Your most hated 20th century president
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 04:36:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Your most hated 20th century president
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Pick him:
William McKinley

Theodore Roosevelt

William Taft

Woodrow Wilson

Warren Harding

Calvin Coolidge

Herbert Hoover

Franklin Roosevelt

Harry Truman

Dwight Eisenhower

John Kennedy

Lyndon Johnson

Richard Nixon

Gerald Ford

James Carter

Ronald Reagan

George H.W. Bush

William Clinton

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 48

Author Topic: Your most hated 20th century president  (Read 4228 times)
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 25, 2005, 03:11:15 PM »

FDR, though Wilson is close.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 03:12:57 PM »

Nixon.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 03:16:47 PM »

I don't hate any of them, but Carter, Johnson, and Wilson were the three worst of this century.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 03:20:48 PM »

Carter didn't really even do anything.
DanimalBr

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 03:25:38 PM »

I don't hate any of the Presidents.   While I strongly disagree with some of their policies, I admire each and everyone of the men who have held that office because it's a responsibility to the likes of which most of us could probably not comprehened.    

For me, I don't know why anybody would want to be President.   You have no private life, you automatically make yourself a target for potential assains and terrorists, and your autmoatically going to have people hate you just because of who you are.    There is no way I would ever want to be president.  

To answer your question though, of the presidents on the list, FDR is the one I most dissaprove of policy wise while Bill Clinton is the one who I dislike the most personality wise.    But I'll still admit they have guts to do what they do.  
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2005, 03:27:21 PM »

For me, I don't know why anybody would want to be President.   ... There is no way I would ever want to be president.   

Power.

So if God offered you the presidency, you'd turn it down?
DanimalBr

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2005, 03:30:05 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2005, 03:47:55 PM by DanimalBr »

For me, I don't know why anybody would want to be President.   ... There is no way I would ever want to be president.   

Power.

So if God offered you the presidency, you'd turn it down?

Your dang skippy I would.   I don't want that kind of responsibility.   It's headache enough sometimes just trying to run Presidential Survivor on this board.   I can't even imagine what trying to run the most powerful country in the world must be like.   I don't want to be the one everyone blames when things aren't going good, even the stuff that's out of my control.   I sure don't want to have to live in an office like the White House where my job surrounds me every waking moment.    I sneeze, burp, or pass gas and it'll be all over the evening news.    Most importantly, I don't want to be the one to have to make all the difficult decisions like whether or not to send young men and women to war to get killed.   I can't even fathom what that must be like.   

Yeah,  my small and borring life that I have doesn't have any glamor or power.  But I'm happy with it and it works for me.   Smiley
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 03:52:09 PM »

Also LBJ.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2005, 04:13:35 PM »

I protest, you can only chose one.
Bugs

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2005, 06:31:07 PM »

I don't hate any of the Presidents.   While I strongly disagree with some of their policies, I admire each and everyone of the men who have held that office because it's a responsibility to the likes of which most of us could probably not comprehened.   

For me, I don't know why anybody would want to be President.   You have no private life, you automatically make yourself a target for potential assains and terrorists, and your autmoatically going to have people hate you just because of who you are.    There is no way I would ever want to be president.   

Well said.
To answer your question though, of the presidents on the list, FDR is the one I most dissaprove of policy wise while Bill Clinton is the one who I dislike the most personality wise.    But I'll still admit they have guts to do what they do. 
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2005, 10:55:32 PM »

LBJ by far
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2005, 10:56:54 PM »

Nixon
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2005, 10:56:58 PM »

Reagan.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2005, 10:58:24 PM »

Carter, though not really hate.  Really dislike.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2005, 11:18:36 PM »

Reagan:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, he was the worst president of all time. And for the love of god don't post replies saying "he won the cold war". That is a gross simplification of internal Soviet politics. (And I hate communism as much as you all do, so don't say that either).

I understand why the other side hates FDR, but I'm surprised at the dislike of LBJ.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2005, 11:44:44 PM »

Reagan:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, he was the worst president of all time. And for the love of god don't post replies saying "he won the cold war". That is a gross simplification of internal Soviet politics. (And I hate communism as much as you all do, so don't say that either).

I understand why the other side hates FDR, but I'm surprised at the dislike of LBJ.

FDR had the depression as an excuse to redistribute wealth; what's LBJ's excuse?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2005, 11:46:54 PM »

Reagan:

FDR had the depression as an excuse to redistribute wealth; what's LBJ's excuse?

Prosperity.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2005, 11:48:20 PM »

Reagan:

Prosperity.

Fair enough
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2005, 11:52:47 PM »

My most hated Presidents of the 20th century for me were probably Carter (Dem.) and Hoover (Rep.), obviously.  Thank God they didn't stay in office longer.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2005, 12:21:17 AM »

Johnson.  Wavered a bit on him recently (LBJ library does a good job of brainwashing Wink ), but yeah.  He still takes the cake.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2005, 12:37:50 AM »

Wilson is by far the worst President of the 20th century.  While he had good intentions, he had lousy results and results count.  Remove him from history, and there is an excellent chance that neither Stalin nor Hitler comes to power.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2005, 12:20:57 PM »

Franklin Roosevelt, and it's a tossup for second place, Lyndon Johnson or Woodrow Wilson.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2005, 04:49:45 PM »

Wilson is by far the worst President of the 20th century.  While he had good intentions, he had lousy results and results count.  Remove him from history, and there is an excellent chance that neither Stalin nor Hitler comes to power.

I love you for this!
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2005, 02:37:45 AM »

I don't hate any of them, but Carter, Johnson, and Wilson were the three worst of this century.

I agree, except that I do hate Carter.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies