Multiple Victims Reported Shot In San Bernardino
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:28:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Multiple Victims Reported Shot In San Bernardino
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Multiple Victims Reported Shot In San Bernardino  (Read 22157 times)
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2015, 10:30:50 PM »

It does sound premeditated --he didn't rush home after an argument at the party and load everything up.  I guess the big question is how they obtained all that stuff and if someone helped them or can you just order all that stuff online?
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2015, 10:50:36 PM »

It does sound premeditated --he didn't rush home after an argument at the party and load everything up.  I guess the big question is how they obtained all that stuff and if someone helped them or can you just order all that stuff online?
With the market for survivalist supplies what it is, I imagine a lot of military grade equipment can be ordered online, no questions asked.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2015, 10:54:04 PM »

With the market for survivalist supplies what it is, I imagine a lot of military grade equipment can be ordered online, no questions asked.

You can literally buy almost anything online, but that doesn't mean it was bought/shipped legally.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2015, 11:38:14 PM »

Fox News and LA Times report woman suspect was a Qatari citizen.
MisSkeptic
United States

« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2015, 11:48:32 PM »

Fox News and LA Times report woman suspect was a Qatari citizen.

At this time I don't know if this shooting will be consider something like "work place violence," where one of the shooters was an employee or employed at the place where the shooting took place. But something tells me there's more this story that we don't know at the moment. It couldn't be a simple disgruntled employee who had a chip on his shoulder, and somehow got two of his buddies to shot at random people with him. This was planned in advanced. 
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2015, 11:49:58 PM »

Time for more xenophobia justification.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2015, 11:54:10 PM »

Would you have been happier if it was a white christian?
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2015, 11:56:23 PM »

Honestly yes. Because I know it wouldn't lead to violence against white people, Christian churches being protested against, and christians barred from entering the country.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2015, 11:59:32 PM »

Honestly yes. Because I know it wouldn't lead to violence against white people, Christian churches being protested against, and christians barred from entering the country.

I can't think of any violence against Muslims due to the recent terror attacks, only Liberals claiming it will happen.

Edit:  We shouldn't discuss it in this thread though
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2015, 12:01:39 AM »
« Edited: December 03, 2015, 12:18:52 AM by Kevin »

Ether way this target doesn't make sense.

If it was Islamic extremists(which looks certainly possible) why would they target a Christmas Party at a center for people with developmental disabilities?

It just doesn't make sense esp. when there are alot more attractive targets in the region for them to hit. Ex. Large shopping malls, a Jewish community center, military recruitment offices etc.

Also even if it was right-wing radicals the choice/venue of the target still doesn't make any sense at all. Considering terrorists acts are about symbolism above all else.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2015, 12:05:14 AM »

If it was Islamic extremists(which looks certainly possible) why would they target a Christmas Party at a center for people with developmental disabilities?

It just doesn't make sense esp. when there are alot more attractive targets in the region for them to hit. Ex. Large shopping malls, Jewish community centers, military recruitment offices etc.

Also even if it was right-wing radicals the choice/venue of the target still doesn't make any sense at all. Considering terrorists acts are about symbolism above all else.

It sounds like he was an employee there. Pretty much a combo of religious extremist + disgruntled office shooter.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2015, 12:06:18 AM »

It just doesn't make sense esp. when there are alot more attractive targets in the region for them to hit. Ex. Large shopping malls, Jewish community centers, military recruitment offices etc.

My thinking is that the terrorists (whatever their reasons) either worked here or had a connection to this place.  If they were ISIS inspired, maybe it was just that they were motivated by the recent attacks and chose their workplace etc. to make their move.  The location may not matter
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2015, 12:13:59 AM »

A former coworker said Sayed had just returned to work from paternity leave.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2015, 12:16:39 AM »

So far, only one person has been confirmed to work there. Assuming that doesn't change, then there has to be an ulterior motive. You wouldn't get two other people to attack your work place with you unless you all were wanting to simply senselessly murder people as terrorists or you had a political ax to grind.

At first, I was thinking that because the public health department provides access to contraception, morning after pills and "referrals" for other similar services that it was likely to be another nutty conservative white dude frothing over abortion. It still could be motivation along those lines, but it doesn't necessarily fit the profile of what would motivate multiple people of (presumably) Middle Eastern descent. At the same time, going after a public health department really isn't the ripest target, as others have already pointed out.

Whatever the case, I'm loving how conservatives instantly pivoted from "OMG FALSE FLAG OBUMMER GONNA GET OUR GUNS #WAKEUPSHEEPLE" when they assumed it was a white dude to "OMG ISIS INFILTRATORS LET'S OVERREACT TO THIS VERY REAL EVENT #SHEETOFGLASS" after they found out there were likely Muslims involved.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2015, 12:20:33 AM »
« Edited: December 03, 2015, 12:22:31 AM by Green Line »

So far, only one person has been confirmed to work there. Assuming that doesn't change, then there has to be an ulterior motive. You wouldn't get two other people to attack your work place with you unless you all were wanting to simply senselessly murder people as terrorists or you had a political ax to grind.

At first, I was thinking that because the public health department provides access to contraception, morning after pills and "referrals" for other similar services that it was likely to be another nutty conservative white dude frothing over abortion. It still could be motivation along those lines, but it doesn't necessarily fit the profile of what would motivate multiple people of (presumably) Middle Eastern descent. At the same time, going after a public health department really isn't the ripest target, as others have already pointed out.

Whatever the case, I'm loving how conservatives instantly pivoted from "OMG FALSE FLAG OBUMMER GONNA GET OUR GUNS #WAKEUPSHEEPLE" when they assumed it was a white dude to "OMG ISIS INFILTRATORS LET'S OVERREACT TO THIS VERY REAL EVENT #SHEETOFGLASS" after they found out there were likely Muslims involved.

Yes, people on twitter tweet dumb sh** all the time on both sides of the aisle, if those are the people you're referring to. I don't see anyone else who's done that pivot?  At least it sounds good though, right?!

I could go on twitter right now and find a bunch of dumb tweets from liberals, but is it really worth it?
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2015, 12:24:13 AM »

Yes, people on twitter tweet dumb sh** all the time on both sides of the aisle, if those are the people you're referring to. I don't see anyone else who's done that pivot?  At least it sounds good though, right?!

I could go on twitter right now and find a bunch of dumb tweets from liberals, but is it really worth it?

Hell you could look in this thread right now and find alot of dumb liberal comments.

Cough** Ebsy** Cough**** Cough****
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2015, 12:53:54 AM »

Fox News reports Joint Terrorism Task Force now involved.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2015, 12:54:14 AM »

It just doesn't make sense esp. when there are alot more attractive targets in the region for them to hit. Ex. Large shopping malls, a Jewish community center, military recruitment offices etc.

The disabilities angle has nothing to do with it.  The place he worked for (public health dept) had rented out a banquet hall for their Christmas party.  That's what the two gunmen opened fire on and left.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2015, 01:08:06 AM »

Yes, people on twitter tweet dumb sh** all the time on both sides of the aisle, if those are the people you're referring to. I don't see anyone else who's done that pivot?  At least it sounds good though, right?!

LOL, don't try to trivialize or marginalize the behavior, whether it be in this specific case or broadly-speaking. What you're trying to suggest here is a false equivalency.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2015, 01:10:03 AM »

The "red pill" demographic does that every time an event like this happens. If the shooter was white, false flag to take our guns. Shooter wasn't white, legitimate event. It's almost like they are crazy and irrational.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2015, 01:19:47 AM »
« Edited: December 03, 2015, 01:22:35 AM by Green Line »

LOL, don't try to trivialize or marginalize the behavior, whether it be in this specific case or broadly-speaking. What you're trying to suggest here is a false equivalency.

Dont try to trivialize random tweets from people on the internet?

What I'm suggesting is that you are a hack trying to spin a terrorist attack by picking out random internet quotes.

Edit: Im actually giving you too much credit because you havent even provided any evidence
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2015, 02:19:12 AM »

White person shoots random people: It's horrible that this person killed innocent people.

Brown person shoots random people: It's horrible that the media would call him mentally ill if he was a WHITE MAN!
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2015, 02:27:51 AM »

What I'm suggesting is that you are a hack trying to spin a terrorist attack by picking out random internet quotes.

Edit: Im actually giving you too much credit because you havent even provided any evidence

Not worth engaging dude ... they're turning it into a race thing.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #98 on: December 03, 2015, 02:51:37 AM »

Not worth engaging dude ... they're turning it into a race thing.

It's your side that wants to turn this into "OMG ISIS" before we even know all the facts and what motivated this attack. Not that this couldn't be terrorism inspired by ISIS or similar groups, but the target just seems odd. Regardless of what the motive ultimately turns out to be, I predict Trump or some other Republican will be out there calling for more Muslims to be targeted/registered or perhaps there might even be a call for a "final solution".
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #99 on: December 03, 2015, 05:25:50 AM »

Utter Scum, Utter Scum.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length