transgender individuals in the girls HS locker room?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:05:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  transgender individuals in the girls HS locker room?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: transgender individuals in the girls HS locker room?  (Read 9922 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 17, 2015, 01:19:31 AM »
« edited: October 18, 2015, 09:41:33 AM by Torie »

Feds reject school district's plan for transgender student, locker room-Chicago Tribune
You must be logged in to read this quote.
I agree with the school district.  Why does one student's rights trump every other female's in the school?

[risque title modified by Torie]
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 01:46:46 AM »

Maybe locker rooms are different in the US, but I'm pretty sure when changing for PE in school, I never needed to expose my genitals. Huh So I'm sure the girls will be spared the horrors of a loose peen...
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 01:58:05 AM »

Maybe locker rooms are different in the US, but I'm pretty sure when changing for PE in school, I never needed to expose my genitals. Huh So I'm sure the girls will be spared the horrors of a loose peen...

I'm not familiar with IL rules, but as far as MN public schooling (in my district) goes, you're correct - you never have to expose your genitals. But there are showers in there that you are allowed to use if desired (and likely would use if you ever enrolled in some after school athletic activity), and there's nothing saying you can't get completely naked if you wanted to for some reason.

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 02:04:02 AM »

Is there no such thing called "door" that you can lock in US school showers ?

I remember when we had PE and wanted to shower, we'd go in - lock the door behind us, shower - and get out again.

No need to show our penises to anyone ...
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 02:08:14 AM »

I remember when we had PE and wanted to shower, we'd go in - lock the door behind us, shower - and get out again.

Nope. MN high school showers (in my district) are group shower style, no curtains.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 02:08:31 AM »

No, the showers might, at most, have dividers like there are at mens urinals, but definitely no doors
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2015, 02:10:13 AM »

I went to school a hundred years ago, but there was no privacy in the changing rooms.  Most people didn't go around naked, but I saw more weaners than I wanted to.  It was MUCH worse in basic training.  The locker rooms at the military gyms I go to/have been to was somewhere in between, and it is mostly older dudes that just hang out (and I mean HANG out) in the locker rooms, butt ass naked, just chatting with other old naked dudes.  People over the age of 50 have NO modesty.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2015, 02:10:19 AM »

Well, then it should probably be a priority to build shower rooms with doors that you can lock from the inside - rather than bombing Middle-East countries and waste trillions of $$$ there ...

What do you think ?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2015, 07:45:40 AM »

"The battle for equal access"

lol
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2015, 07:56:14 AM »

I like how the article doesn't mention a single instance of a female student in this school saying she'd be upset about this.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2015, 08:49:50 AM »

I like how the article doesn't mention a single instance of a female student in this school saying she'd be upset about this.

You just have to clap your hands and believe that they're there.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2015, 09:47:39 AM »

Well, in my Dutch high school (you know, the country where 82% of all people is in favor of SSM, and likely 95% in my school) there were even bigoted girls in my class who were gossiping about being "scared" that a lesbian girl in our class went to the same locker room - behind her back, of course. Mindboggling, of course. Anyway, regardless of what one thinks about this story themselves, it isn't hard to imagine high school kids being against sharing a locker room with trans people.
Col. Roosevelt
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2015, 09:55:40 AM »

Comrades, comrades - embrace this new America. If you are white, straight, Christian, and male, you are not invited (Don't worry, good friends, useful idiots and dear Comrades - we are putting sterilizers in their drinking water!). Embrace this new America where boys can be girls, white women can become black, and girls can be boys and every word is a trigger. Embrace, Comrades, your new America.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2015, 09:57:41 AM »

Comrades, comrades - embrace this new America. If you are white, straight, Christian, and male, you are not invited (Don't worry, good friends, useful idiots and dear Comrades - we are putting sterilizers in their drinking water!). Embrace this new America where boys can be girls, white women can become black, and girls can be boys and every word is a trigger. Embrace, Comrades, your new America.

TIL I'm getting sterilized. Sad Sad Sad
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2015, 10:26:32 AM »

Well, these kids are ... kids.  Their parents' concerns are very much relevant.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2015, 10:45:15 AM »

Its already a bit blurred because the reason why boys and girls should be separated is presumably mainly to avoid being stared at by someone who sees you as a sex object, and this is already contradicted by gays sharing lockers with their own sex (boys being too dominant and annoying would be another reason, but also not relevant here). So why not admit a transsexual?
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2015, 11:07:23 AM »

Why do people who have obviously been to one high school's locker room assume every single locker room operates in the exact same way?  I've seen a myriad of locker room configurations and if I had a 14 year old son or daughter I wouldn't want transexual teenagers in their locker rooms.

This transexual stuff is getting carried too far.  Even as a heterosexual male I think the sexuality thing in high school is really over blown.  With the benefit of a few years hind sight there is no girl I liked or dated in high school that I would date now.  Acting like people have it all figured out when they are 16 is just crazy.  Even if my kid thought they were transexual I would tell them to grow up and learn a lot more about themselves before running around saying they want to use the girl's locker room.

Given the abysmal test scores in America I'm shocked that the most important thing some people can worry about is letting human beings with penises use the women's locker room.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2015, 11:15:33 AM »

Agreeable, but by the time of HS (I know it some states and districts it begins as early as 7th grade, but still), I'd expect teenagers to be given their own opinions on the matter.
Col. Roosevelt
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2015, 11:22:31 AM »

How long until Cultural Marxists begin to normalize pedophilia as being just an alternative form of sexuality that people are born with, a lifestyle that should be respected?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2015, 11:24:32 AM »

Agreeable, but by the time of HS (I know it some states and districts it begins as early as 7th grade, but still), I'd expect teenagers to be given their own opinions on the matter.

Perhaps you are all overlooking the walk-out protests staged by students in similar situations. Not that I agree with them in the slightest, but they exist in massive numbers. Probably best to leave them out of it.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2015, 11:27:25 AM »

How long until Cultural Marxists begin to normalize pedophilia as being just an alternative form of sexuality that people are born with, a lifestyle that should be respected?
how is this  relevant to this discussion? ?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2015, 11:29:25 AM »

I fully expect this to be the SJW cause celebre in a couple of decades yes
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2015, 11:51:09 AM »

how is this  relevant to this discussion? ?

Nothing Col. Roosevelt writes is really relevant to any discussion. He just likes to troll.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2015, 02:56:53 PM »

Why do people who have obviously been to one high school's locker room assume every single locker room operates in the exact same way?  I've seen a myriad of locker room configurations and if I had a 14 year old son or daughter I wouldn't want transexual teenagers in their locker rooms.

This transexual stuff is getting carried too far.  Even as a heterosexual male I think the sexuality thing in high school is really over blown.  With the benefit of a few years hind sight there is no girl I liked or dated in high school that I would date now.  Acting like people have it all figured out when they are 16 is just crazy.  Even if my kid thought they were transexual I would tell them to grow up and learn a lot more about themselves before running around saying they want to use the girl's locker room.

Given the abysmal test scores in America I'm shocked that the most important thing some people can worry about is letting human beings with penises use the women's locker room.

Tell me more about your unique insight from this highly unique background!

Also, what a cop-out last sentence. So the reward for getting better test answers is hormones or something? Lmao
Col. Roosevelt
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2015, 03:29:57 PM »

Tell me more about your unique insight from this highly unique background!

Also, what a cop-out last sentence. So the reward for getting better test answers is hormones or something? Lmao

Comrade, heterosexual males are truly the bane of society! A man is not a man until he has had sex with another man, am I right, comrade!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies