Will Susan Collins run for Maine governor in 2018?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 10:17:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Will Susan Collins run for Maine governor in 2018?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Will she run for governor?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 45

Author Topic: Will Susan Collins run for Maine governor in 2018?  (Read 2964 times)
ClimateDem
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 13, 2015, 03:59:48 PM »

Thoughts?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 05:59:03 PM »

It would be a shame if she did, considering she would be blocking a third term of the great Paul LePage.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 06:12:26 PM »

It would be a shame if she did, considering she would be blocking a third term of the great Paul LePage.
Lepage is term-limited.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 06:14:19 PM »

Lepage is term-limited.

Oh sure, some other, Governor that has to abide by the law of country may be, but not Paul LePage. The man makes his own laws!
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 06:15:26 PM »

She called the idea silly, but we all know she wants her chance after 20+ years
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 07:40:21 PM »

Emily Cain or Collins might run for Gov; and it will be good, too if it is another yr of woman and Stephanie Rawlings, Kathleen Townsend; and Lisa Madigan all ran.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 07:42:50 PM »

Isn't it easier for her to keep winning Senate election after Senator election based upon supposedly being somehow moderate?
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 09:00:06 PM »

Isn't it easier for her to keep winning Senate election after Senator election based upon supposedly being somehow moderate?

Her voting record proves she IS a moderate, unlike Kirk who just touts it around to stay in power
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 12:24:15 AM »

Her voting record proves she IS a moderate, unlike Kirk who just touts it around to stay in power

+1. Collins IS a true moderate for all, but "hard left". And who is interested in "hard left" opinions?  They are so predicatable that it's boring...
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2015, 01:00:45 AM »

+1. Collins IS a true moderate for all, but "hard left". And who is interested in "hard left" opinions?  They are so predicatable that it's boring...

Do you think you are inherently interesting in your moderation? Newsflash: you aren't. How many times do we have to hear, in threads were this was clearly not the subject, that there used to be really conservative democrats and really liberal republicans. REALLY?

Get a new schtick.

Do you think you are inherently interesting by being a modreate
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2015, 01:54:50 AM »

Do you think you are inherently interesting in your moderation? Newsflash: you aren't. How many times do we have to hear, in threads were this was clearly not the subject, that there used to be really conservative democrats and really liberal republicans. REALLY?

Get a new schtick.

Thank you, finally someone said what we've all been thinking.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2015, 03:19:08 AM »
« Edited: May 15, 2015, 03:42:26 AM by smoltchanov »

+1. Collins IS a true moderate for all, but "hard left". And who is interested in "hard left" opinions?  They are so predicatable that it's boring...

Get a new schtick.

Well, you probably understand that i don't care about being interesting to someone. In fact - to anyone. I wrote many times that i value this site as one where everyone can express it's opinion (including myself and you), but i really care about opinion of only one person - myself.

And no, i don't intend to "Get a new schtick". Because of 3 reasons:

1. I don't want that, and, as i said above - that's the main (and almost only) reason important for me.

2. There are much less moderates then "hard liberals" here, so it's only natural to try to balance situation a little. Otherwise the site will become an "echo chamber", which both DKE and RRH already became. With absolute intolerance of any different views and repeated chewing of the same themes, candidates and positions

3. In THIS thread the phrase was entirely ON the subject. simply because Collins is, probably, the best example of moderate now (in fact, IMHO, there are only 2 or 3 in Senate: her, Manchin, and, may be, Murkowski). So, i can guarantee you, that every time someone will begin to speak about her "supposedly being somehow moderate" he/she will get such answer from me.. Because it's simply a lie. And lie must not go unanswered.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2015, 03:22:54 AM »

Get a new schtick.

"We"? Who - "we"? Learn to speak for yourself, man)))))
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2015, 07:20:22 AM »

Get a new schtick.

Welcome to th Democratic hive mind of this site
mds32
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2015, 07:52:40 AM »

If Sen. Collins wants to be Governor she can have it, she would literally waltz into the office. The GOP isn't as at much risk of losing the seat as it was in 2012 because it has built up a bench. it could be a Rep. Poliquin vs. Rep. Pingree matchup for the seat. And although Rep. Pingree has been there longer, Poliquin's voting record has been far more moderate than has been expected. It's possible the GOP could hold her Senate seat for another term, giving Sen. Collins more of a reason to run for the Governor spot if she wants it.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2015, 08:40:28 AM »

Get a new schtick.

Welcome to th Democratic hive mind of this site

Exactly. That's the reason why i, with views generally closer to Democrats, never had a desire to be "official Democrat". Ditto - for Republicans
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2015, 07:48:28 AM »

Susan Collins' 2014 opponent was infinitely more interesting than a dull as dishwater moderate. I wouldn't go down the route of asking for 'interesting' candidates if you are a moderate. Nothing more predictable than an establishment moderate. (perhaps if Collins was of the Radical Centre, I would agree; but she strikes me as generic republican in a different place to where you usually find them.)
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2015, 12:04:26 PM »

If she does, endorsed. She's got labor behind her and has the talent of being able to compromise. The only issue I have with her is her overly hawkish foreign policy, which doesn't affect a governor.
rbt48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2015, 08:58:18 PM »

Maybe LePage can take her place in the Senate.  I don't think there is a senator with French-Canadian ancestry since Landrieu was defeated.  It is a group that needs to be represented.

:-)
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2015, 10:25:01 PM »

Not unless it's a wave. She's too much of a team player to leave the Senate.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2015, 11:21:50 PM »

I wish, but I think Maine has term limits.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2015, 10:04:47 PM »

Get a new schtick.

He shouldn't, but you certainly aren't any more "convicted" or less of a phony or someyhing if your views aren't moderate...
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2015, 07:41:56 AM »

Probably not, but hopefully another good Republican will take the bait.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2015, 03:43:14 PM »

Get a new schtick.

He shouldn't, but you certainly aren't any more "convicted" or less of a phony or someyhing if your views aren't moderate...

I don't pretend like I'm interesting though.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2015, 11:43:38 PM »

Get a new schtick.

I don't pretend like I'm interesting though.

Neither do i.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies