Democratic Wild Western Tuesday results thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 03:31:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Wild Western Tuesday results thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16
Author Topic: Democratic Wild Western Tuesday results thread  (Read 28718 times)
RJEvans
MasterRegal
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: March 22, 2016, 11:25:43 PM »

Democrats need to have another big conference or something to reform the primary process. The crap we are dealing with tonight is utterly unacceptable.

And UT was a primary in 2008. I don't know why they would choose an undemocratic process over a primary.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #201 on: March 22, 2016, 11:27:40 PM »

How are the results in Arizona coming in with 1000's still in line?

Is this absentee voting?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #202 on: March 22, 2016, 11:28:14 PM »

How are the results in Arizona coming in with 1000's still in line?

Is this absentee voting?

Almost all the votes are early/absentee voting.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #203 on: March 22, 2016, 11:28:34 PM »

Sounds like Bernie's going all the way to California.

I don't think anyone actually expects him to drop out. I'm on the record saying he has the right to stay in as long as he likes. But the tone needs to change, he isn't winning the nomination and he needs to start helping the progressive movement in November, that includes actively raising money for campaigns other than his own and campaigning for Democrats. Him staying in can be a big positive, but still treating it like a genuinely competitive primary is a bad idea.

Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #204 on: March 22, 2016, 11:28:40 PM »

Democrats need to have another big conference or something to reform the primary process. The crap we are dealing with tonight is utterly unacceptable.

And UT was a primary in 2008. I don't know why they would choose an undemocratic process over a primary.

It makes no sense what so ever.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #205 on: March 22, 2016, 11:28:56 PM »

Not every precinct has thousands of people waiting in line too.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #206 on: March 22, 2016, 11:30:22 PM »

I don't think anyone actually expects him to drop out. I'm on the record saying he has the right to stay in as long as he likes. But the tone needs to change, he isn't winning the nomination and he needs to start helping the progressive movement in November, that includes actively raising money for campaigns other than his own and campaigning for Democrats. Him staying in can be a big positive, but still treating it like a genuinely competitive primary is a bad idea.

He's still trying to win. I imagine he'll help like-minded Democrats, like Zephyr Teachout.  Although I'm sure the grassroots is already doing a lot for her.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #207 on: March 22, 2016, 11:35:08 PM »

He's still trying to win. I imagine he'll help like-minded Democrats, like Zephyr Teachout.  Although I'm sure the grassroots is already doing a lot for her.

He might be, that'll help the delegate margin at the end, but it won't get him the win. Math is real, just as it was for Hillary in 08, by the end of February the writing was on the wall. Regardless of good states coming, the margin couldn't be overcome. This is even more emphatic.

Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #208 on: March 22, 2016, 11:39:57 PM »

The Utah Democrats didn't have enough money to run a presidential primary this time.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #209 on: March 22, 2016, 11:40:28 PM »

He might be, that'll help the delegate margin at the end, but it won't get him the win. Math is real, just as it was for Hillary in 08, by the end of February the writing was on the wall. Regardless of good states coming, the margin couldn't be overcome. This is even more emphatic.

The 2008 primary had most of the states vote by the end of February. Now only half the delegates have been chosen, and those have included all of Hillary's best states.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #210 on: March 22, 2016, 11:41:24 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #211 on: March 22, 2016, 11:42:53 PM »

The 2008 primary had most of the states vote by the end of February. Now only half the delegates have been chosen, and those have included all of Hillary's best states.

And Bernie is trailing by 3x what Hillary ever did. And last time I checked, NY was one of her best states.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #212 on: March 22, 2016, 11:44:01 PM »

Hillary could get indicted & anyways would drop out when the FBI finds her guilty, indictment or not.

Either ways only 50% of the states have voted, so I don't see the big deal.

If he cares about the progressive movement, then Hillary clean needs to lose in November for a real progressive to rise - The Dem party needs to have a huge temporary setback if it needs to go the right way on the long term.

Supporting a mass murderer neo con is doing so service to the progressive wing.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #213 on: March 22, 2016, 11:45:44 PM »

CNN about to broadcast the results from THE LARGEST CAUCUS IS IN U.S HISTORYTM in Boise, Idaho.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #214 on: March 22, 2016, 11:46:28 PM »

Percentage wise, thats 69% to 31% if anyones wondering.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #215 on: March 22, 2016, 11:47:11 PM »

So I think Sanders needs to get an average of 65% from Idaho and Utah in order to come out ahead among delegates tonight.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #216 on: March 22, 2016, 11:47:49 PM »

Hillary could get indicted & anyways would drop out when the FBI finds her guilty, indictment or not.

If he cares about the progressive movement, then Hillary clean needs to lose in November for a real progressive to rise - The Dem party needs to have a huge temporary setback if it needs to go the right way on the long term.

For God's sake, but of course, us Hillary supporters are stupid, corrupt or plain evil aren't we? So I'm not sure why I'm bothering engaging with you.

IF the fantasy of the indictment or any other unexpected scenario emerges where Hillary cannot be the nominee, the convention will likely be open anyway.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #217 on: March 22, 2016, 11:48:09 PM »

Yet no one questioned Clinton for taking it to the end after it was pretty much over after Obama went on his run in February and it was obviously over. I know it's over, but I think it would help everyone if every contest is contested this cycle. It totally helped in 08 by building an infrastructure for Obama.
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« Reply #218 on: March 22, 2016, 11:48:26 PM »

So now you are so desperate you subscribe to Donald Trump talking points. Sad!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #219 on: March 22, 2016, 11:49:26 PM »

Sigh... I'm gonna bump the Sanders Venting Thread.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #220 on: March 22, 2016, 11:49:49 PM »

You're not helping Bernie Sanders' cause here...  
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #221 on: March 22, 2016, 11:50:19 PM »

Yet no one questioned Clinton for taking it to the end after it was pretty much over after Obama went on his run in February and it was obviously over. I know it's over, but I think it would help everyone if every contest is contested this cycle. It totally helped in 08 by building an infrastructure for Obama.

No one? Countless people were shrieking at the top of her lungs for her to drop out as soon as she lost Iowa. lol

Probably some of the same people that are now insisting Sanders should take it to the convention.
RJEvans
MasterRegal
United States

« Reply #222 on: March 22, 2016, 11:50:38 PM »

So now you are so desperate you subscribe to Donald Trump talking points. Sad!

Some of the most ardent of Bernie voters have resorted to using GOP talking-points to attack Clinton. I don't engage.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #223 on: March 22, 2016, 11:51:01 PM »

CNN says Idaho results are coming in ~15 minutes.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #224 on: March 22, 2016, 11:51:07 PM »

As I said, let the contests run their course... but PLENTY questioned her carrying on.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies