North East Region Gubernatorial Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 03:50:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  North East Region Gubernatorial Election
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: North East Region Gubernatorial Election  (Read 14365 times)
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2004, 03:27:17 PM »

NickG are your running for something?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2004, 03:38:49 PM »

He's running for governor in the Mideast.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2004, 03:39:53 PM »

He's running for governor in the Mideast.

Thanks Gustaf, well I endorse NickG for Governor of Mideast.
Justin
United States

« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2004, 05:13:57 PM »

My Platform is a simple one. I promise if elected to carry out an agenda that has the support the people here in the North East.

I believe in the idea of small government. In order for the government to be effective for all citizens of this board. Government must be contained lest the people are abused by a government that knows no bounds. I believe in strong family-values as well as promoting an agenda that will bring families closer together, so that our children will have more support in our evergrowing and changing world

I believe the deffinition of marriage as a union between a man and a woman. Narriage is a scred and holy institution. The government should not become a tyranny of the minority that overides the will of the majority. That's not what our founding father's intended when they drafted our constitution.

Lastly, I support fair tax laws. There are millions of hard working Americans who go to work many hours a day, 7 days a week. They have parts of thier paycheck confiscated by the Federal government in the name of taxation. It is high time that we the people send a voice that will tell the Federal Government that we will not stand for our taxes raised. As Governor, I will work hard to introduce and sign legislation that will leviate the tax burden in the states and return to the citizens what they have rightfully earned.

Thank and God Bless america!!
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #104 on: May 05, 2004, 10:34:01 PM »

I urge NixonNow to run for Governor of the great Northeast.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2004, 10:00:57 PM »

bump, for Flyers2004....
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2004, 10:02:54 PM »

The Date of the election is June 4th-6th... the filing deadline is May 31st.... Once Flyers2004 declares the ballot will be:

Siege40 (P-ME)
Justin (IR-NH)
Flyers2004 (D-PA)
Justin
United States

« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2004, 10:32:25 PM »

Looks like the Liberals will be split down the middle. This should prove to be an interesting race.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #108 on: May 23, 2004, 10:50:22 PM »

Looks like the Liberals will be split down the middle. This should prove to be an interesting race.

yep, I also think Andrew should get into the race
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2004, 12:43:42 AM »

I have now declared my candidacy for Northeast Governor.  Well, here's my platform.

Abortion- Uphold Roe v. Wade, but make provisions to ban 3rd trimester abortions.  3rd trimester only for life and health of mother, rape, or incest.

Taxes-  A completely new 8/13/18/23/28/33/38/43% bracket.  Here's for single taxpayers:

0-6000 8%
6000-15000 13%
15000-50000 18%
50000-80000 23%
80000-125000 28%
125000-175000 33%
175000-225000 38%
225000+ 43%

Married filing jointly brackets will be multiplied by 1.67 to keep marriage penaly/bonuses to a minimum

Uphold deductions for mortgage, state, and local taxes.  Increase Hope and Lifetime Learning credits to a $10,000 maximum.  Phase out icome levels should increase to 150K-175K.

Capital gains will be taxed according to marginal rate.  Dividends will be taxed on incomes over $50,000 and a maximum dividend rate of 25%.  The Republicans actually have a good argument here given the fact it is essentially double taxation.  I made it 50K because a lot of seniors have dividend income.

Standard deduction for single is $5,000, MFJ $10,000.  OVer 65 and/or blind gets extra $3,000.

I just earned a BBA in Accounting and I can go all day on this if need be.

Trade- Free trade, but with tighter restrictions on labor and environment.  Trading partners must sign the Kyoto Protocol.  There should also be an international minimum wage and an OSHA-like organization.  The AFL-CIO and others should be allowed to organize internationally.  Also, the US and other nations should internationalize their accounting standards to IASB rules.  

Currency-  Work towards a unified international currency.  This will take a while, but would make free, fair trade much easier.  Also, this would damper China, India, and other cheap labor nations into artificially weaking their currency to give them unprecendented trade advantages.  

Gay marriage/civil unions-  I am for civil unions, but not gay marrigae just yet.  It's not me, but I do no think America is ready for it just yet.

Education-  Increase funding with use of military cuts.  They won't be drastic cuts, but come on $500 billion is WAY  too much.  My tax policies should make education at any level second to none worldwide.  There needs to be more funding for math and science and NASA needs to inspire our youth like it did in the 60s and 70s.  In addition to funding, accountabilty will be greater with both teachers and parents.  Parents will b required to cehck on their children's progress and if not, the children will be required to spend some time after school.  It's harsh, but necessary given the lack of parental involvment.  Also, teacher pay MUST be increased.  This is not only socially just, but ultimately a natioanl security issue as well when it comes to the fact that China is gaining on us at alarming rates.

Health care- Universal, federally funded, 2% SSI surtax to pay for it.  There will be co-pays for prescriptions, doctor visits, and hospitalization as per usual.  However, this would ultimately benefit society economically in the long run because employee absenteeism woudl sharply decrease.

Military-  Gets too much money.  When 17% of our taxes pay for missiles and planes a good number of which aren't being used, this is grossly inefficient!  The US has the capability to blow the world up 20X over, do u think it would be that bad if it were 10X?<rhetorical question>  Some of the cuts would be allocated towards the CIA and other intelligence and law enforcement operations.  A lot of the cuts would eb reallocated towards education.  In a nutshell- 'SMART, EFFICIENT, MEANINGFUL NATIONAL SECURITY!'
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #110 on: May 24, 2004, 12:58:00 AM »

I agree.  I mean, UAC'ers could have supported Justin... but he refused to vote for Andrew because we're apparently all a bunch of lefties.  So, turnabout being fair play, I hope Andrew will run.

yep, I also think Andrew should get into the race
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #111 on: May 24, 2004, 01:44:55 PM »

This thread is almost 2 months old.  When are we going to have this election?
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #112 on: May 24, 2004, 01:54:01 PM »

This thread is almost 2 months old.  When are we going to have this election?

I stated above, the election is June 4th-6th, the filing deadline is May 31st.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #113 on: May 24, 2004, 01:57:30 PM »

I have recieved many requests to enter this race. I will answer them. I am now declaring my candidacy for Governor of the North East Region. The North East region needs a governor who is tough on terrorism, honest, has integrity and will do what he thinks is right for the region, not just themselves. I have been led to believe that this was me. I was very reluctant to run after my failed Senate attempt(Although close) but I now believe that I can come out on top but I can't do it alone. I need you! I need the people of the north east and together we can make this region a better place!
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #114 on: May 24, 2004, 01:58:27 PM »

I have recieved many requests to enter this race. I will answer them. I am now declaring my candidacy for Governor of the North East Region. The North East region needs a governor who is tough on terrorism, honest, has integrity and will do what he thinks is right for the region, not just themselves. I have been led to believe that this was me. I was very reluctant to run after my failed Senate attempt(Although close) but I now believe that I can come out on top but I can't do it alone. I need you! I need the people of the north east and together we can make this region a better place!

Go Andrew!
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #115 on: May 24, 2004, 01:59:16 PM »

Andrew Andrew Andrew
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #116 on: May 24, 2004, 02:03:35 PM »

I am very happy to see you in this race Andrew.  Now the voters have a clear option.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #117 on: May 24, 2004, 02:19:51 PM »

I endorse Andrew. Smiley

And to Flyers...shouldn't the US/Atlas Forum sign the Kyoto protocol before demanding that others do it? Wink

And an international currency??? With what will we stabilize the economy? Unemployment?
Justin
United States

« Reply #118 on: May 24, 2004, 02:57:44 PM »

Well,this is getting very interesting indeed. Well, It looks like I will ave my work cut out for me. I hereby switch my party alliegence to the Atlas National Party, seeing that they are the best political party that have the same interests as me.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #119 on: May 24, 2004, 03:39:32 PM »

I hereby endorse .Andrew for Governor the North East.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #120 on: May 24, 2004, 05:06:36 PM »

I also hereby endorse Andrew (UAC-NY) for Governor of the North East region.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #121 on: May 24, 2004, 05:12:26 PM »

GO SIEGE
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #122 on: May 24, 2004, 07:37:38 PM »

I endorse Andrew, my fellow New Yorker!
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #123 on: May 25, 2004, 07:48:28 AM »

I endorse Andrew for Governor of the NE Smiley
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #124 on: May 25, 2004, 08:24:17 AM »

With four candidates, I think it would be very advisable to test Preferential Voting in this election.
GO SIEGE!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies