Re: An update on the life of your in-house Reverend :) 2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 04:57:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Re: An update on the life of your in-house Reverend :) 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 144
Author Topic: Re: An update on the life of your in-house Reverend :) 2  (Read 28591 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: August 08, 2010, 11:09:59 PM »

I’m not trashing the advice I’ve been given on the forum, and in fact I appreciate all the advice, but a man has to make his own mind up and make his own mistakes and own up to the mistakes he’s made.

That's the part that you're not doing.  When you make a mistake, you don't own up to it.  You just repeat the same mistake again and say "this time it's different".  When people try to point that out here, you frequently just ignore them.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #151 on: August 08, 2010, 11:13:03 PM »

Yeah, it's like a gambling addict saying "I probably shouldn't have bet my life savings on those five games of craps" rather than saying "I have a problem."
xavier110
United States
« Reply #152 on: August 08, 2010, 11:16:34 PM »

I do not need a therapist, and again, I feel happy and I feel content.

Just because you feel happy and content does not mean you do not need a therapist. You seem to desperately need one.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #153 on: August 08, 2010, 11:57:30 PM »

Whateva you sayin' it don't entertain his ego. Every time he touches this thread it turns into gold! He's got that magic in him!
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #154 on: August 09, 2010, 12:09:48 AM »

Jesse,

I’m fine, seriously.  I’ve read every bit of advice given to me on this forum and I have taken it to heart.   I still believe Ameriplan is a legitimate company, but I am looking for another office job to boost my income at least in the short term.  I do not believe that the only legitimate jobs are an 8-hour a day office job with limited advancement or working in the trades.   I am doing what I believe is best for myself and my future family.  Everybody’s path to success in the corporate world is different, and I see no reason why I cannot be successful with Ameriplan and feel good about it at the same time.  I also don’t believe that every MLM business is a scam.  It’s definitely not for everybody, but so far I’m doing pretty well in it, much better and much faster than I ever thought I would at this point.  I’ve already accomplished the necessary tasks to achieve my first promotion, which will boost my pay just a bit.  The thing is right now I am happy with my career choice and I am content with whatever happens with the relationship.  As I said earlier, August has been a really good month for me so far and we’re a quarter of the way through the month.  I’m not trashing the advice I’ve been given on the forum, and in fact I appreciate all the advice, but a man has to make his own mind up and make his own mistakes and own up to the mistakes he’s made.  Sure, I’ve made mistakes especially in the last half of July, but I’m happy with where I’m at and I do sleep well at night.  I do not need a therapist, and again, I feel happy and I feel content.

And again, you ignored the bulk of what I said. What I wrote was NOT an assessment of AmeriPlan alone. It was an assessment of your decision-making skills in general: your rushed engagement, bumbling into ON-Company and abandoning a legitimate job that potentially had a future, having your engagement broken because it was rushed, saying how you'll be better off without your ex-fiancé because she needed to grow up and would be expensive one minute, and the next minute, you're excited because she might be giving you another chance (all of which would have happened during the dating process for most people, so that they didn't blow money on an engagement ring and non-refundable honeymoon tickets).

And just days after your fiancé broke off the engagement by going through your parents, you're still counting down to an artificial date that never should have been set in the first place. If it was "love" and "meant to happen" as you claimed so quickly after your first date, then you wouldn't be going through these sorts of issues that are normally reserved for couples who are in the early phases of dating ... which is realistically where your relationship ought to be.

You can throw around all the "I've got to be a man and make my own mistakes" crap you want, but in order to be a man, you have to grow up. You haven't. You're making idiotic mistakes repeatedly, bumbling in on faith and completely blind to the realities around you. I believe I even predicted your "I'm OK" response, which in and of itself is a sign that you're not OK.

Jeff, you're 28 years old. "Success" in a career is variable, but at this point, you owe it to yourself and to those around you to be stable. You're not. Your sole source of income is an MLM of debatable legitimacy, which was your backup plan after nearly falling victim to an internet fraud / money-laundering scheme, and you're on your third failed engagement in as many years. Something is wrong with that picture.

Feeling "happy and content" with your life in the shambles that it is can only be a sign that you honestly need therapy. It's not that you should feel miserable, but you're ignoring the seriousness and desperation of your situation ... and those of us that believe you're telling the truth and have some measure of sympathy for you are concerned -- and rightfully so -- that you're going to keep on repeating this same pattern.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #155 on: August 09, 2010, 12:25:15 AM »

I'm not worrying about this like the job thing, everyone's got to learn from experience what works and what doesn't in relationships and this particular situation will resolve itself on its own one way or the other fairly soon.

And, on the job front, I've got an interview for a data entry position in the southern suburb of Moore, OK that would pay between $10-$12 an hour working 9-6 M-F.  This would allow me to get a consistent income while my business is building.  I still think Ameriplan is legit and I've had several people around here check it out and they are okay with it.  Not to mention, we were featured on Good Morning America this past Wednesday morning.  By the end of this week I will have already made $335 and will have acquired my first promotion.  It's not much, but it's a good start.

Real jobs pay you a minimum of thousands, if not tens of thousands, of dollars before they promote you.

I do not believe that the only legitimate jobs are an 8-hour a day office job with limited advancement or working in the trades.   

Real jobs involve an interview at the company location. Real jobs don't have to be 8-hours a day, be in an office, or have limited advancement, or working in the trades.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #156 on: August 09, 2010, 12:28:42 AM »

Check, please.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #157 on: August 09, 2010, 12:32:21 AM »

The waiter will be with you in one moment.  If she's not there in two or three months, please give a shout and we'll make sure to let her know that you're ready for your check.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #158 on: August 09, 2010, 12:33:56 AM »

The waiter will be with you in one moment.  If she's not there in two or three months, please give a shout and we'll make sure to let her know that you're ready for your check.

And, please do not be alarmed, the months estimate is in Oklahoma time.  She should be here in approximately 5-6 minutes NHB.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #159 on: August 09, 2010, 02:42:48 AM »

So he supposedly made $335 so far but how much has he (and his various family members) had to pay into Ameriplan so far? Hmm...
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #160 on: August 09, 2010, 02:49:28 AM »

So he supposedly made $335 so far but how much has he (and his various family members) had to pay into Ameriplan so far? Hmm...

It's been 2 weeks? He'd have twice that now working for McDonalds.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #161 on: August 09, 2010, 02:57:21 AM »

It's been 2 weeks? He'd have twice that now working for McDonalds.

That's doubtful but I still want to know how much he or the fantastical character he's created has had to pay into this thing.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #162 on: August 09, 2010, 02:57:40 AM »
« Edited: August 09, 2010, 03:05:58 AM by patrick1 »

Wasn't he supposed to be making a $600 a week salary?  No quotas, callbacks etc etc. Ugh.

BushOk on July 27, 2010, 11:41:33 pm

This is no MLM, and there is a base salary of $600 per week.

Think of it as a base + commission instead of MLM.

I didn't have to pay a dime to get started.

Jesse, I will indeed hold them to it.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #163 on: August 09, 2010, 03:03:34 AM »

Here's the video that made a thrill go up BushOK's leg:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hkKf7m49WQ
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #164 on: August 09, 2010, 03:09:41 AM »

President Obama read this thread and abandoned all hope.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #165 on: August 09, 2010, 04:14:59 AM »

By the end of this week I will have already made $335 and will have acquired my first promotion.

How many actual sales do you have to people outside of your family?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #166 on: August 09, 2010, 09:44:25 AM »

Jesse,

I’m fine, seriously.  I’ve read every bit of advice given to me on this forum and I have taken it to heart.   I still believe Ameriplan is a legitimate company, but I am looking for another office job to boost my income at least in the short term.  I do not believe that the only legitimate jobs are an 8-hour a day office job with limited advancement or working in the trades.   I am doing what I believe is best for myself and my future family.  Everybody’s path to success in the corporate world is different, and I see no reason why I cannot be successful with Ameriplan and feel good about it at the same time.  I also don’t believe that every MLM business is a scam.  It’s definitely not for everybody, but so far I’m doing pretty well in it, much better and much faster than I ever thought I would at this point.  I’ve already accomplished the necessary tasks to achieve my first promotion, which will boost my pay just a bit.  The thing is right now I am happy with my career choice and I am content with whatever happens with the relationship.  As I said earlier, August has been a really good month for me so far and we’re a quarter of the way through the month.  I’m not trashing the advice I’ve been given on the forum, and in fact I appreciate all the advice, but a man has to make his own mind up and make his own mistakes and own up to the mistakes he’s made.  Sure, I’ve made mistakes especially in the last half of July, but I’m happy with where I’m at and I do sleep well at night.  I do not need a therapist, and again, I feel happy and I feel content.

And again, you ignored the bulk of what I said. What I wrote was NOT an assessment of AmeriPlan alone. It was an assessment of your decision-making skills in general: your rushed engagement, bumbling into ON-Company and abandoning a legitimate job that potentially had a future, having your engagement broken because it was rushed, saying how you'll be better off without your ex-fiancé because she needed to grow up and would be expensive one minute, and the next minute, you're excited because she might be giving you another chance (all of which would have happened during the dating process for most people, so that they didn't blow money on an engagement ring and non-refundable honeymoon tickets).

And just days after your fiancé broke off the engagement by going through your parents, you're still counting down to an artificial date that never should have been set in the first place. If it was "love" and "meant to happen" as you claimed so quickly after your first date, then you wouldn't be going through these sorts of issues that are normally reserved for couples who are in the early phases of dating ... which is realistically where your relationship ought to be.

You can throw around all the "I've got to be a man and make my own mistakes" crap you want, but in order to be a man, you have to grow up. You haven't. You're making idiotic mistakes repeatedly, bumbling in on faith and completely blind to the realities around you. I believe I even predicted your "I'm OK" response, which in and of itself is a sign that you're not OK.

Jeff, you're 28 years old. "Success" in a career is variable, but at this point, you owe it to yourself and to those around you to be stable. You're not. Your sole source of income is an MLM of debatable legitimacy, which was your backup plan after nearly falling victim to an internet fraud / money-laundering scheme, and you're on your third failed engagement in as many years. Something is wrong with that picture.

Feeling "happy and content" with your life in the shambles that it is can only be a sign that you honestly need therapy. It's not that you should feel miserable, but you're ignoring the seriousness and desperation of your situation ... and those of us that believe you're telling the truth and have some measure of sympathy for you are concerned -- and rightfully so -- that you're going to keep on repeating this same pattern.

A lot of financial type jobs are what you make of it.  For instance, I was offered the possibility of becoming a Financial Planner with MetLife, but decided against it.  Sure, I could have made 100s of thousands of dollars legitimately.  I could have also been broke off my ass too and eventually stuck with the miserable CPA firm I was at for stability.  Well, I lost that job too and am now back with the Feds.  With this current economy, stability is a 5 cent word.  What is it and is ANYTHING stable?  It seems almost 95% of workers in our economy are expendable.  I do think we need stronger labor laws to prevent many arbitrary and unnecessary firings/layoffs that IMO are placing a tremendous burden on the economy. 
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #167 on: August 09, 2010, 10:01:58 AM »

By the end of this week I will have already made $335 and will have acquired my first promotion.  It's not much, but it's a good start.

See ya in jail.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #168 on: August 09, 2010, 10:06:32 AM »

Well, I'm off to a real job interview for a data entry position paying $10-$12 an hour in Moore.  I've got to be there by 11:00 and I want to be there by 10:45.  See ya later!!  I'll let you know how things turn out.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #169 on: August 09, 2010, 10:10:14 AM »

A lot of financial type jobs are what you make of it.  For instance, I was offered the possibility of becoming a Financial Planner with MetLife, but decided against it.  Sure, I could have made 100s of thousands of dollars legitimately.  I could have also been broke off my ass too and eventually stuck with the miserable CPA firm I was at for stability.  Well, I lost that job too and am now back with the Feds.  With this current economy, stability is a 5 cent word.  What is it and is ANYTHING stable?  It seems almost 95% of workers in our economy are expendable.  I do think we need stronger labor laws to prevent many arbitrary and unnecessary firings/layoffs that IMO are placing a tremendous burden on the economy. 

I imagine that ONG would have been more stable than AmeriPlan. Service and labor-oriented jobs are traditionally more stable than those that rely on consistently improving performance. The point is, I wouldn't want to be out selling Amway to put food on the table when there are legitimate options available.

I've done my share of less-than-flattering jobs to get by and would do so again if necessary. Working at a grain elevator wasn't my dream job. Working at a dairy wasn't my dream job. Waiting tables wasn't my dream job. But they all paid the bills, and I knew that at the end of my eight-hour shift, I was going to get paid for what I did.

In two weeks, he's racked up $335, which completely ignores the point that I tried to make a couple of weeks ago -- they "guaranteed" him $600 a week, and he said he'd hold them to it. What happened to that? Where is the stability in that? How can he have one iota of trust in this company?

A 28-year-old shouldn't be floundering this badly when he's had the clear opportunity to avoid the situations he's in. People do fall on hard times, but rarely does one keep walking down the railroad tracks oblivious to the people yelling that a train is coming.

Well, I'm off to a real job interview for a data entry position paying $10-$12 an hour in Moore.  I've got to be there by 11:00 and I want to be there by 10:45.  See ya later!!  I'll let you know how things turn out.

GOOD.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #170 on: August 09, 2010, 10:15:21 AM »

Poor J-Mann cares too much, sadly.  Bushie will continue to disappoint you, Bro.  Whackier things are on the horizon.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #171 on: August 09, 2010, 10:38:03 AM »

Poor J-Mann cares too much, sadly.  Bushie will continue to disappoint you, Bro.  Whackier things are on the horizon.

It's a terrible affliction ... caring. I'm, unfortunately, just not the type of person who can be content with seeing someone fail -- especially when it's repeated failure. I want them to recognize their failure, admit their faults and realize that there is a better way to do things.

That ain't everybody, for sure. I think it bothers me so much because I have enough people around me who care AND give good advice that I never would have gotten into such a hole. BushOK apparently doesn't have that.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #172 on: August 09, 2010, 10:40:12 AM »

It's a terrible affliction ... caring. I'm, unfortunately, just not the type of person who can be content with seeing someone fail -- especially when it's repeated failure. I want them to recognize their failure, admit their faults and realize that there is a better way to do things.

That ain't everybody, for sure. I think it bothers me so much because I have enough people around me who care AND give good advice that I never would have gotten into such a hole. BushOK apparently doesn't have that.

I'm not being critical, but for ME, after a certain point you have to say f*** it. 
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #173 on: August 09, 2010, 11:05:03 AM »

I'm not being critical, but for ME, after a certain point you have to say f*** it. 

I know, I know Smiley

Seriously, it's really sad to watch, especially knowing that he had a choice in all of this.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #174 on: August 09, 2010, 11:08:01 AM »

Let me guess -- you're the type to yell at movie screens?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 144  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies