Who won this one?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:23:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who won this one?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: The big one, our first 1v1 duel of the cycle
Big Blue (Hill)

Old Faithful (Bern)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 71

Author Topic: Who won this one?  (Read 1729 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2016, 02:39:52 AM »

Obviously Bernie has less experience than Hillary in turning the middle east into a sh**thole. But that's not a bad thing.

I'm not a Clinton fan but that's a gross mischaracterization of her work in foreign policy. Aside from the Iraq war vote, Clinton is clearly much more qualified to wear the Presidential hat of Commander in Chief. Domestic policy issues and general presidential qualities are another question, but I do not doubt Clinton's experience and expertise as an international leader.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2016, 03:04:27 AM »

Obviously Bernie has less experience than Hillary in turning the middle east into a sh**thole. But that's not a bad thing.

I'm not a Clinton fan but that's a gross mischaracterization of her work in foreign policy. Aside from the Iraq war vote, Clinton is clearly much more qualified to wear the Presidential hat of Commander in Chief. Domestic policy issues and general presidential qualities are another question, but I do not doubt Clinton's experience and expertise as an international leader.

She voted for Kyl-Lieberman, supported arming the Syrian jihadists, and seems to think Saudi Arabia is a better ally than Iran. She said she supports a no fly zone where Russian planes are flying. So either it won't apply to Russian planes, and will have no effect, or it will start World War 3.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2016, 04:03:42 AM »

She voted for Kyl-Lieberman, supported arming the Syrian jihadists, and seems to think Saudi Arabia is a better ally than Iran. She said she supports a no fly zone where Russian planes are flying. So either it won't apply to Russian planes, and will have no effect, or it will start World War 3.

I don't have anything to add to this conversation but I just wanted to preserve "she seems to think Saudi Arabia is a better ally than Iran."
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2016, 07:15:18 AM »

Clinton won on foreign policy but blew whatever credibility she has established with the Kissinger mention. The idea that any Democrat would tote Kissinger's support as a positive in 2015 - in a primary! - is deeply unsettling.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2016, 08:39:17 AM »

Hillary seriously f_cked up in the beginning. The first 30 minutes I thought she was going to wreck her own campaign and fulfill the "spiteful, slimy, hateable lawyer" image that everyone attacks her on. She did not handle the answers about campaign donations well (even though I think this "guilt by donation" thing is completely bullsh_t and low blow). There was severe discomfort; that was awful to watch.

But after that, she completely dominated the debate. Ending strongly is more important than starting, and even though there was blood in the beginning, they ended on a positive note. But she recovered with strong answers on Flint, electability, successfully tied herself to Obama, and absolutely crushed on foreign policy.

So in the end, Hillary. Bernie failed to destroy her, and she recovered and made a strong case for herself.
I'm not going to deny that she struggled with her answers on corporate donations and Wall Street, etc., but I think we must have been watching different debates at the beginning. The first question was about whether Clinton was a true Progressive, and I think she totally shut down that line of attack from Sanders. Since Sanders is the one saying or implying she isn't one, it really fell upon him to make the case, and it was obvious that he totally failed to do so while Clinton offered a vociferous defense of her work on progressive causes. Her answer on that issue was extremely well prepped and set up the rest of the debate for a really strong showing for her.

Yes, you're right, I forgot about the labels part. That was pretty good.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies