Presidential Survivor Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:50:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Presidential Survivor Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Presidential Survivor Discussion  (Read 13728 times)
Blue Rectangle

Political Matrix
E: 8.50, S: -0.62

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 27, 2005, 11:39:54 AM »

Thought this would be a good place to put comments/justifications/rants about people's votes in the Presidential Survivor threads.

What are the main reasons for those voting Jackson or W. Harrison?  W. Harrison's military history (genocidal) before he was elected?  Jackson's treatment of Native Americans?  Jackson's bank policy or states' rights?
DanimalBr

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 01:08:19 PM »

Good Idea, Blue Rectangle.   Initially, I was going to vote for Andrew Jackson this round.  Then I got to thinking that Jesus was right with what he said about FDR.   If FDR makes it to the later stages of this game, he's going to be very difficult to eliminate, so that's why I voted for him this round.  I have nothing against him personally. 
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 12:46:38 AM »

Thought this would be a good place to put comments/justifications/rants about people's votes in the Presidential Survivor threads.

What are the main reasons for those voting Jackson or W. Harrison?  W. Harrison's military history (genocidal) before he was elected?  Jackson's treatment of Native Americans?  Jackson's bank policy or states' rights?

For Jackson, his treatment of Native Americans.
For George W. Bush... Well, that debate is all over the boards, I see no reason to rehash arguments here.

More as the game goes on...
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 12:50:09 AM »

I've been voting for Johnson because out of all the Presidents we've had he is the only one that has managed to alianate the population enough to create a veto proof majority.

I voted for Jackson for all the reasons Blue Rectangle mentioned.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 12:59:35 AM »

Please lets rid the list of Lincoln. Really, the fascist needs to go.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 01:00:49 AM »

I will vote Millard Fillmore until he is voted off, because, quite simply, he is our most inconsequential President.  Didn't do a damned thing but send Perry to Japan...and that's more Perry's doing than Fillmore's.

The thing is, of course, he's so inconsequential that everyone forgets who he is...so people go for the more obvious bad ones...so Millard Fillmore will make it well into the final rounds.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2005, 01:43:07 AM »

just like proper survivor, Erc Wink

The winner of the second season, Tina sometinor-other, did practically nothing out of the ordinary-she didn't laze around all day, or work hard or day, she didn't do much scheming,and she made it to the end...
Blue Rectangle

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2005, 09:48:57 AM »

Why all the animosity towards Harding, but no mention of Grant yet?  Is Harding seen as more complicit in his scandals, while Grant was 100% patsy?
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2005, 12:17:29 PM »

Why all the animosity towards Harding, but no mention of Grant yet?  Is Harding seen as more complicit in his scandals, while Grant was 100% patsy?

Grant has the advantage of being a great General whereas Harding was... well just another politician.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2005, 05:41:34 PM »

Good Idea, Blue Rectangle.   Initially, I was going to vote for Andrew Jackson this round.  Then I got to thinking that Jesus was right with what he said about FDR.   If FDR makes it to the later stages of this game, he's going to be very difficult to eliminate, so that's why I voted for him this round.  I have nothing against him personally. 
Well, the "Save FDR" campaign seems to have pick up equal steam.
DanimalBr

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2005, 09:12:04 PM »

Well, the "Save FDR" campaign seems to have pick up equal steam.

I figgured it would.    That's why I figgured it's best to go after him now whether than wait until the end of the game.  I have nothing against him personally, but he is not one I want to see win. 
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2005, 06:01:08 PM »

Lets get rid of Lincoln...or else...he'll....ugh...win...**puke**
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2005, 01:56:05 AM »

Any prediction on the ultimate winner of this thing?
I think Teddy Roosevelt actually has a good shot, given his widespread appeal among Dems, Republicans, and Independents.
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2005, 01:59:29 AM »

I think Teddy Roosevelt actually has a good shot, given his widespread appeal among Dems, Republicans, and Independents.

I think it will come down to the good, but generally unobjectionable.

A strong shot:

George Washington
Thomas Jefferson
Teddy Roosevelt
Dwight D. Eisenhower
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2005, 02:01:58 AM »

I'm voting with State's on Lincoln, unless he doesn't show up to vote the bastard off in round 8, then I'm going for someone else.  EarlLaw always votes George W. Bush, I don't know why, since there are at least five more presidents to pick off until we reach W.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2005, 02:03:55 AM »

prediction for winner, Gerald Ford, George Washington, William McKinley, James Garfield, or Harry Truman.  Probably one of the five.
○∙◄☻„tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2005, 02:10:14 AM »

prediction for winner, Gerald Ford, George Washington, William McKinley, James Garfield, or Harry Truman.  Probably one of the five.

McKinley was awful. What did Garfield or Ford do that was so great?
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2005, 02:30:05 AM »

not much I know of, but often presidents who are considered the greatest are also the most controversial.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2005, 08:13:58 AM »

I certainly hope that we can have something more creative than a Washington, Jefferson, or Lincoln victory.
DanimalBr

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2005, 10:32:46 AM »

For the most part, most of the board has been set asside their partisanship and agreed to get rid of the dead wood, no-name presidents of the 1800s first.   The only semi-big name to get ousted is Andrew Jackson.    We've had some smaller movements to try to get rid of George W. Bush, FDR, and Lincoln, but as of yet they haven't picked up enough steam.     I honestly don't know who's gonna win right now.   There's still to many left on the island to really get a feel for it.   

I must say though that I'm pretty surprised that not one vote has yet been cast for Richard Nixon or Bill Clinton.   Both are presidents whose legacies will forever be scorched by scandals.   Yet both men have so far gone under the radar in this game. 
Blue Rectangle

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2005, 10:53:38 AM »

I think it will come down to the good, but generally unobjectionable.

A strong shot:

George Washington
Thomas Jefferson
Teddy Roosevelt
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Jefferson probably has the best shot at number 1, given his support from all sides.  Truman is also a candidate.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2005, 11:50:09 AM »

This recent assault on the Great Emancipator was not expected, at least I didn't expect it.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2005, 01:24:47 PM »

Nixon is still on the island? Jesus Christ. Grant today, Nixon tomorrow, Monroe the day after must be our motto. Smiley
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2005, 12:31:23 AM »

Anyone want to join me in voting off Coolidge?

Tell me one thing he did right as president...he tried to keep the government out of the economy, and ensure peace through the Kellogg-Briand Pact.  We all know how those turned out a few years later.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2005, 06:30:38 PM »

No, no one wants to join you. Even a lot of Democrats admit Coolidge was a decent president. Great Depression was caused by the government, or more specifically, the Federal Reserve. Not the free market.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies