Election Discussion Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:40:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Election Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Election Discussion Thread  (Read 4510 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2005, 03:37:07 PM »

Jake, that picture of opebo is scary.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2005, 03:37:58 PM »

Well now I see why Opebo always has to get hookers.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2005, 03:55:02 PM »

Hmm, well, it looks like NixonNow has several inactives(and borderline trolls) voting for him as well.  Does that mean NixonNow is "accepting" their vote?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2005, 04:19:39 PM »

I just voted for Joe Quimby for D2 senate, with no other preference.  I guess I should explain why (if only to cover my ass).

I have nothing against PBrunsel, and I'm sure he'll make an excellent senator, even if he hasn't actually campaigned AT ALL.  But I've decided not to participate in any unopposed elections from now on.  Mainly because I don't see the point, and also because its not a very good exercise in democracy when there is only one candidate due to such extreme apathy.  So from now on I will only be supporting Mayor Quimby in any unopposed races.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2005, 04:21:20 PM »

"You all are nothing but a pack of fickle mushheads."
Lt. Gov. Immy
Immy

« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2005, 04:26:42 PM »
« Edited: April 24, 2005, 05:30:54 PM by Lt. Gov. Immy »

What is the current turnout in the Pacific?

We've had 9 voters out of the 17 that are registered.  That's about 53%.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2005, 04:33:21 PM »

"You all are nothing but a pack of fickle mushheads."

Vote Quimby.  He's good in debates.

Moderator: "Mr. Mayor, I have a question for you.  What if YOU came home one night to find your family tied up and gagged, with SOCKS in their mouths.  They're screaming.  You're TRYING to get in but there's too much BLOOD on the knob......."
Quimby: "What is your question about?!?"
Moderator: "It's about the budget sir."
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2005, 04:34:22 PM »

I got TN2024 to vote. But he's considered a troll, right? Yeah and King considers Smash a leftist troll but that's ok, right? Time to fight fire with fire.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2005, 04:35:15 PM »

I got TN2024 to vote. But he's considered a troll, right? Yeah and King considers Smash a leftist troll but that's ok, right? Time to fight fire with fire.

Wow, talk about hypocrisy.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2005, 04:38:05 PM »

If others insist on fighting that way, I guess I'll have to fight that way, too.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2005, 04:39:10 PM »

If others insist on fighting that way, I guess I'll have to fight that way, too.

Ok, so you have no morality.  Gotcha.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2005, 04:39:31 PM »

Ok, so you have no morality.  Gotcha.

Right  Roll Eyes
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2005, 04:39:37 PM »

Reminds me sort of like the time you encouraged Naso in Teamspeak to contact Demrepdan after "wentthatway" voted in the Senate election.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2005, 04:40:20 PM »

Reminds me sort of like the time you encouraged Naso in Teamspeak to contact Demrepdan after "wentthatway" voted in the Senate election.

It's only bad when other people do it apparently.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2005, 04:41:23 PM »

It's only bad when other people do it apparently.

Isn't that how everything in life works? Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2005, 04:41:55 PM »

Yeah thanks for distorting what happened. I told him that I didn't care. If you knew anything, you'd remember that I was initially one of the strongest opponents of that.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2005, 04:44:26 PM »

And PBrunsel, stop telling me that everytime I say something I'm starting a fight.

<Maybe that's because most times myou open your mouth at the forum you are starting a fight? Smiley

I mean your always at ends with Akno and IrishDem. Not always about the same thing, such as your fine debate about PA-13 and the Senate and Gubernatorial Races in Pennsylvania in 2006, but always it is the Innactive-baiting with Akno.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2005, 04:46:15 PM »

Yeah thanks for distorting what happened. I told him that I didn't care. If you knew anything, you'd remember that I was initially one of the strongest opponents of that.

Then why did you keep egging him, saying, "Naso, I've had it.  It's time to do it."  Others will back me up here; it's not like there weren't other people there then.

You weren't acting neutral.  You were encouraging him.  Face facts Phil, you're no better than Akno, and at least he's admitted to being wrong.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2005, 04:46:28 PM »

And PBrunsel, stop telling me that everytime I say something I'm starting a fight.

<Maybe that's because most times myou open your mouth at the forum you are starting a fight? Smiley

I mean your always at ends with Akno and IrishDem. Not always about the same thing, such as your fine debate about PA-13 and the Senate and Gubernatorial Races in Pennsylvania in 2006, but always it is the Innactive-baiting with Akno.

Sorry that I'm debating, PBrunsel. And now it's "inactive-baiting?" Really? Were you one of those people that insisted that GirlGoneWild gate not be investigated?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2005, 04:48:05 PM »

Then why did you keep egging him, saying, "Naso, I've had it.  It's time to do it."  Others will back me up here; it's not like there weren't other people there then.

You weren't acting neutral.  You were encouraging him.  Face facts Phil, you're no better than Akno, and at least he's admitted to being wrong.

I told him to do it and when I said that (and I have people to back me up) I also threw in "I don't care anymore." Before all of that, I was strongly opposed to demrepdan voting. Get your facts right.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2005, 04:51:10 PM »

Sorry that I'm debating, PBrunsel. And now it's "inactive-baiting?" Really? Were you one of those people that insisted that GirlGoneWild gate not be investigated?

I don't want to fight with you Phil, we did enough of that durring the Presidency. Wink My only problem is that every election since GirlGoneWild gate you've screamed Hell Colombia every time a guy you deem "innactive" votes. I oppose corrupt GOTV Efforts, but you really do "inactive baiting." You charge people with GOTV schemes, you take it upon yourself to enforce voter law. I always thought that was the job of the Secretary of Forum Affairs, didn't you?

I ahve no problem with you debating Akno, I actually encourage healthy debate. But there is a difference between helthy debate (such as your threads on PA Politcs) and simply waving a fingern at all you deem corrupt.

That's all I wanted to say, and now I have said it, so now I will be quiet. Smiley
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2005, 04:51:39 PM »

I told him to do it and when I said that (and I have people to back me up) I also threw in "I don't care anymore." Before all of that, I was strongly opposed to demrepdan voting. Get your facts right.

At least now you've decided to post the truth on it.  Just because you said you don't care doesn't excuse you telling him to do it.

I know you were opposed to doing it earlier during the vote (I never questioned that), but to change your mind because of another vote was uncalled for and shows hypocrisy.

Today is another example.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2005, 04:53:01 PM »

I don't want to fight with you Phil, we did enough of that durring the Presidency. Wink My only problem is that every election since GirlGoneWild gate you've screamed Hell Colombia every time a guy you deem "innactive" votes. I oppose corrupt GOTV Efforts, but you really do "inactive baiting." You charge people with GOTV schemes, you take it upon yourself to enforce voter law. I always thought that was the job of the Secretary of Forum Affairs, didn't you?

I ahve no problem with you debating Akno, I actually encourage healthy debate. But there is a difference between helthy debate (such as your threads on PA Politcs) and simply waving a fingern at all you deem corrupt.

That's all I wanted to say, and now I have said it, so now I will be quiet. Smiley

It's not inactive baiting. I'm just pointing it out. If the SOFA or anyone else doesn't want to do it, I will.

As for Akno, as you can see here and elsewhere, he starts with me. Look at our arguments.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2005, 04:53:08 PM »

At least now you've decided to post the truth on it.  Just because you said you don't care doesn't excuse you telling him to do it.

I know you were opposed to doing it earlier during the vote (I never questioned that), but to change your mind because of another vote was uncalled for and shows hypocrisy.

Like I said, he has no morality.  He attacks people for doing things, and then responds with the same.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2005, 04:54:55 PM »

I decided to post the truth? I've admitted it before. I told him to do it and didn't care. People know that. You didn't so you decided to jump to conclusions.

I've had enough with inactive voters. I've had enough with people like Smash voting and King not speaking out against it (when he told me just the other night that he didn't want Smash to vote because he was a leftist troll). I need to fight fire with fire. I got TN2024 to vote. End of story.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies