Democratic Super Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 01:50:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Super Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30
Author Topic: Democratic Super Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET)  (Read 44005 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: March 01, 2016, 11:36:49 PM »

"Sanders has won Massachusetts, according to A.P."

LOL OOPS
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #576 on: March 01, 2016, 11:37:13 PM »

Thank you Massholes! No way this can be spun as anything other than an amazing night for Hillary now.

Bernie got 4 wins, and should shut Hillary out of delegates in Vermont.

Pledged yes, supers no.

Ah, yes. The Superdelegate Defense. Basically implying that if Clinton doesn't win the nomination democratically, she'll win it undemocratically.

Dude, she's gonna be up ~250 pledged after tonight. That's basically insurmountable in a proportional system. Might need to update those talking points.

I'd argue that anybody who still talks about superdelegates needs to update their own talking points first.

Uh, in the 2008 primaries Hillary won over 300,000 more votes than Obama, but he still won because of superdelegates.

I agree that they are unnecessary, but they do matter and it's not some kind of anti-Sanders/pro-Hillary "anti-democracy" conspiracy.

It wasn't so much superdelegates as the incidents in Florida and Michigan.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #577 on: March 01, 2016, 11:37:17 PM »

Thank you Massholes! No way this can be spun as anything other than an amazing night for Hillary now.

Pledged yes, supers no.

Ah, yes. The Superdelegate Defense. Basically implying that if Clinton doesn't win the nomination democratically, she'll win it undemocratically.

How many states on the GOP side are winner-take-all?  

Don't change the subject. I never praised the GOP system once, so instead of changing the subject to something completely irrelevant, let's talk about superdelegates, shall we?

You may not have praised them, but I have never seen you criticizing the GOP system either, certainly not with the venom you have thrown at ours.  
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #578 on: March 01, 2016, 11:38:17 PM »

CNN spinning it as Bernie making it a race.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #579 on: March 01, 2016, 11:38:58 PM »

Yeah according to them Bernie is going to win everything from here on out...
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #580 on: March 01, 2016, 11:39:33 PM »

Well, it is a race. Just one that he has a <1% chance of winning, at this point.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #581 on: March 01, 2016, 11:39:38 PM »

Pledged yes, supers no.

Don't change the subject. I never praised the GOP system once, so instead of changing the subject to something completely irrelevant, let's talk about superdelegates, shall we?

You may not have praised them, but I have never seen you criticizing the GOP system either, certainly not with the venom you have thrown at ours.  

I do believe that the GOP system is broken as well. Just because I don't say my opinions out loud doesn't mean that you can assume that the opposite of my opinions is true. Now, stop trying to change the subject. I believe I told you to stop changing the subject already.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #582 on: March 01, 2016, 11:42:42 PM »

Pledged yes, supers no.

I do believe that the GOP system is broken as well. Just because I don't say my opinions out loud doesn't mean that you can assume that the opposite of my opinions is true. Now, stop trying to change the subject. I believe I told you to stop changing the subject already.

So am I to surmise that you think the idea of super-delegates is more undemocratic than winner-take-all? 

And no, and I am not changing the subject.  Your bias and hypocrisy here needs to be laid bare for all to see.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #583 on: March 01, 2016, 11:43:59 PM »

Pledged yes, supers no.

So am I to surmise that you think the idea of super-delegates is more undemocratic than winner-take-all? 

And no, and I am not changing the subject.  Your bias and hypocrisy here needs to be laid bare for all to see.

I never said that either. I believe that they are both undemocratic, and that they both need to be fixed. They are of equal importance for reforming our primary systems.

And you are changing the subject. I was talking about superdelegates, and you spun around and started talking about winner-take-all states.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #584 on: March 01, 2016, 11:44:50 PM »

Clinton is probably getting only 3 Delegates over Sanders in MA - So that was how much it meant for delegates, purely a confidence & momentum victory.

80 Delegate Advantage for Hillary is Texas (Almost 50% of her lead) - Big set-back there.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #585 on: March 01, 2016, 11:46:54 PM »

Pledged yes, supers no.

I never said that either. I believe that they are both undemocratic, and that they both need to be fixed. They are of equal importance for reforming our primary systems.

And you are changing the subject. I was talking about superdelegates, and you spun around and started talking about winner-take-all states.

Winner take all IMO is not good & I'm against it, but to compare with Super delegate things is pretty stupid - Hello the Presidential Elections would be a Winner Take all - Both Dems & GOP will be taking states & this is how even a Presidential election would be run

When someone compares it to the Super Delegate thing, it is pretty embarrassing to see
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #586 on: March 01, 2016, 11:47:07 PM »

Clinton is probably getting only 3 Delegates over Sanders in MA - So that was how much it meant for delegates, purely a confidence & momentum victory.

80 Delegate Advantage for Hillary is Texas (Almost 50% of her lead) - Big set-back there.

Just admit your guy is not gonna be the nominee. Not happening bruh. Next week and especially two weeks from now are gonna be Clinton home field. YYYUUGGGEEE MARGINS!
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #587 on: March 01, 2016, 11:47:53 PM »
« Edited: March 01, 2016, 11:49:30 PM by JerryArkansas »

At the same time, he is failing to reach viability in several districts in the South, giving hee all the delegates for those congressional districts.

And Texas is not final yet, and she is leading by 33 points.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #588 on: March 01, 2016, 11:48:56 PM »

Clinton's delegate lead is deceptive. It includes a huge advantage with super delegates who technically could swing to Sanders.
○∙◄☻„tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #589 on: March 01, 2016, 11:49:28 PM »

The AP called Massachusetts for Bernie. But then sadly switched it to Hillary.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #590 on: March 01, 2016, 11:49:59 PM »

According to 538, this is how Bernie performed relative to his benchmarks:

CO: +6
OK: +6

MN: -1
VT: -11
MA: -14
GA: -16
VA: -20
TX: -22
AR: -25
TN: -35
AL: -41
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #591 on: March 01, 2016, 11:50:23 PM »

Super Tuesday is also deceptive in determining who will win. Clinton has an obvious advantage in the South.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #592 on: March 01, 2016, 11:50:59 PM »

OUCH! That stings!
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #593 on: March 01, 2016, 11:51:10 PM »

Looks like a landslide folks.
○∙◄☻„tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #594 on: March 01, 2016, 11:51:33 PM »

Yeah according to them Bernie is going to win everything from here on out...

The entire former confederacy except for Kentucky will be done voting by the 15th.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #595 on: March 01, 2016, 11:51:57 PM »

Super Tuesday is also deceptive in determining who will win. Clinton has an obvious advantage in the South.

Not really. She has roughly 45% of all delegates she needs to clinch the nomination after tonight. In a few weeks it's all but over.
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #596 on: March 01, 2016, 11:52:53 PM »

Not really. She has roughly 45% of all delegates she needs to clinch the nomination after tonight. After mid-March it's all but over.

No more deceptive than starting with the Whitey McWhitertons in Iowa and NH.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #597 on: March 01, 2016, 11:53:34 PM »

Looks like a landslide folks.
How many of those states were as good as the VT landslide for Sanders that was mysteriously omitted.
Reginald
« Reply #598 on: March 01, 2016, 11:53:53 PM »

Startling how poorly he did in Vermont. Isn't that his home state?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #599 on: March 01, 2016, 11:54:14 PM »

She now has a massive lead even among pledged delegates.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies