Do you know someone who won't vote for Hillary because she's a women?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 06:12:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Do you know someone who won't vote for Hillary because she's a women?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: you know the drill
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: Do you know someone who won't vote for Hillary because she's a women?  (Read 1410 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2016, 12:07:34 AM »

People often tend not to be aware of their cognitive biases. Who knows why anyone does anything?
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2016, 06:11:59 AM »

Actually take back what I said, One of my friends mothers won't vote for Hillary because she doesn't think women are capable of handling such a job. The best thing is she is a registered Democrat and a woman herself, she's also voting for Bernie today and will vote for the Republican in the general.
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2016, 07:21:27 AM »

Yes, sadly.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2016, 09:56:07 AM »

No, at least not openly.

But I do know a bunch of people who are supporting her just because she's a woman, and they are very open about it.

Which is as stupid as opposing her because of gender.
Eh, it's slightly less ridiculous to support a candidate because you believe her election will lead to greater equality for women than it is to oppose a candidate because 'A WOMAN'S PLACE IS IN THE HOME YOU GUYS!' At least the goal is admirable, even if the rationale is seriously flawed.

I beg to differ. Supporting a candidate because she's a woman is just as bad as supporting a candidate because he's a man.

If you think that she's identical to Sanders on every other issue, or all the issues that you care about, or they disagree with you on an equal number of issues (e.g. "I like Clinton's position on guns but I like Sanders's position on health care") then I guess gender could serve as a nice "tiebreaker."

However, I honestly doubt there are any people who say "I agree with Sanders's positions more on every issue, I think he would be a very competent President, and he's by far the more electable candidate, but I'm voting for Clinton because she's a woman." People who say that almost always have some other reason they support Hillary, and are just listing her gender as one of the things they like about her.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies