New Mexico - Montana Regional Bill
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:14:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Mexico - Montana Regional Bill
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: New Mexico - Montana Regional Bill  (Read 11508 times)
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2005, 10:48:44 PM »

Well, I want one question answered before I do anything:  Is True Democrat okay with moving?

As I have just announced my bid for the Pacific Senate seat, at this time I am not ookay with moving.  I would be happy to swtich Montana and New Mexico as soon as I am able to move again after the election.  If the billl were amended to include this, I would accept that.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2005, 12:28:19 AM »

Well, I want one question answered before I do anything:  Is True Democrat okay with moving?

As I have just announced my bid for the Pacific Senate seat, at this time I am not ookay with moving.  I would be happy to swtich Montana and New Mexico as soon as I am able to move again after the election.  If the billl were amended to include this, I would accept that.

Fwiw, I will write an amendment dealing with this transfer set up in a manner to be acceptable to True Democrat, if it is also acceptable to WMS also.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2005, 01:56:22 AM »

Well, True Democrat moved to Montana on April 25, and we now have it so that you have to stay two months, so the earliest he can move is June 25.

To give him a little time to move, I propose the following amendment:

Clause III shall be stricken and replaced with the following:

Clause III

This bill shall take effect immediately on July 1, 2005.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2005, 10:25:39 AM »

Well, True Democrat moved to Montana on April 25, and we now have it so that you have to stay two months, so the earliest he can move is June 25.

Clause III

I would be open to that.  I would like to thank the Atlasian Senate, WMS, and all Governors involved for showing Atlasia how to work together to get something done.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2005, 01:32:41 PM »

Clause III

I am fine with this also.  Though I might think it best to intersperse some language into this saying:

Once approved by the residents of New Mexico and Montana by plebiscite and by the Midwest and Pacific Regions, this bill shall take effect immediately on July 1, 2005.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2005, 08:44:31 PM »

Clause III

I am fine with this also.  Though I might think it best to intersperse some language into this saying:

Once approved by the residents of New Mexico and Montana by plebiscite and by the Midwest and Pacific Regions, this bill shall take effect immediately on July 1, 2005.

I agree with Senator Spade. I think the language in that amendment leaves less to interpretation and makes the transfer of the states a matter open to much less bickering over procedure.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2005, 08:58:57 PM »

Clause III

Good point.  How about this; I think it's the most clear I can make it, to account for the possibility that the approval might take a while:

This bill shall take effect immediately on July 1, 2005 or once approved by the residents of New Mexico and Montana by plebiscite and by the Midwest and Pacific Regions, whichever occurs at a later time.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2005, 11:06:14 PM »

Clause III

Good point.  How about this; I think it's the most clear I can make it, to account for the possibility that the approval might take a while:

This bill shall take effect immediately on July 1, 2005 or once approved by the residents of New Mexico and Montana by plebiscite and by the Midwest and Pacific Regions, whichever occurs at a later time.

Possibly, though the only worry I honestly have is that we'll have another situation where someone moves into Montana or New Mexico wants to stay in the Pacific or Midwest Regions specifically, gumming the whole thing up once again.

I would like it so that once the thing is passed by the parties involved, it will happen regardless, on July 1, 2005.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2005, 06:48:05 PM »

Fwiw, I will write an amendment dealing with this transfer set up in a manner to be acceptable to True Democrat, if it is also acceptable to WMS also.

Okay. I'd like to move sooner but this will be acceptable. Smiley
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2005, 07:51:43 PM »

Clause III

Possibly, though the only worry I honestly have is that we'll have another situation where someone moves into Montana or New Mexico wants to stay in the Pacific or Midwest Regions specifically, gumming the whole thing up once again.

I would like it so that once the thing is passed by the parties involved, it will happen regardless, on July 1, 2005.

Well, it's impossible for this to take effect before it gets the approval of everyone involved; the latest amendment I proposed basically just specifically says so to avoid confusion.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2005, 09:39:44 PM »

Clause III

Well, it's impossible for this to take effect before it gets the approval of everyone involved; the latest amendment I proposed basically just specifically says so to avoid confusion.

ok, I understand.  Considering the approval of the parties involved, let's get this amendment up to vote so that we can get this thing passed.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2005, 12:33:41 AM »
« Edited: May 16, 2005, 12:11:03 PM by Senator Gabu, PPT »

Okay, I hereby open voting on this amendment:

Clause III

All senators in favor, vote "aye"; all against, vote "nay".

---

Aye.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2005, 06:25:56 AM »

Nay  The people in the states should vote (yes there's only 1 in each state) to decide if both of them want to move.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2005, 06:40:16 AM »

The people in the states should vote (yes there's only 1 in each state) to decide if both of them want to move.

Thats what the clause says.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2005, 06:43:25 AM »

The people in the states should vote (yes there's only 1 in each state) to decide if both of them want to move.

Thats what the clause says.

The voting is to strike Clause III from the bill.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2005, 06:45:43 AM »

The voting is to strike Clause III from the bill.

Clause IIIThis bill shall take effect immediately on July 1, 2005 or once approved by the residents of New Mexico and Montana by plebiscite and by the Midwest and Pacific Regions, whichever occurs at a later time.

Bolding emphasis added.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #116 on: May 16, 2005, 07:04:24 AM »

Then I'll change my vote to Yea.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #117 on: May 16, 2005, 01:29:46 PM »

lol

Aye on the amendment.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #118 on: May 16, 2005, 02:35:19 PM »

Yea.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #119 on: May 16, 2005, 03:16:01 PM »

Aye
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #120 on: May 16, 2005, 03:46:53 PM »

Aye
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #121 on: May 16, 2005, 03:51:05 PM »

Aye I guess.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #122 on: May 16, 2005, 03:53:17 PM »

With seven votes in favor to none against, the amendment has passed.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #123 on: May 16, 2005, 05:18:56 PM »

Aye.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: May 16, 2005, 05:22:20 PM »

For those of us horribly confused, here is the bill as it stands:

Clause I

The State of New Mexico shall henceforth be located in the Pacific Region.

Clause II

The State of Montana shall henceforth be located in the Midwest Region.

Clause III

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies