Presidential Survivor Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:21:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Presidential Survivor Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Presidential Survivor Discussion  (Read 13682 times)
DanimalBr

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2005, 12:56:44 AM »

let's make our next attack Bill Clinton.  They'll never expect it :  )

One of my biggest surprises in this game so far is that Slick Willy has gone completly under the radar. 
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2005, 12:57:37 AM »

let's make our next attack Bill Clinton.  They'll never expect it :  )

Yes, if we plan it out now they will have no clue what so ever! Cheesy
DanimalBr

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2005, 02:11:52 AM »

Washington needs to go soon, along with Lincoln. Final will be Teddy Roosevelt and Harry Truman most likely.

Jake, out of curiosity, why do you want to get rid of George Washington?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2005, 02:51:51 AM »

Okay.   I've done some first 9 round stats for you guys.       Anyways here they are. 

Of the 9 presidents who have been voted off the island so far, we've had:

3 Democrats
3 Whigs  &
3 Republicans.
Seems like the Whigs don't have much support. Smiley
DanimalBr

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2005, 11:27:17 AM »

Okay.   I've done some first 9 round stats for you guys.       Anyways here they are. 

3 Democrats
3 Whigs  &
3 Republicans.

The only Whig President that's still in the game is Zachary Taylor, and he darn near got voted out in Round 8.   It took a tiebreaker with Andrew Johnson to save him.   
Schmitz in 1972
Liberty
United States

« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2005, 03:35:55 PM »

Okay.   I've done some first 9 round stats for you guys.       Anyways here they are. 

3 Democrats
3 Whigs  &
3 Republicans.

The only Whig President that's still in the game is Zachary Taylor, and he darn near got voted out in Round 8.   It took a tiebreaker with Andrew Johnson to save him.   

Zachary Taylor is rapidly gaining votes even though Wilson still has a large lead. For my vote I'd probably give the nod to Wilson but for the moment I'll just hold back and watch some more votes come in before I make up my mind. At the moment I'm just glad that Pierce appears safe for at least one more round
DanimalBr

« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2005, 04:38:06 PM »

Presidents that as of yet have not recieved even one single vote to be eliminated are:

Thomas Jefferson
James Madison
Martin Van Buren
James K. Polk
Chester A. Arthur
Grover Cleveland
Benjaman Harrison
William McKinley
Harry Truman
Gerald Ford
George H. W. Bush
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2005, 11:47:46 PM »

y'know, I'm about ready to vote off George W Bush next round.  We need the liberals to shut the hell up, and they won't go away until we do.  I suggest Republicans "take a fall" for round 15.  That way it'll be even for getting LBJ off last round, (and possibly FDR this one).
DanimalBr

« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2005, 11:52:43 PM »

y'know, I'm about ready to vote off George W Bush next round.  We need the liberals to shut the hell up, and they won't go away until we do.  I suggest Republicans "take a fall" for round 15.  That way it'll be even for getting LBJ off last round, (and possibly FDR this one).

And what makes you think they'll stop with George W. Bush?   I'm almost positive once he's gone they'll go after Reagan and Bush Sr.   
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2005, 11:56:40 PM »

I have no plans to go after Bush Sr. or Reagan.  I'd like to get rid of Nixon soon though.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2005, 12:04:26 AM »

I'll agree to vote off "W" if you liberals agree to help me vote off Lincoln.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2005, 12:08:37 AM »

Substitute Lincoln for FDR, and I'll do likewise.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2005, 12:16:37 AM »

Hmm.  OK.  Never cared for Lincoln all that much anyway.  If Dubya gets voted off this round I'll go for Lincoln next time.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2005, 12:18:37 AM »

You have to vote off Lincoln first, for the simple reason that (A) States already voted this round, and (B) there's a much smaller chance of Lincoln being voted off.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2005, 12:38:17 AM »

You have to vote off Lincoln first, for the simple reason that (A) States already voted this round, and (B) there's a much smaller chance of Lincoln being voted off.
I already voted this round, though, before I replied to States' post.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2005, 12:51:28 AM »

I'll help you states.  I realise he was a tyrant who overstepped his bounds.  Thing is, I'm more likely to vote off someone who'll get some votes.  But, heck why not help out.  Besides, we need to get rid of more of those obscure 19th century presidents : )
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2005, 01:22:24 AM »

For the record, here's my prediction for the final 5: Harry Truman, Teddy Roosevelt, Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, and Dwight Eisenhower.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2005, 01:23:35 AM »

I'd be willing to make a deal to save Lincoln.
Schmitz in 1972
Liberty
United States

« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2005, 09:39:49 AM »

Introducing the Liberty List! Now from time to time I'll issue lists of the top 5 presidents that need to be eliminated

1. F Roosevelt - I think this one needs no explanation
2. W Bush - Bono's right, the Bush worshipping from the right has to stop
3. Lincoln - Not as bad as some make him out to be, but still among the worst
4. Jackson - An unintelligent and highly rude bully
5. T Roosevelt - A much more intelligent and polite bully

As for the final five, I'm going to be the first to suggest that Cleveland and Mckinley may be dark horses.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2005, 10:17:16 AM »

As for the final five, I'm going to be the first to suggest that Cleveland and Mckinley may be dark horses.

Do we need to vote Grover off twice?

This round, FDR v. Bush, is the first truly partisan round.  LBJ is legitimately despised as President by many of us.  FDR's domestic fiscal policies may not be well liked, but he did deal with WWII properly.  I would imagine many of the people voting FDR off are looking to get rid of him in retaliation for the run on Bush.

Really, no one can judge W, Bubba, and Bush the Elder in a proper historical context at this point.  In 20 years we may live in a world where International Terrorism is all but forgotten and democracy in the Middle East is the accepted norm.  We are just now beginning to enter the phase where we can properly judge Reagan.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2005, 10:46:45 AM »

This round, FDR v. Bush, is the first truly partisan round.  LBJ is legitimately despised as President by many of us.  FDR's domestic fiscal policies may not be well liked, but he did deal with WWII properly.  I would imagine many of the people voting FDR off are looking to get rid of him in retaliation for the run on Bush.

Really, no one can judge W, Bubba, and Bush the Elder in a proper historical context at this point.  In 20 years we may live in a world where International Terrorism is all but forgotten and democracy in the Middle East is the accepted norm.  We are just now beginning to enter the phase where we can properly judge Reagan.

My point exactly.  I don't think W should necessarily win, but I think it's premature to be trying to get rid of him with so much dead wood left.  We have to make the Democrats pay dearly for their blind partisanship.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2005, 11:22:06 AM »
« Edited: May 07, 2005, 11:24:30 AM by Fmr. Gov. NickG »

My point exactly.  I don't think W should necessarily win, but I think it's premature to be trying to get rid of him with so much dead wood left.  We have to make the Democrats pay dearly for their blind partisanship.

It's the Republicans, not the Democrats that have been showing blind partisanship in eliminating our modern Presidents in previous rounds.

People are not going after FDR in retaliation for anything.  The campaign against him started in Round 4!

Even in this round, the effort against GWB didn't start until it was obvious he was the only reason to save FDR. 
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2005, 12:11:19 PM »

It's the Republicans, not the Democrats that have been showing blind partisanship in eliminating our modern Presidents in previous rounds.

People are not going after FDR in retaliation for anything.  The campaign against him started in Round 4!

Even in this round, the effort against GWB didn't start until it was obvious he was the only reason to save FDR. 

Texasgurl voted for Bush before I voted for FDR so thats not really true.
DanimalBr

« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2005, 12:13:14 PM »

Introducing the Liberty List! Now from time to time I'll issue lists of the top 5 presidents that need to be eliminated

4. Jackson - An unintelligent and highly rude bully

Jackson's been eliminated already.   
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2005, 12:17:31 PM »

Texasgurl voted for Bush before I voted for FDR so thats not really true.

I mean the concerted effort....I saw a bunch of people had already voted FDR, and I wanted to vote in the way that would best save him....someone had already voted for GWB, so I thought that was the best way to not waste my vote.  I've been trying to eliminate the "deadwood" Coolidge for a bunch of weeks, but gotten no traction.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies