Gay Adoption - social question.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 11:54:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Gay Adoption - social question.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
Poll
Question: Should gays be allowed to adopt?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: Gay Adoption - social question.  (Read 17023 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: April 08, 2005, 12:56:22 PM »

thanks for sparing us the "how can you call yourself a democrat" diatribe.  Smiley

We have a considerable populist base liberal moveoners shouldn't be ticking off.

Screw those bigots.  They should be voting for the Religious Party if they want to see a hateful theocracy.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #151 on: April 08, 2005, 02:31:48 PM »

thanks for sparing us the "how can you call yourself a democrat" diatribe.  Smiley

We have a considerable populist base liberal moveoners shouldn't be ticking off.

Screw those bigots.  They should be voting for the Religious Party if they want to see a hateful theocracy.

And then we'll get a hateful theocracy.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #152 on: April 08, 2005, 02:41:17 PM »

1) Who is "admiring" a homosexual lifestyle.  It is, and always has been, a very difficult lifestyle.  But I certainly won't condemn it.

2) You say that most homosexuals "have very serious mental issues or are child molestors".  That is just plain manure and displays your blatant bigotry.  Did you know that the overwhelming # of cases of child molestation are adult heterosexual men molesting little girls?

I have to agree with you here, Wakie, even though I rarely do.  I think StatesRights has gone too far.

I don't think it's fair to say that homosexuals have serious mental problems or are child molestors.  Only a small percentage of homosexuals are child molestors, but of course, organizations like NAMBLA, and the inane defense that some people make of it on politically correct grounds, don't help the image the homosexuals have, expecially gay men.

As I've stated earlier, I really don't believe in gay adoption, because I think that it's better for kids to have parents of the opposite sex, for several reasons that I have already elaborated.  But I don't think it's fair to tag homosexuals with the child molestor label, or say that they automatically have severe mental problems.  I just don't think that is the case.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #153 on: April 08, 2005, 03:09:37 PM »

1) Who is "admiring" a homosexual lifestyle.  It is, and always has been, a very difficult lifestyle.  But I certainly won't condemn it.

2) You say that most homosexuals "have very serious mental issues or are child molestors".  That is just plain manure and displays your blatant bigotry.  Did you know that the overwhelming # of cases of child molestation are adult heterosexual men molesting little girls?

I have to agree with you here, Wakie, even though I rarely do.  I think StatesRights has gone too far.

I don't think it's fair to say that homosexuals have serious mental problems or are child molestors.  Only a small percentage of homosexuals are child molestors, but of course, organizations like NAMBLA, and the inane defense that some people make of it on politically correct grounds, don't help the image the homosexuals have, expecially gay men.

As I've stated earlier, I really don't believe in gay adoption, because I think that it's better for kids to have parents of the opposite sex, for several reasons that I have already elaborated.  But I don't think it's fair to tag homosexuals with the child molestor label, or say that they automatically have severe mental problems.  I just don't think that is the case.

Good for you. I have not gone to far. I have stated the facts and you don't like it. Look, I don't care if those homosexuals want to live like animals behind closed doors that's their business. But please don't make it public. They don't deserve "rights" per say. No lifestyle choice should be protected by any federal law. The only rights they deserve are the basic human rights, nothing more, nothing less. I really don't want to see that garbage "Gay Rights Day" or "Gay Pride Parade". What's to be proud of if you're gay? The fact remains that the vast majority of homosexuals are either child molestors, were molested as children or have some other serious mental disorder. Their is NO "gay gene", it's a fraudelent claim made by those in this country who would wish for our children to accept this perverted style of life.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #154 on: April 08, 2005, 03:11:15 PM »

I ask again, do you know any homosexual people?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #155 on: April 08, 2005, 03:14:17 PM »

Yes, their are a few of those kind at work. They are friendly but their lifestyle is absolutely disgusting.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #156 on: April 08, 2005, 03:15:12 PM »

Yes, their are a few of those kind at work. They are friendly but their lifestyle is absolutely disgusting.

Are they child molestors? Do they have serious mental problems?
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #157 on: April 08, 2005, 03:15:33 PM »

So your company hires people with serious mental disorders, according to your description of homosexuals.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #158 on: April 08, 2005, 03:17:22 PM »

Good for you. I have not gone to far. I have stated the facts and you don't like it. Look, I don't care if those homosexuals want to live like animals behind closed doors that's their business. But please don't make it public. They don't deserve "rights" per say. No lifestyle choice should be protected by any federal law. The only rights they deserve are the basic human rights, nothing more, nothing less. I really don't want to see that garbage "Gay Rights Day" or "Gay Pride Parade". What's to be proud of if you're gay? The fact remains that the vast majority of homosexuals are either child molestors, were molested as children or have some other serious mental disorder. Their is NO "gay gene", it's a fraudelent claim made by those in this country who would wish for our children to accept this perverted style of life.

Dude, I think you went too far, but you don't have to jump all over me, man. Smiley

I am against the mentality encompassed by gay activism, that their lifestyle deserves all these special protections.  I don't believe it does.  But I don't agree with you that being gay is a major mental disorder, or that most are child molestors.  I really think it's wrong to say that.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #159 on: April 08, 2005, 03:18:49 PM »

So your company hires people with serious mental disorders, according to your description of homosexuals.

Yes of course it does. Insanity is a requirement for hiring at my company. Smiley
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #160 on: April 08, 2005, 03:19:40 PM »

At least States has the balls to say what he thinks. To many people treat gays with kid gloves, not wishing to be "politically incorrect".
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #161 on: April 08, 2005, 03:20:26 PM »

I would certainly agree that homosexuality is a freakish disorder, and also agree that they have no right to throw "gay pride" parades or any crap like that in public view.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #162 on: April 08, 2005, 03:23:11 PM »

Just as an aside, I have to wonder how many of us here have actually met someone raised by a homosexual couple(on both sides).

I know three cases that I can think of involving people with gay parents.

One guy has a mother who came out as a lesbian (she had been married) and started a relationship with a woman.  He is now about 30, and he feels pretty strongly that lesbians are not suitable to raise boys because the typical lesbian, in his words, lacks any understanding and appreciation for typical male behavior, and that it's bad for boys to be raised in such an environment.  I think he has a good point on that.

I know another child whose mother is a lesbian.  She was married to am man when he was born (it was her second marriage) but divorced her husband for the lesbian lifestyle.  She has abandoned him to his father and stepmother, though she maintains a relationship with only her daughters, from her other marriage.  It has not been explained why she has chosen to abandon her son, and maintain a relationship with her daughters, but I can guess.

Another case I know is a man who was married, had kids, and then left his wife for a male lover.  I don't know enough about this case to comment.

All in all, I think children should ideally be raised by stable, opposite-sex couples who are married to each other.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #163 on: April 08, 2005, 03:23:32 PM »

If you want to see basically where I stand on this issue go back and read Brambillas old posts on this subject.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #164 on: April 08, 2005, 03:23:54 PM »

At least States has the balls to say what he thinks. To many people treat gays with kid gloves, not wishing to be "politically incorrect".

I agree.  I don't always agree with him, but I never criticize him for expressing his opinion.  It is his right.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #165 on: April 08, 2005, 03:26:36 PM »

I would certainly agree that homosexuality is a freakish disorder, and also agree that they have no right to throw "gay pride" parades or any crap like that in public view.

The whole gay rights movement has fallen victim to its extremist elements, and that will probably be its undoing.

I have a cousin whom I love dearly who is a lesbian, and has I super-butch partner who is also a great person.

They hate gay pride parades, because they think it spreads the public perception that gays are freaks.  I think they are right.

All these "movements" (civil rights, feminism, gay rights) have been taken over by bad elements who are doing far more harm than good, in my opinion.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #166 on: April 08, 2005, 03:29:07 PM »

No lifestyle choice should be protected by any federal law?  Hmm ... religion is a lifestyle choice.  Are you suggesting IT should not be protected?

To say "the vast majority of homosexuals are either child molestors, were molested as children or have some other serious mental disorder" is completely ridiculous when all evidence proves otherwise.  It is equally ridiculous for a lay person to insist that homosexuality is not genetic.

But hey ... its States so what can you expect.  Was your favorite childhood book, "You're Different and That's Bad"?
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #167 on: April 08, 2005, 03:30:50 PM »

Religion should not be protected by any federal law. It should only be protected from federal law.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #168 on: April 08, 2005, 03:32:06 PM »

Where is this "gay gene" Wakie? Have any proof of it?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #169 on: April 08, 2005, 03:35:36 PM »

Well, then nobody can have parades to express their view. Wink

Just as an aside, I have to wonder how many of us here have actually met someone raised by a homosexual couple(on both sides).

I know three cases that I can think of involving people with gay parents.

One guy has a mother who came out as a lesbian (she had been married) and started a relationship with a woman.  He is now about 30, and he feels pretty strongly that lesbians are not suitable to raise boys because the typical lesbian, in his words, lacks any understanding and appreciation for typical male behavior, and that it's bad for boys to be raised in such an environment.  I think he has a good point on that.

I know another child whose mother is a lesbian.  She was married to am man when he was born (it was her second marriage) but divorced her husband for the lesbian lifestyle.  She has abandoned him to his father and stepmother, though she maintains a relationship with only her daughters, from her other marriage.  It has not been explained why she has chosen to abandon her son, and maintain a relationship with her daughters, but I can guess.

Another case I know is a man who was married, had kids, and then left his wife for a male lover.  I don't know enough about this case to comment.

All in all, I think children should ideally be raised by stable, opposite-sex couples who are married to each other.

Well, it sounds to me like in those cases the family itself wasn't stable, so it's hard to say whether problems came from the sexual orientation of the parent or the divorces. I was more thinking along the lines of a child being raised from the start by a homosexual couple in a stable relationship.

Now, personally, I don't have a problem with the idea of being more cautious when adopting to homosexual couples - if I sold car insurance, 'high risk' groups would be charged a higher rate, and I'm willing to admit that gays tend to lead a more unstable lifestyle than the average group(I'm mainly willing to chalk this up to social causes, though I won't deny the possibility of some biological causes). My problem is when people throw out the idea of gay adoption in it's entirity - which I know you don't do, dazzleman(you just want hetero parents to be the preference).
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #170 on: April 08, 2005, 03:40:41 PM »

I'm not a geneticist.  At the same time I couldn't tell you about the gene which determines your hair color but I'm pretty certain it exists.

Quite simply put, do you believe you could decide to be gay?  I'm willing to bet the answer is no.  Then why do you believe that a gay person could simply decide to be straight?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #171 on: April 08, 2005, 03:46:54 PM »

Most evidence now points that homosexuality is more likely caused by changes in brain chemistry during early development(including time in the womb). Genetics may have a part in it in some cases, but less so than was once thought. Things that influence brain development include what the mother eats while she is pregnant, among other things.

Here's an article about the hypothalamus that might interest you: http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn3008
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #172 on: April 08, 2005, 03:49:14 PM »

I'm not a geneticist.  At the same time I couldn't tell you about the gene which determines your hair color but I'm pretty certain it exists.

Quite simply put, do you believe you could decide to be gay?  I'm willing to bet the answer is no.  Then why do you believe that a gay person could simply decide to be straight?
It's a long term thing.  Yes, States words maybe were a bit too strong, but it is true many gays are gay because they lived a perverted lifestyle and through it became gay.

...proof?
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #173 on: April 08, 2005, 03:50:24 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if being gay was partially genetic. All kinds of disorders are.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #174 on: April 08, 2005, 03:54:23 PM »

It's a long term thing.  Yes, States words maybe were a bit too strong, but it is true many gays are gay because they lived a perverted lifestyle and through it became gay.

"Became gay"?  Like the wolfman with the full moon?  Many gay folks have said that they knew they were attracted to the same gender since puberty.  Some of whom grew up in extremely straight and narrow religious families.  How do you explain them?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies