a nationwide general election poll.
madelka
United States
« Reply #360 on: March 26, 2016, 05:40:49 PM »

The Berniebots celebrating this Alaska win reminds me of the Romney supporters clapping and cheering when Alaska was called for them, even though they had already lost the election an hour ago.
cwt

« Reply #361 on: March 26, 2016, 05:41:04 PM »

What were the Bernie drones chanting just now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uEpcfonkt4
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #362 on: March 26, 2016, 05:42:24 PM »

There is a difference between union leaders and everyday union members. That being said the International Longshore and Warehouse Union just endorsed Sanders.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #363 on: March 26, 2016, 05:42:39 PM »

Looks like soccer moms in Washington broke for Sanders!
madelka
United States
« Reply #364 on: March 26, 2016, 05:43:01 PM »

And? You think these polls mean sh*t? Clinton was up 24 points a year ago as well.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #365 on: March 26, 2016, 05:43:09 PM »

The Berniebots celebrating this Alaska win reminds me of the Romney supporters clapping and cheering when Alaska was called for them, even though they had already lost the election an hour ago.

No need to be salty just because Sanders won a state.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #366 on: March 26, 2016, 05:43:26 PM »

Looks like soccer moms in Washington broke for Sanders!

God bless soccer moms!

Also liking these named attacks against Governor Walker. Smart strategy!
CapoteMonster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.49, S: -2.61

« Reply #367 on: March 26, 2016, 05:44:19 PM »

Bernie could be the Goldwater of the left. He might not succeed now, but his message is showing that the youth want to return this party to the party of labor, not soccer moms.

More like McGovern imo. Over-optimistic college youth learn to lose the hard way.

People who were college students in 1972, 1984, 1988, and 2004 say they were convinced that the Democratic candidate would win, and that they didn't know anyone who voted for the Republican, are shocked on election night, devolve into conspiracy theories, and eventually learn to accept that their candidate lost fair and square.

The college campus bubble is strong and has been around for 50 years. Young people no matter what decade they live in think the world revolves around them. I'm guilty of this sometimes myself. It's nothing new.

Wtf do you even mean? Most students knew how all those elections would go except for 2004 and Republicans did good with the college vote in 72 and 84.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #368 on: March 26, 2016, 05:45:15 PM »

There is a difference between union leaders and everyday union members. That being said the International Longshore and Warehouse Union just endorsed Sanders.

Clinton won union members in every state. Even Michigan.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #369 on: March 26, 2016, 05:45:29 PM »

And? You think these polls mean sh*t? Clinton was up 24 points a year ago as well.

They're not getting any closer for Bernie.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #370 on: March 26, 2016, 05:46:27 PM »

Bernie could be the Goldwater of the left. He might not succeed now, but his message is showing that the youth want to return this party to the party of labor, not soccer moms.

More like McGovern imo. Over-optimistic college youth learn to lose the hard way.

People who were college students in 1972, 1984, 1988, and 2004 say they were convinced that the Democratic candidate would win, and that they didn't know anyone who voted for the Republican, are shocked on election night, devolve into conspiracy theories, and eventually learn to accept that their candidate lost fair and square.

The college campus bubble is strong and has been around for 50 years. Young people no matter what decade they live in think the world revolves around them. I'm guilty of this sometimes myself. It's nothing new.

Wtf do you even mean? Most students knew how all those elections would go except for 2004 and Republicans did good with the college vote in 72 and 84.

Ask people who were liberal activists during those times. They completely bought into it as well. Talk to them. They'll tell you.

I wouldn't be surprised if part of Hillary's strength with voters over 40 is this cautious attitude. That, and Bernie's laser focus on college students.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #371 on: March 26, 2016, 05:46:38 PM »

Clinton won union members in every state. Even Michigan.

Bernie even won blacks in Vermont, so I'm sure he won union members there too. And I'm sure he won union members in some other states.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #372 on: March 26, 2016, 05:47:00 PM »

Kitsap county goes Sanders 73-27
madelka
United States
« Reply #373 on: March 26, 2016, 05:47:20 PM »

No need to be salty just because Sanders won a state.

I'm not salty. I'm just annoyed at delusional Berniebots who act as if their hero and savior can still win this race when it's clearly over.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #374 on: March 26, 2016, 05:47:53 PM »

The everyday union members have mostly supported Clinotn as well.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 32  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies