University of Calif. Irvine students vote to remove US flag from campus lobby
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:42:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  University of Calif. Irvine students vote to remove US flag from campus lobby
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: University of Calif. Irvine students vote to remove US flag from campus lobby  (Read 5893 times)
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2015, 07:39:18 PM »

I support their right to make stupid decisions.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2015, 07:49:03 PM »

I support anything that annoys old conservatives.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2015, 03:08:32 PM »

I support anything that annoys old conservatives.

This is generally a good policy.

And of course, the American Right reminds us about their fascistic tendencies by threatening a meeting to be held about the issue with violence.

http://ktla.com/2015/03/10/threat-of-violence-prompts-uc-irvine-to-cancel-meeting-over-flag-ban/

^ this is why nationalism is a bad, bad thing, folks. 
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2015, 03:31:02 PM »

This seems like a run-of-the-mill case of some student whacktivists acting like idiots and failing to accomplish anything even remotely significant.  Happens all the time, nothing to see here folks.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2015, 04:04:19 PM »

This seems like a run-of-the-mill case of some student whacktivists acting like idiots and failing to accomplish anything even remotely significant.  Happens all the time, nothing to see here folks.

Well, now that nationalist conservatives are threatening them with violence there IS something to see, unfortunately.  The American far-right are legitimate fascists and people should be reminded of this. 
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2015, 06:01:36 PM »

This is stupid of course, but I find the right wing outrage much more disturbing. ARREST THESE COMMUNISTS AND CUT THEIR HEADS OFF WITH A CHAINSAW - summary of the comments on the article.

In fairness, the comments section for most websites tend to draw the mentally disturbed of all ideologies.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2015, 06:06:49 PM »

Well, now that nationalist conservatives are threatening them with violence there IS something to see, unfortunately.  The American far-right are legitimate fascists and people should be reminded of this. 

See my comment above regarding internet comments section. Painting an entire ideology with a single brush based on (presumably) one deranged whackjob who threatened violence is hardly fair, accurate, or.....dare I say it?.....liberal minded. Grin
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2015, 06:09:12 PM »

See my comment above regarding internet comments section. Painting an entire ideology with a single brush based on (presumably) one deranged whackjob who threatened violence is hardly fair, accurate, or.....dare I say it?.....liberal minded. Grin

The American far right is largely fascist, Badger.  All of them don't have to threaten violence for me to understand this. 
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2015, 06:17:24 PM »

This is stupid of course, but I find the right wing outrage much more disturbing. ARREST THESE COMMUNISTS AND CUT THEIR HEADS OFF WITH A CHAINSAW - summary of the comments on the article.

In fairness, the comments section for most websites tend to draw the mentally disturbed of all ideologies.

True dat.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2015, 07:01:27 PM »

Like the comments section of Dave Liep's Political Atlas.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies