Do you believe there is a witch hunt against Carson?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 08:36:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Do you believe there is a witch hunt against Carson?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 64

Author Topic: Do you believe there is a witch hunt against Carson?  (Read 880 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 06, 2015, 07:09:21 PM »

He just gave a live press conference and there was a fiery exchange between him and members of the media that continued for about 10 minutes. DO you think there is a witch hunt against him?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 07:12:29 PM »

I hope so.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 07:30:26 PM »

Me too, for America's sake.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 07:36:37 PM »

I think the ratings sharks have scented blood in the water and are now circling. So, the media are not providing him with the interview question equivalent of nonstop fellatio anymore. That's not a witch-hunt though, it's just the metastasizing realization that his public image is a brittle fraud.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 07:39:04 PM »

He's finally being held accountable for his long, long, long, long, long, long... list of STUPID comments, and dishonesty in some cases.

That's not a witch hunt. That's the media finally doing their job when it comes to him.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 07:42:06 PM »

He's finally being held accountable for his long, long, long, long, long, long... list of STUPID comments, and dishonesty in some cases.

That's not a witch hunt. That's the media finally doing their job when it comes to him.

I'm guessing that many people and organizations have been sitting on their best Carson clips and waiting for the opportune (ratings-wise) moment to deploy them. But so far no one is doing anything but pointing at things he actually did, said, or wrote. No one, for example, is asking to dig through his emails to "prove" what he meant about Fox News and Cuba, or suggesting a committee dive through West Point correspondence.
Hydera

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 07:55:32 PM »

No.

Every candidate has faced intense scrutiny.  So its possible to say that every candidate has a witchhunt against them.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2015, 07:55:03 PM »

Considering how many threads about him there are here it's pretty obvious.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2015, 10:24:01 PM »

No, but I'm sure enough Republicans do that he's probably gained in the polls.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2015, 10:38:26 PM »

Is it still a witch hunt when you're actually a witch?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2015, 10:50:51 PM »

Is it still a witch hunt when you're actually a witch?

And they're burning him at the stake.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2015, 10:51:46 PM »

Carson is getting far less scrutiny than he deserves.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2015, 11:01:07 PM »

No there isn't. If Carson didn't make such stupid statements the media wouldn't challange him as much.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2015, 11:03:37 PM »

Yes, there is a witch hunt against Carson, even on this forum. Defending Carson from unsubstantiated attacks is a full time job.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2015, 11:15:26 PM »

Yes, there is a witch hunt against Carson, even on this forum. Defending Carson from unsubstantiated attacks is a full time job.

Unsubstantiated ?!?!
Oh boy .... you are going to be eating your words very soon, as more and more evidence, and more and more Carson "exaggerations" are disclosed by the media. (Yes, even from Fox News.)
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2015, 12:19:21 AM »

Unsubstantiated ?!?!
Oh boy .... you are going to be eating your words very soon, as more and more evidence, and more and more Carson "exaggerations" are disclosed by the media. (Yes, even from Fox News.)

So far the attacks have been unsubstantiated. If the evidence becomes available, they will no longer be unsubstantiated and I won't defend Carson anymore and I won't have to eat my words.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2015, 12:30:15 AM »
« Edited: November 09, 2015, 12:33:15 AM by SteveMcQueen »

I think the West Point attack is nonsense, the attacks about his childhood are weak, and the Yale story may have some teeth to it.

That Yale story follows such a common pattern for evangelical stories that it makes me think that if one were to read Carson's book there must be at least a dozen such stories that would jump out as being obviously parables.  If the man is running on this biography then those parables should be aired and he should be exposed and forced to defend them, if he can.

I don't think there's a witch hunt, I think now that he's a frontrunner the media outlets each have a guy reading Gifted Hands and going "wait, really?"  nothing wrong with that.

The real damage here comes not from the veracity of the stories but the fact that Carson is clearly showing that he's no Donald Trump as he repeatedly cracks under pressure and gets nasty in these press conferences.  This irate jerk with eyes wide as dinner plates is not the Ben Carson that has been sold to the voters.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2015, 12:39:28 AM »

Unsubstantiated ?!?!

Carson is just running to conservative persecution complex to defend himself.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2015, 01:12:09 AM »

Unsubstantiated ?!?!

So far the attacks have been unsubstantiated. If the evidence becomes available, they will no longer be unsubstantiated and I won't defend Carson anymore and I won't have to eat my words.

The reason I am questioning your use of "unsubstantiated," is because there is evidence now. It's just that you don't want to see it or hear it. Carson makes claims and says things, like this whole West Point story and the meeting/dinner with General Westmoreland. The stabbing tale, etc. But then Carson, changes what he said in the past, and claims to not remember all the specifics. So he creates excuses for everything, and blames his perfectly timed amnesia to details being 20, 30 or 40 years ago.

There is none so blind as he who refuses to see.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2015, 01:53:39 AM »

I'm guessing that many people and organizations have been sitting on their best Carson clips and waiting for the opportune (ratings-wise) moment to deploy them. But so far no one is doing anything but pointing at things he actually did, said, or wrote. No one, for example, is asking to dig through his emails to "prove" what he meant about Fox News and Cuba, or suggesting a committee dive through West Point correspondence.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2015, 03:20:44 PM »

Any Republican complaining about witch hunts after gloating about the Hillary email saga for months and Benghazi for years needs to get a grip.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2015, 08:38:06 AM »

Any Republican complaining about witch hunts after gloating about the Hillary email saga for months and Benghazi for years needs to get a grip.

Equating whether or not someone was told they could get into West Point if they applied with either the ongoing investigation of potential security issues involved with the use of a private email server or the ignoring of requests to bolster embassy security by a U.S. ambassador? Sorry, but I find your statement a bit of a stretch -- and I'm not gloating in the least.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies