North East Region Gubernatorial Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:40:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  North East Region Gubernatorial Election
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: North East Region Gubernatorial Election  (Read 14338 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: May 25, 2004, 10:53:07 AM »

With four candidates, I think it would be very advisable to test Preferential Voting in this election.
GO SIEGE!

...but it's a regional election, so the new law doesn't apply Undecided
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #126 on: May 25, 2004, 11:15:19 AM »

With four candidates, I think it would be very advisable to test Preferential Voting in this election.
GO SIEGE!

Yeah, it's up to the NorthEasterners to decide...
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #127 on: May 25, 2004, 02:11:21 PM »

GO SIEGE!

Yeah, it's up to the NorthEasterners to decide...

We dont want it, it will be a popular election
Blerpiez
blerpiez

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #128 on: May 25, 2004, 03:24:33 PM »

I think we should vote on having preferential voting
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #129 on: May 25, 2004, 03:55:25 PM »

I don't.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #130 on: May 27, 2004, 09:14:31 PM »

Just like to remind every that the filing deadline for the Governors race for the North East is this monday May 31st. The ballot reads so far:

Siege40 (P-ME)
Justin (IR-NH)
Flyers2004 (D-PA)
.Andrew (UAC-NY)

Good luck to everyone, and if you thinking about running declare now!
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #131 on: May 28, 2004, 02:09:53 AM »

I endorse Andrew. Smiley

And to Flyers...shouldn't the US/Atlas Forum sign the Kyoto protocol before demanding that others do it? Wink

And an international currency??? With what will we stabilize the economy? Unemployment?

Of course we should sign it!  International currency would be a great idea and reduce trade discrepancies with China and India.  Hey, we are becoming a global economy.  Let's do it fair!
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #132 on: May 28, 2004, 11:02:18 AM »

I'd like to thank my fellow citizens  for the support I've recieved in recent weeks. I just skimmed through this thread and realized how much has changed in this forum. At the start of this race the Forum was a 3 party system, (barely). Now so much has happened that I am shocked to see the collapse of the old  system. I've recently been busy, I've been writing essays and reports and this past week I've been in Toronto's Queen's Park working in OMP (Ontario Model Parliament) where my party did its best to make Ontario a better place to live. So while being irratably absent at least it's for a good reason.

Four canidates for Governor... wow... this is going to be one hell of a race...

Siege
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #133 on: May 28, 2004, 11:28:27 AM »

I'd like to thank my fellow citizens  for the support I've recieved in recent weeks. I just skimmed through this thread and realized how much has changed in this forum. At the start of this race the Forum was a 3 party system, (barely). Now so much has happened that I am shocked to see the collapse of the old  system. I've recently been busy, I've been writing essays and reports and this past week I've been in Toronto's Queen's Park working in OMP (Ontario Model Parliament) where my party did its best to make Ontario a better place to live. So while being irratably absent at least it's for a good reason.

Four canidates for Governor... wow... this is going to be one hell of a race...

Siege

Check out my FAB News Network, then answer this question?

How could you do such a thing Siege? Wink
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #134 on: May 28, 2004, 11:31:23 AM »

Siege! Welcome Back!
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2004, 03:48:50 PM »

Seige, you need to put something in your signature saying what state you are from, preferably an avatar.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #136 on: May 29, 2004, 09:28:15 AM »

Yes, Siege40 you need to change your avator back to Maine, or put in your signature, I'm from Maine for fantasy elections. Thank you.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #137 on: May 30, 2004, 11:39:37 AM »

I'm back to Maine... after a short diplomatic mission to Ontario, where I have gained the political support of foreign leaders! Anyway, we're going to have a tough race, especially the left which is largely fragmented. I miss the days of Democrat, Republican and Progressive, but times they are a changin', best of luck to everyone.

BTW can someone tell me how to put images into my signature, I have an image I want to use.

Siege
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #138 on: May 30, 2004, 12:09:34 PM »

I'm back to Maine... after a short diplomatic mission to Ontario, where I have gained the political support of foreign leaders! Anyway, we're going to have a tough race, especially the left which is largely fragmented. I miss the days of Democrat, Republican and Progressive, but times they are a changin', best of luck to everyone.

BTW can someone tell me how to put images into my signature, I have an image I want to use.

Siege

same way you put images in pictures, [ img ]link [ / img ]
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #139 on: May 30, 2004, 12:14:49 PM »

I endorse Andrew. Smiley

And to Flyers...shouldn't the US/Atlas Forum sign the Kyoto protocol before demanding that others do it? Wink

And an international currency??? With what will we stabilize the economy? Unemployment?

Of course we should sign it!  International currency would be a great idea and reduce trade discrepancies with China and India.  Hey, we are becoming a global economy.  Let's do it fair!

I repeat my question: how do you propose we handle discrepancies in the real exchange rate between different areas?
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: May 30, 2004, 02:54:09 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong but is not currency reform a Federal issue and out of the juridiction of the States? So what does it matter if he believes in international currency? For the record I'm opposed to global currency.

Siege
Justin
United States

« Reply #141 on: May 30, 2004, 03:47:37 PM »
« Edited: May 30, 2004, 05:59:41 PM by Justin »

I too am opposed to a global currency as it would waste too much time, effort, and money setting up an international currency, banks, and the conversion from a native country's currency toa  global currency. We as a nation might not have enough say how the currency is run. I am in favor of the idea of dollarization.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #142 on: May 30, 2004, 04:44:16 PM »

Siege

Siege if you wish to change parties from Progressive to something else, do it before the end of Monday.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #143 on: May 31, 2004, 10:28:18 AM »

Siege

Siege if you wish to change parties from Progressive to something else, do it before the end of Monday.

I'd like to think of myself as an independent, but the Progressives are the closest political entity to my beliefs. Can someone explain to me the current parties remaining in Atlas? Centrists? Nationalists? I'm so confused. But for the meantime I'd like to point out that I'm a progressive, but willing to work with other parties.

Siege
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #144 on: May 31, 2004, 10:29:19 AM »

Siege!  Join the AFDNC!

But I would say you fit in best with the United Left.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #145 on: May 31, 2004, 10:32:19 AM »

Siege

I'd like to think of myself as an independent, but the Progressives are the closest political entity to my beliefs. Can someone explain to me the current parties remaining in Atlas? Centrists? Nationalists? I'm so confused. But for the meantime I'd like to point out that I'm a progressive, but willing to work with other parties.

Siege
Yeah Siege, join the UL! (But you can still do that after the election o/c...)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #146 on: May 31, 2004, 11:05:53 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong but is not currency reform a Federal issue and out of the juridiction of the States? So what does it matter if he believes in international currency? For the record I'm opposed to global currency.

Siege

I guess you're right on that, but I would not vote for someone proposing such a whacky idea, even if he didn't have the power to enact it. What else could we expect, after all? Wink
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #147 on: May 31, 2004, 11:06:37 AM »

Siege

Siege

You should definitely join the UL, Siege.  We are basically the old Progressives (who didn't leave after the "revolution") plus a few left-wing Democrats.  
We have a message board, and are currently in the process of working out our official platform.  You would be most welcome there.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #148 on: May 31, 2004, 02:52:48 PM »

Siege

Siege

You should definitely join the UL, Siege.  We are basically the old Progressives (who didn't leave after the "revolution") plus a few left-wing Democrats.  
We have a message board, and are currently in the process of working out our official platform.  You would be most welcome there.

Me... welcome... I'm touched... sniffel... Of the current canidates running for Governor of the Northeast, are any of them UL (I assume that UL is just Democrats)? Because it would make little sense for both of us to run if I were to join the party afterwards.

Siege
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #149 on: May 31, 2004, 02:55:41 PM »

No. There's a Democrat (Flyers) a UACer and former Republican (.Andrew, formerly known as YoungRepub) and a National and former Republican (Justin) apart from you.
The UL is not the Democratic Party. The two exist side by side, but we're supporting their presidential candidates (There's a Atlas Fantasy Political Party selector done by htmlDon!)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies