When when Marco Rubio implode?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 03:31:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  When when Marco Rubio implode?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
November

December

January

February

March+

His campaign will not implode

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 79

Author Topic: When when Marco Rubio implode?  (Read 3663 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2015, 03:46:30 PM »

Also it's worth noting that I don't think a candidate who fails to win one of the first three states will get the nomination-Iowa is a hard one, NH has Christie and Kasich who are both going all in
RJEvans
MasterRegal
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2015, 04:40:32 PM »

Not convinced he will.

I won't be surprised if we see Marco Rubio, Nikki Haley and Paul Ryan at a joint session of Congress as the President, Vice President and Speaker, respectively. Talk about a new image of the GOP, how about the top three Republicans in their 40's.
mencken
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2015, 05:24:27 PM »

He's in no worse position to implode than anyone other than Cruz or Trump.

Triple negatives are difficult to put my head around; so you are saying that he is in no better position to implode than Cruz or Trump (but better positioned to implode than anyone else?) Just a bit odd, since I do not really think of Carson's support as being all that stable, and Cruz is only in high single digits.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2015, 05:29:31 PM »

In his second term after the Dems have taken back Congress.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2015, 06:15:53 PM »

Triple negatives are difficult to put my head around; so you are saying that he is in no better position to implode than Cruz or Trump (but better positioned to implode than anyone else?) Just a bit odd, since I do not really think of Carson's support as being all that stable, and Cruz is only in high single digits.

I'm saying this is such an overrated field, that Rubio really shouldn't be portrayed as a weak, substanceless candidate. He may very well have problems, but who really is going to take advantage of that?
FLgirl
Rookie

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2015, 06:29:11 PM »

Not convinced he will.

I won't be surprised if we see Marco Rubio, Nikki Haley and Paul Ryan at a joint session of Congress as the President, Vice President and Speaker, respectively. Talk about a new image of the GOP, how about the top three Republicans in their 40's.

This.
mencken
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2015, 06:39:08 PM »

I'm saying this is such an overrated field, that Rubio really shouldn't be portrayed as a weak, substanceless candidate. He may very well have problems, but who really is going to take advantage of that?

Paul Ryan is definitely, positively, not going to be a dark horse entrant, unless of course he can only campaign three days a week, and a supermajority of Republican voters from all factions agree to vote for him.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2015, 06:45:42 PM »

Rubio is quickly becoming the establishment and moderate wings candidate, soon he will trounce Jeb, Christie, Kasich and Fiorina and become the leading challenger to Cruz, Carson and Trump.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2015, 06:59:02 PM »

When people realize he's just an actor who memorizes his lines. Trump can think on his feet.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2015, 07:33:34 PM »

When people realize he's just an actor who memorizes his lines. Trump can think on his feet.
You think? For a minute there, was thinking Ronald Reagan, didn't he kinda serve as America's 40th President for two terms or something? & wasn't he an actor something uh? he he...um cool and stuff😊
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2015, 07:41:46 PM »

Doesn't Rubio have to 'explode' before he can implode?
bobloblaw
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2015, 08:14:41 PM »

good actors can improvise
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2015, 08:51:32 PM »

His campaign will not implode. I think he will most likely be the 2016 Republican presidential nominee unless Trump continues to lead. I think that it will be Paul, Cruz, Rubio, Carson, Kasich, Fiorina will be around in April.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2015, 10:23:58 PM »

The anti-Bush bias by some is amusing. Don't count out Bush, debates are not his strong suit, but he's great at town balls and in media interviews.

But Rubio is going to slowly surge as Trump and Carson eventually decline in polls.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2015, 10:37:11 PM »

The anti-Bush bias by some is amusing. Don't count out Bush, debates are not his strong suit, but he's great at town balls and in media interviews.

But Rubio is going to slowly surge as Trump and Carson eventually decline in polls.

I'm thinking balls aren't the best way to connect with average Joes.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2015, 10:47:41 PM »

I think Cruz is better positioned to pick up their supporters, particularly the evangelicals, social conservatives, anti-immigrant and tea-party types (if there's any difference).
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2015, 11:13:24 PM »

Yeah, if Cruz can outlast Trump and Carson, he'll benefit from their voters. Rubio will surge when Bush, Kasich, Christie, Graham, Pataki disappear. It could be a matter of which "wing" coalesces around their guy first.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2015, 08:28:27 AM »

The thing that might doom Rubio's campaign would be if Trump keeps referring to him as "Rubs", like he did in this tweet:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/660795917973499904?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Who wants to vote for a guy named "Rubs"?
bobloblaw
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2015, 11:27:40 AM »

Im counting out Bush. NO ONE WANTS HIM and the fact the GO Primary voters are rejecting him while libs support Hillary says mountains about the lack of integrity that exists on the left today.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2015, 01:28:02 PM »

It's actually pretty hard to find where Rubio will be.

He's in IA today and will be back there on 11/20. He'll be in NH 11/4-5. He'll be in SC on 11/12.

Unless I'm missing something (quite possible) that's all of Rubio's early state activity in November.

I find it hard to bet on Rubio when the guy's barely running.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies