transgender individuals in the girls HS locker room?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:53:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  transgender individuals in the girls HS locker room?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: transgender individuals in the girls HS locker room?  (Read 9913 times)
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2015, 03:45:37 PM »

Why do people who have obviously been to one high school's locker room assume every single locker room operates in the exact same way?  I've seen a myriad of locker room configurations and if I had a 14 year old son or daughter I wouldn't want transexual teenagers in their locker rooms.

This transexual stuff is getting carried too far.  Even as a heterosexual male I think the sexuality thing in high school is really over blown.  With the benefit of a few years hind sight there is no girl I liked or dated in high school that I would date now.  Acting like people have it all figured out when they are 16 is just crazy.  Even if my kid thought they were transexual I would tell them to grow up and learn a lot more about themselves before running around saying they want to use the girl's locker room.

Given the abysmal test scores in America I'm shocked that the most important thing some people can worry about is letting human beings with penises use the women's locker room.

Tell me more about your unique insight from this highly unique background!

Also, what a cop-out last sentence. So the reward for getting better test answers is hormones or something? Lmao

Comrade, heterosexual males are truly the bane of society! A man is not a man until he has had sex with another man, am I right, comrade!

mods pls ban
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2015, 04:52:19 PM »

Every time the subject of high school locker room showers come up I only have one thing to say.

Put doors in them.

Boom, problems solved. No need to have debates on these issues when nobody can see each other anyway.

I don't understand this stupid obsession with group showering. Why would teenagers going through puberty need to share showers like this? I don't understand it at all, and I'm American.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2015, 05:00:57 PM »

Why do people who have obviously been to one high school's locker room assume every single locker room operates in the exact same way?  I've seen a myriad of locker room configurations and if I had a 14 year old son or daughter I wouldn't want transexual teenagers in their locker rooms.

This transexual stuff is getting carried too far.  Even as a heterosexual male I think the sexuality thing in high school is really over blown.  With the benefit of a few years hind sight there is no girl I liked or dated in high school that I would date now.  Acting like people have it all figured out when they are 16 is just crazy.  Even if my kid thought they were transexual I would tell them to grow up and learn a lot more about themselves before running around saying they want to use the girl's locker room.

Given the abysmal test scores in America I'm shocked that the most important thing some people can worry about is letting human beings with penises use the women's locker room.

Tell me more about your unique insight from this highly unique background!

Also, what a cop-out last sentence. So the reward for getting better test answers is hormones or something? Lmao

I am merely saying this BS amongst heterosexuals that high school is the greatest days of your life is garbage.  Maybe you are right.  Maybe high school life would have been grand for me and held so much more long term meaning if I had done it as a tranny.

I don't care what your orientation is nor what physical genitalia you have.  High school is BS.  If you define yourself or do any substantial sexual exploration in high school your life is pathetic.  The things I have seen and the people that I have met since then really put that whole sad limited confined and ignorant portion of my life into perspective.  I don't know anyone who even spoke to their senior prom date three years later.  It was all meaningless BS.  I think what adults told me was a pathetic snow job.  The best advice I could have gotten is don't take any of this crap seriously.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2015, 05:03:39 PM »

I don't understand this stupid obsession with group showering.

It's not an obsession.  It's just a cost effective mechanism employed in certain settings.  By the way never join the military if this ruffles your feathers.  The stories my friends told me from boot camp would give you a heart attack.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2015, 05:04:31 PM »

This thread is making two violations. In one case there is profanity in the subject and in the other it was changed to an even worse micro aggression by referring to girls as boys. Mods please.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2015, 05:11:25 PM »

This is a very complex issue, where any solution will make some people unhappy. So I suggest the greatest solution ever which will make no one unhappy... ban locker rooms. First I thought that unisex would be the way to go, but why not go for the ultimate solution, just ban things which force us to think and make hard decisions. It works on everything, somebody is unhappy about their lack of access to something ban Ban BAn BAN BAN BAN IT. We will never again have to think outside black and white, we now have the ultimate end solution to any complex issue.

BAN IT
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2015, 05:25:04 PM »

BAN IT

Or we could just have regular locker rooms like the high school I went to and let people explore their sexuality on their own time.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2015, 05:29:56 PM »

This thread is making two violations. In one case there is profanity in the subject and in the other it was changed to an even worse micro aggression by referring to girls as boys. Mods please.
Not sure if serious...
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2015, 05:34:32 PM »

I don't understand this stupid obsession with group showering.

It's not an obsession.  It's just a cost effective mechanism employed in certain settings.  By the way never join the military if this ruffles your feathers.  The stories my friends told me from boot camp would give you a heart attack.

Military ≠ High School gym class

High school gym class is for most everyone. The military is not.

Doors aren't expensive, and even if you want to keep the cheaper group showers than maybe have one "special" shower to make sure that transgender students don't have to go into the shower of the gender they don't identify as. It would be exclusionist but useful to preempt unwanted drama and angry debate.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2015, 05:41:03 PM »

Not sure if serious...

Ah, you're right.  My bad. This is not a micro aggression but full on aggressive transphobia to label people falsely.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2015, 05:41:50 PM »

I'm glad I evaded as much PE as possible.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2015, 05:43:32 PM »

BAN IT

Or we could just have regular locker rooms like the high school I went to and let people explore their sexuality on their own time.

Well personally I mostly get that this is complex intellectually, I have bathed with people I know to be gay, I don't care, I have been in public shower, while a cleaning lady began to clean the floors, I didn't care neither did the other mens in the showers, we all just ignored her. If I had to shower together with naked women, I would do the same as when I shower with naked men; ignore them. So this person could share locker room with the girls, the boys, having a private one or the school could have a uni-sex locker room. But you people live in another cultural context, so I get it's complex for you people.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2015, 08:12:32 PM »

I agree.  Which is why I support transgender people in the military and I support the historical status quo in high schools.

Again there is the assumption you have seen every configuration of locker room and can take two seconds to come up with a solution.  Be open minded man.  Just pause for a minute and ponder the possibility you haven't seen everything.

Where do you just put the inexpensive doors?

Well personally I mostly get that this is complex intellectually, I have bathed with people I know to be gay, I don't care, I have been in public shower, while a cleaning lady began to clean the floors, I didn't care neither did the other mens in the showers, we all just ignored her. If I had to shower together with naked women, I would do the same as when I shower with naked men; ignore them. So this person could share locker room with the girls, the boys, having a private one or the school could have a uni-sex locker room. But you people live in another cultural context, so I get it's complex for you people.

And I graduated from college.  That doesn't mean most people graduate from college.  You can't expect the majority of people to live their life the way you do.  You need to be a bit more open minded.

🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2015, 08:17:54 PM »

Forcing kids to shower together, trans or no trans, is pretty grim. Just cough up for some individual stalls, wtf.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2015, 08:31:08 PM »

Torie: please change the title, it's actually worse than the old one, as you are implicitly misgendering the student instead of  using a mildly offensive word
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2015, 08:34:40 PM »

Torie: please change the title, it's actually worse than the old one, as you are implicitly misgendering the student instead of  using a mildly offensive word

The title should be "Transgender girls in the girls locker room"
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2015, 08:36:58 PM »
« Edited: October 17, 2015, 08:42:32 PM by DavidB. »

Are you people actually serious with this pc stuff? Good lord... I mean, I'd obviously call a trans person however they would like to be called, in terms of names and pronouns and stuff, which is just normal social behavior, and it would be wrong not to call someone in the forum community by their preferred pronoun -- but I don't think people should be obliged do that on the internet as well if they don't feel like doing so when it comes to non-identified and non-present people.

And yeah, "Girls in the girls HS locker room?" is surely going to give the right message for this thread... Roll Eyes
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2015, 08:39:53 PM »

Are you people actually serious with this pc stuff? Good lord... I mean, I'd obviously call a trans person however they would like to be called, in terms of names and pronouns and stuff, which is just normal social behavior -- but I don't think people should be obliged do that on the internet as well if they don't feel like doing so when it comes to non-identified and non-present people.

And yeah, "Girls in the girls HS locker room?" is surely going to give the right message for this thread... Roll Eyes
I'm normally not a buddy of PC culture but this is a situation where I think a change is in order. It can just be "Transgender students in HS locker room".

The originally title was both non-PC and yet better than the current one for reasons already mentioned.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2015, 08:41:02 PM »

VS

Forcing kids to shower together, trans or no trans, is pretty grim. Just cough up for some individual stalls, wtf.

Who's right and who's crazy?  Forum, you decide.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2015, 04:01:38 AM »

YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2015, 06:32:24 AM »

dying irl
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2015, 07:39:40 AM »

Done. Thanks for pointing it out.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2015, 07:57:27 AM »

Done. Thanks for pointing it out.
Transgendered
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2015, 08:05:38 AM »

Trans-girls are girls and should be allowed to use the girls locker room (normal).

but I don't think people should be obliged do that on the internet as well if they don't feel like doing so when it comes to non-identified and non-present people.

So it's okay to misgender people as long as they aren't present? wow.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2015, 08:14:18 AM »

I'm so glad that is a parody account. What I am not glad about is the number of actual young Republicans I know from PBC who actually think its real and agree with some of the sentiments shared.

.....ok, so it's actually one guy, but still, that is one too many.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies