Supersoulty Townhall
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:03:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Supersoulty Townhall
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Supersoulty Townhall  (Read 950 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 01, 2005, 10:48:05 PM »

Siege beat me to it, but I too would like to answer any questions that you might have.  Any topic can be discussed.  So, go to it.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 10:53:38 PM »

What major plans and proposals do you have in mind if elected President?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 11:36:18 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2005, 11:42:44 PM by Senator Supersoulty »

I'm glad that you asked that question.

First, I want to initiate an extensive program to revitialize Atlasia.  This plan includes three major steps.  The first, unfurtunatly, went down to defeat.  That was the residency requirement.  I hope to get that passed.  The second step, and one that I will have direct authority over, is the creation of a commision that's sole purpose is to search the internet to find new members for the forum.  The third step will be the expansion of the number of regions and Senate districts once we have reached a high enough population plain.  This will, of course, require Senate support.

The next major initiative that I will embark on is the formation of the Global Treaty Orgnization.  This organization will be commited to the defense and promotion of Democracy throughout the world.  It will be modeled similarly to NATO.  Only nations that have commited to use of force will be allowed to become members.  Of course, there will be room for decenting oppinion, but the goals of the organization will be clearly defined ahead of time.

I will also take a serious look social security and try to develop a long term solution to the social security crisis.  I will look at all options, as I will also do with education, which will be another top priority of my administration.

I will look to the expansion of the military.  With in 10 years, I want to see an expansion of the current carrier fleet to contain 3 new carriers.  I will also strongly encourage the production of a line of smaller carriers that could be deployed rapidly through the world to responde to immediate treats by individual terrorists and terrorist regimes.  Finally, I will expand the current number of active army divisions by at least 2 in this time period.

Finally, I will undertake an agressive policy of opening a freer market and cutting taxes will raising social spending in certain areas and foging strong anti-poverty legislation.

I will say right now that, if given the chance, I will appoint Supreme Court justices who will interpriet the equal protection clause as pertaining only to the direct constitutional rights and legal status of Atlasias citizens, not as a road block for progressive, targeted anti-poverty legislation.

I will undertake many initiatives if elected, but those are the closest to my heart.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 01:10:21 PM »

What is wrong with masturbation?
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 01:11:05 PM »

The GTO is a great idea, btw.  Hopefully we might even build it up enough where it could serve the purpose of an alternate UN.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 01:38:15 PM »

Nothing.  It keeps you from posting 24/7, so I appreciate it.

Tongue
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 03:30:46 PM »

What type of economic proposals/ideas would you try to introduce while President? Will the economy be a major part of your Presidency?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2005, 04:45:43 AM »

I'm asking all candidates this; what do you propose to do about the inner cities?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2005, 11:15:45 AM »

Same question to you too:

What are your plans for the space field?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2005, 05:38:39 PM »

Well, first, promise me that you will acctually read the answer that I give you instead of just posting for another time about how I think it is wrong.

My philosophy on masturbation.

In practice, I have no problem with it.  If you knew anything about my habits, you would certainly know that.  It is certainly proven to releave stress and have medical benefits, plus, it is fun.

In theory, I can see where it is sinful, because, not only are you seeking instand sexual gradification, but in the process you are objectifying the person that you are masturbating too.  In that regard, it is almost like imagined rape, because, rape is, of course, when one person sexually acts upon someone else, in manner which does not regard the other individual, thus, objectifying them.  To clear this up, is it as bad as the real thing, not even close, but from a moral and philosophical prospective, I can see how it is damaging to ones personal relationship with another person and ones moral relationship with God.

I know that you are going to either not read this, or launch into some inane post about how I am some religious freak, but I personally don't care, I just don't want others to get the wrong idea.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2005, 05:57:22 PM »

What type of economic proposals/ideas would you try to introduce while President? Will the economy be a major part of your Presidency?

Thank you for that question.

Yes, the economy will be a major part of my policies.

The first thing I pledge to do is to eliminate federal income tax for every individual who makes under $25,000 per year and Every family of four who make under $40,000 per year.  I would also explore the option of lowering all tax brackets by an additional 1%.

Second, I want to expand free trade with other democratic nations that do not have documented human rights abuses in the last 20 years and who promote working conditions that are comensurate with their current economic status.

I want to establish a committee and cooperate with congress to update our business regulations to meet the economic needs of this century.

I have already mentioned my social spending initiatives, those will be an important part of my policies as well.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2005, 06:06:43 PM »

I'm asking all candidates this; what do you propose to do about the inner cities?

I propose the establishment of free enterprize zones and the creation of economic development programs specifically targeted at inner-cities.  Better funding of community colleges to educate adults in depressed areas so that young people can stay around if they choose.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2005, 06:09:28 PM »

Same question to you too:

What are your plans for the space field?

To be honest, I have not considered the issue that much.  I can tell you that any solution that I would propose would include slight budget cuts, better hiring standards and tighter guidlines for engineers and mission planers to follow, and partial privitization of some areas of the program.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2005, 10:55:43 AM »

What is you policy to help establish a Free China?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2005, 01:21:37 PM »
« Edited: June 05, 2005, 01:28:19 PM by Senator Supersoulty »

What is you policy to help establish a Free China?

For starters, I will cooperate with congress to make sure that China's trade status is dependent fully on their human rights activities at the time.  If they commit any serious violations, then it will take many years before I would consider allowing them free trade status again.

Next, I will personally go to China, several times and request to meet directly with the people.  I know that their media is highly censured, but I feel that even reaching out to them might have a possitive effect on the people there.

Thirdly, it will be my policy to recongnize Tiawan.  I will preserve the eventual goal of a one China policy, but we should recongnize present realities.  Tiawan is a free and independent state.

Fourthly, it will be my policy to be more active in the defense of Tiawan.  We will sell them newer and better weapons systems to keep them safe.  And I will go to speak with President Chirac personally about the French policy of engaging in war games with the Chinese that are ment to intimidate the Tiawanese people on their own election day.  To put it plainly, that move by the French was wrong, because it directly threatened the democratic process of another country that has no record of abuse.

Finally, I will do what I can to preserve Hong Kong as a democratic, capitalist enclave.  If Hong Kong is preserved, it can't be long before democratic ideals spread from there, into the rest of southern China and eventually to the whole country.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2005, 01:28:46 PM »

How will your economic policies differ from those of President PBrunsel's?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2005, 04:27:20 PM »

How will your economic policies differ from those of President PBrunsel's?

I would say that, in spirit, the former President and I have much in common.  We are both committed to free market economics, we both like a competetive market place and we both want to see small business thrive.  Though he is conservative in his practical approuch to economics, he has a strong sense of community.

I think where we differ the most is in some of the praticle applications of our policies.  Quote me if I am wrong, Mr. President, but the former President believes that free economies will, if left more or less alone, by themsleves create prosperity and aliviate poverty.

I, on the other hand, believe that we should strive for freer markets, so that we can use the created to provide for programs that increase educational oppertunities and help lift the poor out of poverty.  I understand that there are areas that are simply too poor to be helped out by freer markets.

I hope that answered your question.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies