Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 01:47:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 80
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 189632 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #850 on: June 29, 2014, 04:38:41 PM »

Even though it is a Sunday evening, things can still happen.  I just got a call about 16:00 today from someone apparently working some OT and who found my resume inviting me to an interview tomorrow at 11:00 am for an Office Assistant.  This makes three interviews tomorrow and one on Tuesday!  Mind you, the third interview tomorrow has two leads attached to it.  So, I now have 5 hot leads to investigate in the next 48 hours!!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #851 on: June 29, 2014, 04:49:32 PM »

This thread is almost too hot to handle right now! It's burning my eyes to read it.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #852 on: June 29, 2014, 04:51:05 PM »

Sorry Bushie, your Update is being killed in the ratings, as well as critically, right now by the Inks Scandal mini-series.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #853 on: June 29, 2014, 04:53:04 PM »

This thread is almost too hot to handle right now! It's burning my eyes to read it.

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #854 on: June 29, 2014, 06:51:06 PM »

Sorry Bushie, your Update is being killed in the ratings, as well as critically, right now by the Inks Scandal mini-series.

kljackson is the yellow king
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #855 on: June 29, 2014, 06:54:29 PM »

To be honest, I debated on whether to even post or not with the Inks-gate raging.  You can tell my decision!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #856 on: June 29, 2014, 07:04:03 PM »

To be honest, I debated on whether to even post or not with the Inks-gate raging.  You can tell my decision!

And by the looks of it, once you posted in support of Inks in that thread, the whole situation spiraled downward for him.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #857 on: June 29, 2014, 08:38:10 PM »

And by the looks of it, once you posted in support of Inks in that thread, the whole situation spiraled downward for him.

Another reason I'm not going to further opine in that thread either way.  I've got my opinions, but I'm afraid if I voice them, I'd become embroiled in that controversy and take us both down.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #858 on: June 29, 2014, 09:52:06 PM »

What have you eaten this weekend?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #859 on: June 29, 2014, 10:14:26 PM »

Mostly Mexican.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #860 on: June 29, 2014, 10:17:14 PM »

Another reason I'm not going to further opine in that thread either way.  I've got my opinions, but I'm afraid if I voice them, I'd become embroiled in that controversy and take us both down.

Your belief that a situation completely independent of your own would somehow change depending on your involvement certainly speaks volumes.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #861 on: June 29, 2014, 10:37:03 PM »

Your belief that a situation completely independent of your own would somehow change depending on your involvement certainly speaks volumes.

Be that as it may, I know because of Inks' extensive involvement in the Update series, and the oft-heated discussions we have had that it's best for me and him if I stay quiet.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #862 on: June 29, 2014, 10:39:08 PM »

Anyway, onto a different topic.  I am having dinner with my girlfriend's father tomorrow evening.  That can only mean one thing.  I am going to ask her father for his daughter's hand in marriage.  I am plotting my question to her, as well.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #863 on: June 29, 2014, 10:39:25 PM »
« Edited: June 29, 2014, 10:45:12 PM by CADD Truther Movement »

The most prolific Update antagonist may be no more soon enough...

Wow.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #864 on: June 29, 2014, 10:41:15 PM »

Anyway, onto a different topic.  I am having dinner with my girlfriend's father tomorrow evening.  That can only mean one thing.  I am going to ask her father for his daughter's hand in marriage.  I am plotting my question to her, as well.

Oh my!

I thought you were only gonna do that if you had a job though? Feel like those hot leads are good enough for now?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #865 on: June 29, 2014, 10:57:15 PM »

Oh my!

I thought you were only gonna do that if you had a job though? Feel like those hot leads are good enough for now?

Ohhhhhhhhhhh do you think papa allison is going to suggest it? Or did Bushie set up this dinner? Are we looking at a 4th of July proposal?

Sounds like Bushie just can't wait!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #866 on: June 29, 2014, 10:59:37 PM »

Where are you two going for dinner?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #867 on: June 29, 2014, 11:01:04 PM »

I'm only 11 1/2 months from the wedding and I have to have a job before I can ask her Dad and propose to her.  Even a low-paying job will show that I am at least trying.

EDIT: Note that this was said less than a week ago.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #868 on: June 29, 2014, 11:02:30 PM »

I'm only 11 1/2 months from the wedding and I have to have a job before I can ask her Dad and propose to her.  Even a low-paying job will show that I am at least trying.

Sometimes when things are hot, plans change
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #869 on: June 29, 2014, 11:23:23 PM »

I'm only 11 1/2 months from the wedding and I have to have a job before I can ask her Dad and propose to her.  Even a low-paying job will show that I am at least trying.

With 4 interviews in 48 hours and the dinner being after the first 3, I will at least have the appearance of trying to get a job.  I will not propose to her until I have a job, though, and I will reassure him of that.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #870 on: June 29, 2014, 11:24:32 PM »

Where are you two going for dinner?

It's actually a men's night at the church he attends while in Tulsa.  We're having barbeque for dinner.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #871 on: June 29, 2014, 11:24:41 PM »

With 4 interviews in 48 hours and the dinner being after the first 3, I will at least have the appearance of trying to get a job.  I will not propose to her until I have a job, though, and I will reassure him of that.

Where are you having dinner? Is it just the two of you? Will you pick up the check?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #872 on: June 29, 2014, 11:25:35 PM »
« Edited: June 29, 2014, 11:27:31 PM by Lankford for US Senate 2014 »

Anyway, onto a different topic.  I am having dinner with my girlfriend's father tomorrow evening.  That can only mean one thing.  I am going to ask her father for his daughter's hand in marriage.  I am plotting my question to her, as well.

Oh my!

Ohhhhhhhhhhh do you think papa allison is going to suggest it? Or did Bushie set up this dinner? Are we looking at a 4th of July proposal?

Sounds like Bushie just can't wait!

4th of July is probably a little soon.  I'm hoping the next weekend, if possible.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #873 on: June 29, 2014, 11:55:45 PM »

Just to clarify, one needs not have a job, only giving the impression of looking for one, to ask a father, but one does need a job to ask the woman? Just trying to get a grasp on the social customs of Oklahoma.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #874 on: June 30, 2014, 12:00:24 AM »

Just to clarify, one needs not have a job, only giving the impression of looking for one, to ask a father, but one does need a job to ask the woman? Just trying to get a grasp on the social customs of Oklahoma.

I really wouldn't bother...
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies